1,700 results
All reviews outdoor pool feversham arms poolside suite hot tub deluxe suite steam room pool side verbena spa relaxation area heat experience the underground car park treatment rooms room wasn't ready tasting menu evening meal a la carte log burner
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great food, the room was not up to the standard I would excpect for the price being charged. The spa and outdoor pool are excellent. Didn't have any treatments, but they seem expensive. Was very surprised to find an optional service charge of 5% added on to the whole bill on checkout. Although this is called optional it was already on the bill! Why a service charge for the room itself?. As the jacuzzi was not working I actually expected a discount. This was not offered although we did get a glass of Prosecco free of charge when we asked, but only because someone else told us about this. This 5% which was added automatically really took the edge off our stay and is unnecessary. I have never come across this in any other hotel I have stayed in.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank 706PhilipH
Feversham A, Guest Relations Manager at Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us and for your kind words regarding the spa and the pool. The service charge is a hotel policy that has been in place for some months now.

I am sorry about the Jacuzzi, obviously this is out of our control and we had to get an external company out to fix it. Nonetheless, I am glad that we were able to offer you a glass of prosecco as way of an apology and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel a few times with family. We had a great experience. Everything to a high standard , I would class as excellent.
This visit was for business. I was given a room that was not to the class of excellent. It was on the first floor overlooking the road. Fixtures and fittings were dated, as was decor. If I was being kind I would be struggling to class this as good. Certainly not up to the price level charged. The shower was an old mixer tap over a bath!
To the excellent things. The food in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast was of a high standard. The service was polite and efficient.

On check out a service charge of 5% is added to everything spent - discretionary it may be. I feel this puts the customer in a position of awkwardness when checking out. This hotel has one of the highest rates in the area. I would like to think the staff are well paid for their job. If I wish to leave a tip to an individual for service that is excellent then that should be my decision, not the hotels.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Ian D

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay with us. We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay. Your comments regarding the room have been noted and passed on to our maintenance and housekeeping teams to be addressed.

In regards to the service charge, as you have stated it is completely optional, however, I am sorry if you felt put in an awkward situation. It is a hotel policy that has been in place for some months now.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Visit the verbena spa on a regular basis. Absolutely the best spa by far with professional and courteous staff members. Having had massages, pedicure and facials I can not recommend any particular treatment as all have been excellent. Helmsley as an added bonus is a gem and beautiful place for a walk around

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne W

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review following your trip to the spa. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experienced and had such wonderful treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

This place is lovely. Excellent value, luxury spa, lovely atmosphere in the hotel, attentive staff, very accommodating. This is our third stay and won't be our last. This was our first stay with a toddler and it still felt just as luxury. The Spa is very relaxing and the outdoor heated pool is just as usable in October weather!Located in beautiful Helmsley.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Feversham A, Guest Relations Manager at Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us and for your kind words regarding the spa, the hotel and the staff. We really appreciate them and are so glad that you and your family were all able to enjoy your time with us and we hope its not too long until your fourth visit!

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Nice Spa and outdoor pool, but overall expensive for what we got.
We enjoyed the warm outdoor pool and the 3-4 spa facilities.
Did not eat in the restaurant or visit the bar so cannot comment on these.
Breakfast was excellently cooked and served, with a wide range of options other than English breakfast.
Room was clean bed was one of the most comfy I have had in a hotel, slept really well now.
Now the bad:- Seemed to have no hot or cold water in the morning, rang reception and someone came up and found the eccentricity of how the taps work. He said washer faults. Why no one else had this problem and it was not fixed, is beyond me.
On checking out handed a shock 8% gratuity bill (optional). Why is this not mentioned on booking.com or when you check in?

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank AwesomeAyresome
Feversham A, Guest Relations Manager at Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the pool and some of the facilities, hopefully next time you will be able to use them all. We are glad you had a good breakfast and chef and his team will appreciate the kind words.

I can only apologise for the issue you experienced with the water in your room and am glad that it was addressed straight away and resolved.

In relation to the service charge, it is a 5% optional service charge, and it is stated on the reception desk and on our website, as well as in all hotel confirmations. Our revenue manager is in discussion with booking.com to get it stated on there as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.