“Absolutely love it!!!”

Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Oh my, this place is incredible! I wish it was closer as I'd be back every couple of months. Well priced rooms, the two bed cottage we had was huge and well furnished with enough quirk that it felt like home. Food was yummy, especially at Jack Sprats. Cocktails I couldn't get enough of and so well priced you can have as many as you want. Great location and a lovely community.

But best of all, the Jakes team can't do enough for you!! They look after you as they would your family.

If you're going to Jamaica, you have to stay here, absolutely fantastic!

Room Tip: Any of the cottages, they are well priced and right by the sea
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alex M

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Ah Jake’s, why did it take us 8 years to come back? Next time, we will do a better job of not letting life get in the way of paradise. It’s hard to choose what we love most about Jake’s, the beautiful quiet beaches, the privacy of the quaint and comfortable bungalows, the amazing food, or the warmth of not only the people at Jake’s but in Treasure Beach as a whole. Treasure Beach brands itself as community tourism and after spending some time there, walking through the town or down the many beaches, you will realize that is not just a slogan. I think the community tourism idea is a two-way street. Those that embrace getting out of their room/resort and walking the town, beaches and talking to the many residents and shop owners will surely feel the warmth of Treasure Beach and realize it doesn’t just come from the beaches, food and drinks but from the people. We recommend Captain Joseph’s tours for any many Treasure Breach excursions, Eggy’s bar located on Frenchman’s Bay, Smurf’s restaurant for breakfast, as well as both dining at Jake’s and Jack Sprats. There are many other places to venture out to during the busier times as well, but those are our personal favorites. The one complaint we had was that with our bungalow extending above ocean’s rocky shore, the waves crashing up sounded some nights as if they would wash up on top of us while laying in bed. The sound becomes so enchanting that dreams seem to become more alive, sleep more satisfying and the urge to lay in bed, curling up in the moment, almost uncontrollable. We requested multiple times to management that they figure out a way to lower the volume of the crashing waves outside our bedroom but they maintained that there was simply nothing they could do.

Room Tip: We've stayed in Cockles down both times we were here. Extremely private and an amazing view of...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chaziekids
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here twice before and had to return !!

I actually want to say bad things to make people stay away so that I can selfishly have this place stay unspoilt and undiscovered for myself .... BUT ... the point of this is to be honest.

Jakes you did ..AGAIN ... I was able to sleep, relax, let go and ... dream away. Sitting outside and staring up at ..Stars ! Staff, seriously (?) ... I felt I was in my own home... they could not have been sweeter or kinder .

One critique ...Dougies Bar not quite what it used to be . Rum punch not good at all.

Jack Sprat down the road ... Food is amazing.

One critique ... can you please update the menus when items are not available for sale !

Love this place and yes, can't wait to come back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Colin R
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Jakes is so peaceful and lovely you really feel the tension instantly wash away. The bungalows have ocean views, the food is deliciously Jamaican. I loved the salt water pool and the boat trip to the Pelican Bar to sip rum in the middle of the ocean. Sally and Justine Henzell are amazing hostesses. The bike rides were amazing!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lori O
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend while working in Kingston. It is a fair old drive but so worth it. On arrival we had a lovely, friendly welcome and had a super fish wrap while our rooms were prepared.
James is a great spot and so peaceful. We enjoyed sitting on the pier soaking up the sunshine and sipping on Red Stripe before we took a boat over to Pelican Bar(see separate review).
Unfortunately the weekend went far too quickly but we will definitely return the next time we are working in Kingston.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2017

What a fantastic trip this was for me and my wife who visited Jamaica for the fourth time. I must say i was not expecting such beauty and tranquility on the southern side of Jamaica. We always spend our vacation in Montego Bay, but this time we just decided on going somewhere more Quiet. From the moment we called Jakes to make our reservation, we got excited.
Upon arriving at the property's main entrance, we started to see the beauty that we've been missing out on when we come to Jamaica. I felt nature at its best, Gardens clean and well groomed, the view of the Caribbean sea is breath taking..
From all our visits to Jamaica, this was the best vacation and we have never seen such great customer service in all the resorts we visited. From The begging Adrian From the front office promised us that we would have a time to remember. He planned all our days activities and made sure each day we were doing well, Great Service (THUMBS UP!!!).
Food each day was perfect and the young ladies at the outside dinning and Bar always have that beautiful smile to greet us with. Our Massage was so smooth and relaxing at the spa, the young lady did a great Job.
Jakes is now our Treasure and we will forever keep this treasure in our hearts, and on our agenda,, We wont stop coming.

Room Tip: Choose Ocean rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 932marmar90
Reviewed 21 September 2017

If you're looking for a 5-star resort, this is not it. But what you will find here is a charming and rustic place to put up your feet for a few days. First off, it is several hours drive from the Kingston and Montego Bay airports. The roads to get to Treasure Beach are curvy and full of potholes. If you get car sick easily, take some dramamine.

When I arrived, I was greeted warmly and shown to my little villa. My villa had a patio table as well as two lounge chairs. I didn't get one with a view of the ocean, but the amazing view was only yards outside. At first I wasn't sure about the shower since it has some sort intricate design with only a mesh window cover and basically, someone could just see me naked. I got over this hump as it was facing the side and mostly hidden by foliage. This side of the island doesn't get too touristy since the beaches aren't huge and aren't white sand. This was completely fine by me as I'm not a beach person. (You're probably asking why I went to Jamaica in the first place.) There are no TVs in the rooms, but there is wifi.

I ate at the on-site restaurant for almost every meal. I tried many things such as salt fish and ackee, banana porridge, a lot of seafood, stuff with jerk, and coconut ice cream. They also offer typical American food such as steak, eggs, and salmon. The service was absolutely top notch. It was quite hot and I always found my water to be refilled quickly and the staff to be friendly. They are also next to Jack Sprat which serves some pretty decent pizza.

If you can stand the long drive, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
72.3 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
76.1 km away
Travellers Beach Resort

Been to Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!