My husband and I celebrated our wedding at Oceanstone at the end of August and we could not be happier about the facility and the service. Everything was perfect right down to the minor details. We had multiple guests come up to us and thank us for choosing this resort for our wedding!
The wedding coordinator Lizzie is so wonderful and was there to help with anything we asked. She even helped us put out our center pieces and set up the reception area the day before the wedding. The day of the wedding she kept popping in to visit us girls while we were getting ready and offering to help. During the wedding one of our guests had a small child with him and Lizzie noticed that he had to leave during the meal to put her to sleep. Lizzie had his meal sent to his room for him and saved his dessert for when he came back to the dinner. That is just one example of the care and attention that the staff put towards the guests.
The resort is beautiful and very well maintained. They have just done an upgrade and the main lodge (where our reception was) is so beautiful and elegant that we hardly had to put any decorations out. The cottages that we stayed in are so wonderful and I've never slept in a more comfortable bed. I wanted to take the comforter home with me!
There are fire pits outside the cottages and the resort supplies the firewood. We were lucky enough that a large portion of our guests were able to stay at the resort with us for a few nights and we were able to have bonfires on the beach with them. The staff also let us use the common area outside to have a lobster boil the day after the wedding. It was so nice to be able to have everyone together like that and not crammed in our cottage.
I am so thankful that we found this resort for our wedding and we can't wait to go back for our first anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, comfortable and stunningly beautiful, Oceanstone provides a natural escape from a world stuck in fast forward. Weddings are our specialty, along with corporate retreats and getaways. Close to Halifax, Peggy's Cove and major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Oceanstone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanstone Inn & Cottages Hotel Nova Scotia
- Oceanstone Inn And Cottages
- Oceanstone Resort Nova Scotia/Indian Harbour