All reviews enjoyed my stay seen better days grounds are beautiful home away from home pools beach treasure surf jennifer jamaican relaxation locals screen
Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

I had a upstairs 'apartment/room'. So much space, the bed was three pillows width and a four poster. The bathroom had shutters to seperate the toilet allowing for two potential users at once. The accommodation felt very safe.

There are two pools with sunloungers and steps leading directly to treasure beach. It's absolutely beautiful st sunset.

The reception lounge area is large with numerous seating areas and this is where wifi is available.

I would recommend this place for a relaxing, sun seeking trip. The beach has eateries and bars and is close in distance but the noise doesn't travel.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank travelbuddy73
Reviewed July 11, 2015

Past the black river, perhaps on the search for alligators, the rum distillery or some remote falls you must be in a car or similar to reach this hotel. It's set right on the beach and you can have a sea view from the rooms. It's best described as clean and basic , limited wifi, no coffee facilities in the room and pay for the breakfast.
I eat very well nearby at jack Spratt ... Twice ........ Right on the beach.
If you are touring, or want seclusion it a laid back part of agricultural Jamaica with little small holdings everywhere.
But not far from the black river attraction of fishing and crocodiles.

Date of stay: July 2015
8  Thank rogerCaymanIslands
Reviewed April 12, 2015

Treasure Beach Hotel was an absolute stunning location on Frenchman's Bay. The view from our room balcony was framed by palm trees and bougainvillea trees. Hummingbirds were our feathered companions, along with many other beautiful singing birds. The ocean and surrounding buildings and boats make this bay one of the most beautiful and compelling places I have ever stayed. When I first entered the lobby of Treasure Beach I felt very welcome. I never lost that feeling of being a "treasured" guest. The food served in the hotel restaurant is excellent. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel each day, and ventured out to other nearby locations for lunch. I fell in love with the steps and trails on this large piece of property. The grounds making up the hotel are expansive and breathtaking. Every staff person, and the owner Jennifer, was considerate of our needs and a joy to interact with during our stay. Although ours was just a vacation, this beautiful place is ideal for a getaway wedding. Oh, before I go, I must mention the amazing pools...warm water, sunny location, surrounded by flowering trees, and within the sound of the ocean surf. Do I want to go back? Oh YES!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank KathyDrissel
Reviewed March 22, 2015

This hotel was so empty while we stayed here in February 2015 that we thought it must be going out of business! Just a few other couples staying on the sprawling property, it seemed. The property is very nice, right on the beach, with lots of paths to get around (you need to be be able to do stairs!), two pools, nice patios outside the rooms, etc. We were a bit miffed to find that our door wouldn't lock, but they got a locksmith to our room to fix it in the time it took us to go to dinner. They also served us a drink upon checking in, a nice touch. Overall, it was just a quiet and relaxing place to stay, though not luxurious per se.
The food here was nothing special; we ate here for dinner and were disappointed that they were out of their advertised pizza that night.
The hot tub was not on or cleaned, so that was a no go, and the lighting all over the property is VERY dark at night! Bring a flashlight! I think they are going for energy-conscious with their outdoor and restaurant lighting, but it's just dim and fluorescent-feeling.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RebL1231
Reviewed February 19, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel for many years. There is never a disappointment, and I am always well taken care of. The staff has always been first class, professional yet very friendly and helpful. The rooms have the best view in all of Treasure Beach of the Caribbean. Don't stay here if you do not like the sound of the waves at night! Every morning there are 2 employees cleaning the 2 pools to make sure they are ready for the day ahead. I love sitting by the pool in one of the relaxing chairs and watching the sea and the fishermen. The food at the restaurant is great, as are the drinks! There is so much room to roam on the property that you never feel crowded even when the hotel is full. Literally acres of stone paths to enjoy nature from hermit crabs to beautiful Doctor Birds. (The national bird...Hummingbirds with long tails). There is not a place on earth that I would rather stay.

Date of stay: January 2015