“Be sure to stay..”

and 1 more site!
Treasure Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Wonderful staff, beautiful grounds, nice enough rooms, excellent food, great coffee, very very relaxing atmosphere.. and did I say a wonderful staff...I have stayed there a dozen times or more over the last decade (+). I use it as a weekend retreat when I am in Jamaica on business from the US. It is a special place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at Treasure Beach Hotel for 2 weeks over Christmas. I needed to get away from life, the business of the city and work. I wanted to leave my watch and not worry about the time or anything else. this is exactly what my doctor would order. I am not into the touristy stuff, I wanted a place where I could keep to myself if I wanted and no one would bother me. Because Treasure Beach is away from the touristy things, there are only the other guests, the staff and the locals. All which were very kind to me. Pete was the driver who picked me up from the airport. He is a very kind man and he doesn't speed like some of the locals. It was a pleasant drive to the hotel. Miss Lorna and Miss Daphane kept my ice water always full and always sent me to my room with ice water. They knew what I loved for breakfast (achee and salt fish), and were always there to help!! Miss Melonie, is a super woman!! She does anything that is needed for my stay be a lovely one. The grounds are very lovely and quiet. There are 2 pools and the ocean. Even though it was December there was plenty of room on the beach. I watched some locals playing ball, the children in the ocean and other tourists. I had an ocean view room. I could hear the ocean all day and all night. It put me to sleep every night. The view was spectacular!! You could see the ocean until it joined the sky. I have already gone back in June to visit and felt like I was at home. I will go back to this "treasure" on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View room
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathryn-Falconer
Reviewed 2 July 2011

In reading the very good reviews for Treasure Beach Hotel I was very disappointed with our experience once we arrived. First, the staff at the front desk tried to charge me for an extra bed and an extra person even though the reservation and quoted rate was for the full number of people in our group (2 adults & 1 child). Then, once I finally convinced the manager of the validity of my reservation and the quoted rate, we were given and "oceanview" room that did not have an oceanview, even after I confirmed with the manager that the room was an oceanview room. I don't really know it the staff was being intentionally deceptive, or if it was just a communication issue, but it was a very frustrating experience just checking into the hotel. Once we started to use the property, we were also disappointed that the property is run down and the pools were not very clean. We checked out the next day, and we also did not see any other guests the day & night that we were there! Nobody else walking around, in the pools, on the beach, in the restaurant, and no other cars in the parking lot. On the positive side, the hotel is situated on a fantastic bluff overlooking the ocean and is a very peaceful property. With a little maintenance and better service, this would be a great place!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank gportner
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed at the Treasure Beach Hotel in early February 2011. Our visit to Jamaica included time in Negril also, but if you want an experience that feels original and down-to-earth and so much less tourist-y, go to Treasure Beach. It's like being in a small town in the country. We absolutely loved it. The hotel arranged to have Pete pick us up at the airport and drive us across the interior of the island to TBH. There are 4 rooms to a cottage...2 up and 2 down. The rooms are very large. Not luxurious but simple and clean. I recommend asking for a room on the second floor so you can enjoy the view of the ocean from the porch. Swimming was limited becasue of the strong under-tow here but we had great fun in the waves close to shore. Often we were the only people on the beach. There's very little shade on the beach but we found small places selling cold drinks where we could sit and cool off. The hotel as 2 pools and, again, we often had them to ourselves. Maybe we just happened to come at a quiet time. But we loved it. We had no car and didn't miss it. We walked up and down the road from Smurfs to Jakes, eating at a different place for every meal. There's not much for entertainment but you get closer to people. The ladies walking home from church. The store keepers. The locals visiting at breakfast. And Melony at the front desk. She's wonderful! Go! See for yourself.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I spent the third week in March at the Treasure Beach Hotel with my partner what can I say it was fantastic we loved every minute of it. It was like waking up in heaven every single day. We had an oceanview room with breakfast if you go ask for room 51 or 55 they have the most beautiful view of the sea, each night and morning we woke up to the sound of the sea glorious. The rooms are big spacious and airy. One of our bedstead post was almost broken in half and right side of the bed had slightly sunk but that did not change the way we felt about our stay. Breakfast was tasty too and you got a generous portion we had the Jamaican breakfast. We took the boat across to the Pelican bar that was fun. The boat guys are almost fighting for trade so dont pay more than $2500 JA. If you want to go out for a meal independent of the hotel you have to take a taxi into Black River again dont pay more than $500 JA. Everyone in St Elizabeth is so friendly and makes you feel welcome. I will be going back to Jamaica in September for my birthday and I will definitely be spending a week at the Treasure Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Just say a friend highly recommended the room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmorais8868
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Just awesome beautiful beachside room that you can be lulled to sleep by the sound of lapping waves on the shore. An easy short walk to points of interest on the beach-Frenchman's Reef for dinner (had a delicious huge meal of coconut and curry King Fish with vegetables!) and entertainment, Jack Sprats, Jakes, plus where outboard motor boats docked there for trip to Pelican Bar on an offshore reef. Loved the people and service at the Hotel. It's kick back so expect island time to best receive services. But extra help was given quickly when it was discovered I had a flat on the car rental when I was getting ready to leave for Savanna La Mar in Westmoreland. Ted (Jenue) and Winston were on fixing the tire for me so I could quickly get on my way! Also Melanie, manager, was outstanding for any special requests. Mine was to go out dancing, so she had Ted accompany me. Everyone tourists and locals are all so friendly so having a great time is guaranteed for sure. I was allowed to cut some leaves and flowers to make floral arrangements for the lobby and desks. Love it! I will return and stay at least 5 days next time (July) to really get more of the "feel good you must relax here". Extensive landscaped grounds, two pool areas and walkways all kept neat and clean. There is food service at a designated time and breakfast included in your stay for more than 2 days. If you want low key, out of a busy rush of alot of tourists and constant activity, this is your place to really get away from it all and feel the warm sea breeze, get a wonderful tan and be with lovely people all around!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Yokut
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Antoniette & Brian' reviews:

Antoniette says:
"Im the mean one, or so he says"...If you like a quiet untouched beach then Treasure Beach is the one!! Really secluded and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of the regular Tourist areas. The rooms are in need of some upgrades, especially the bathroom. Food alright (lunch and dinner not so good), I advice eating off site"Dutch-Pot" , otherwise the hospitality is great! I recommend visiting Treasure Beach.

Brian says:
"Well Im a little more 'compassionate' than my lady...She says sometimes Im a too compassionate lol
Well getting there was an adventure, but we were off the 'beaten path' so it was good to see the countryside [I never been to the southwest parishes [Clarendon, Manchester, St. Elisabeth's] Just like the rest of JA ...country is BEAUTIFUL!
Once we got to the hotel, nestled high of the cliff among the crashing waves - Spectacular!
Checked in and headed to the beach.....picturesque, a photographers creative haven. The beach was virtually empty the whole time we were there, which made it picturesque and a afeeling that it was all yours. Well the rooms needed some rehab done to it. [touch up paint, re-tiling in the bathroom] The bed was very comfortable [slept like a baby - rare for me] The food was well.....let me break it down, first the Yabbas restaurant catered a bit too much to the 'american' palette, although if yu ordered jamaican dishes you werent disappointed especially during breakfast [calalloo and salfish-yummy!].....pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers/cheeseburgers on the menu...I didnt come all the way to St Elisabeth Jamaica to nyam sum pizza! So we found a nice restaurant down the road called Dutch Pot - Good food, jerk, curried, rice and peas, brown stewed, the works! Reasonable portions at good prices.
Hospitality was superb! Like you were family! Overall I enjoyed our stay, very romantic, off the beaten path, not the norm of Negril, Mo'Bay, or Ochi."

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1.6 km away
Marblue Villa Suites
Marblue Villa Suites
#2 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Treasure Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!