“Rest, Restore and Revive”

Treasure Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
London, Ontario, Canada
“Rest, Restore and Revive”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I spent a wonderful 2 weeks at Treasure Beach Hotel in February, 2012. If you're looking for 'real Jamaica' and a tranquil place to rest, restore and revive your energy...this just may be the place for you. Melonie and her staff of wonderful people are an important part of the rejuvenation that you can find here. It's quiet. It's clean. It's on the beach. It's lush. Dr. and Mrs. Brown, you have something very special. The smiles are limitless and the cheerful greetings are abundant. Your staff went above and beyond to make us feel as though we were at home. Thank You. All of you. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the terrific food and fun we experienced at Frenchman's Reef, Jack Spratt's and Oliver's. One Love!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deb B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
FLORIDA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stopped into a number of hotels along the main beach road in Treasure Beach. The place we booked on line was not to our liking and we moved after two days. This hotel is a winner. Its old and a little run down in the exterior painting department, but it is after all, subject to the salt air. The grounds are beautiful. Plants and hummingbirds abound. Stairways up and down the hillside can be a challenge for anyone with a walking handicap. We stayed in the highest spot and the best room with a view. The room was clean, cooled by breezes, fans and A/C. Hot water provided by solar so if its cloudy for a long time, the water is not that hot. The staff was very helpful with everything. We were practically alone at the hotel for the 4 days we stayed. Loved it. Walkable beach, no shells. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Your choice of meals. The only complaint we had was our last dinner there. We never got served after 1 hour plus. There was a bus load of Europeans that came in that night and the staff appeared dedicated to taking care of them and forgot about us. A buffet was served to them and we were later told we could have eaten off the buffet if we wished. But we were not told that earlier. Other than that one complaint, we were very happy with the hotel, the room, the staff, etc.

Room Tip: If you spend the day out rather than in or around your room, it does not matter. If you like to sit...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLHARRISFL
smithfield, va
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Have to preface the review by saying that even though I am a huge Jamaica fan...not so much for Treasure Beach. Why? Because the water is not like the rest of the Island. It's grey in color, horrible for snorkeling and too rough to swim. Yes, the people who live there are laid back and very friendly. You will not be hassled here.
The hotel is not bad, but hard to call it a must stay. The positives are breakfast and lunch at the restaurant. Dinner is fair.
I got their top rated room and although reasonably priced, it was sort of lacking. The TV was old and very few stations. The pool was medicore at best. The bathroom just felt old. Sorry, this place just doesn't get it done for me. Stayed for four days and was really bored and ready for the long drive to Port Antonio.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

After not going to the Caribbean for several years we returned this year to Treasure Beach, finding it as friendly and efficient as before with the majority of staff still the same, which speaks for itself. Nothing was too much trouble, and, in fact, we extended our stay.

This small hotel has a special ambience, and is unique - a great place to unwind.

Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday so special.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2012

i stayed at treasure beach hotel in may of 2011. what can i say, it was great. the staff was respectful and the other guest were pleasant, the locals i met were very entertaining.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is my first stay and I absolutely love it at Treasure Beach Hotel!!!! This hotel has got to have the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever met especially when compared to the "five star" all inclusive hotels I have stayed at before. Its a more back to nature vibe with my room just a stone throw from the ocean. The sound of the ocean outs me to sleep at night and I wake up feeling refreshed every morning. My only complaint would be the need for more cable channels !!! Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a romantic getaway, a peaceful place to work or just a plain old vacation. Melanie, Lorna, Gayon, Marlon, Nordia and the whole staff will make your stay even better and oh yeah the food is great!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tamar T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I booked to stay at this hotel the first week in October I had previously stayed here in March this year. It was dreadful first off our room smelt horrid as it had not been used for a long time there were cobwebs in several places the chair provided was filthy. The staff did not know where our room was situated, our toilet did not flush which they did rectify. PLEASE BE AWARE THE VOUCHER ADVERTISED ON TRIPADVISOR IS NOT FOR A JAMAICAN BREAKFAST IT IS FOR A SLICE OF BREAD AND CAKE. I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER MELANIE ABOUT THIS AND SHE PROMISED TO MAKE IT KNOWN WHAT TYPE OF BREAKFAST THE VOUHER IS FOR TO DATE SHE HAS NOT DONE THIS. I found Melanie to be intrusive and did not appreciate her sitting down and talking to me I am hoilday and did not want to talk to her. We left the hotel after three days we did not like the atmosphere it is a shabby one star hotel and we would never ever go back there we were so unhappy we preferred to lose four days of our booking. Treasure Beach has beautiful views and can be very romantic just book into a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1.1 km away
Sunset Resort & Villas
Sunset Resort & Villas
#3 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Treasure Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!