“OK Family Pub”

Papa's Pub & Eatery
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Our B&B recommended this place. It was full when we arrived. Apparently it's a local favorite of families.

Service was slow, but they were crowded. I had a single piece fish and chip, my wife had a chicken wrap. We had a beer and ice tea. The tab came to $31.

The food was filling and good. Not much ambiance. Full bar and wifi.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

On a recent road trip we had stopped at a tourist info centre and as I was leaving asked a staff member where she goes to eat..without hesitating "Poppas Pub ". We did go and had the haddock sandwich which was fresh and excellent. The service was quick and very friendly. We'll stop again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We visited Papa's Pub 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Thought we would return on this stopover.
We ordered spicy chicken pizza. My first mistake as I am not a huge pizza fan.
It took a while to get this pizza. Our server brought a basket of onion rings on the house even though we had not complained.
The pizza, when it arrived, was hot, attractive and disappointing. Crust far too thick and doughy, large chunks of chicken. Spiciness was jalapeño and tasty but texture heavy and too much.
I wish I'd chosen something else as I thing, generally, this is a good little restaurant.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We arrived late in the evening for dinner. Staff were pleasant and accommodating. Our waitress even assisted us in choosing our dishes. All were fish selections, and all were good. My garden salad was so fresh and filled with a variety of vegetables!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Always a stop on our trips to the Port Hawkesbury area. Good food and service. The pizza is amazing and worth the drive from Ontario alone. My brother is a big fan of their pan fried haddock.

Good sized portions, prices are reasonable and comparable to most chain restaurants but the food is fresh and home made and it's all in a small town, family friendly atmosphere. Highly recommend.