MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2019

I followed Eckhart Tolle for more than a decade and he helped me focus on what I could find beyond my mental patterns (and filters) from where I see my "normal" life. I have never saw the light though, except for a few glimpses. It is not that Eckhart didn't succeed with me... what happened is that my mind made a lot of "noise" and I found myself pulled into unconsciousness by rumination and judgmental thoughts.
“If you are in front of an angel but you only see a stone statue, you don’t have to look somewhere else to find the angel… just continue looking at the stone statue…” Eckhart explained something like that in The Power of Now, to describe how witnessing “what meets the eye” could do for you.
I kept looing at the stone statue…
I found about Psychedelic substances nearly two months before I showed up in Treasure Beach, knowing exactly what I wanted. Knowing that I found what I was looking for (without actually knowing that I was looking for it…)
What I wanted was to shot down, at lease for a few hours, that area in my brain which is responsible for all the useless chattering, rumination, my personality based on possessions, achievements, failures, neediness and so on.
I found it… Psilocybin opened a breach in my heavy, thick, conceptual operating mode, and for the first time in my whole entire life, I saw ineffable peace and wonder, connection with all creatures and things as all “equal.”
I saw innocence and respect between creatures and things to one another.
I saw beauty, unconditional love… nobody was more or less important, or special.
I felt I knew exactly what to say at the right moment and for the first time I felt every thought with overwhelming clarity.
I have lost the compulsion to describe what I was seeing as if everybody already knew what was going on.
I could not stop crying out of happiness when I first saw all this.
I used to talk and write about all things Eckhart described as if I knew what I was talking/writing about but I didn’t know what I was doing. I thought I knew UNTIL I experienced it.
Eric and all the facilitators were a key factor to make this possible. All amazing people!
I felt, support and understanding in some of my difficult transitions within the dosed sessions.
I found simplicity and connection that is not coming from normal human interaction.
I am especially grateful to the people of the Blue Marlin (cooks and maintenance) Their love and dedication for what they do was, and still is, alive as part of my immense gratitude.
The effects of the mushroom are long gone, but almost all rumination disappeared, and when some “voices” want to take over, I feel their energy and I just smile.
My neediness of recognition, affection, consideration and such are history now. And same, when emotions related to that arise, I am there… looing at them with a sense of peace.
When I feel discomfort (and I still do) I don’t try to change it. I just look at the discomfort without rejecting anything.
I remember things from my past and I still have a role in society. Nothing changed in the external, but now I feel I have a choice to how to react to events in life.
What was fundamental was the complete acceptance of the frightening of the unknown.
If you believe that mushroom will make you feel good, you’re just wrong. What mushrooms gave me was the opportunity to enhance all perceptions and see clearly all feelings I carried all my life with me.
I just didn’t fight to change them or to understand them. I didn’t come to Treasure Beach to make “peace with my past” or to understand my parents or to find out what was wrong in my childhood.
I went there to abandon all of that because I understood that all memories (and emotions attached to them) have the compulsion to keep running inside myself. By conversing with them, they continue to reinforce themselves, and if you do it under your mushroom trips, you will probably end up getting stuck even more with them, and wasting this amazing opportunity to be really free.
If you try to understand your past, there’s always more… and more. It’s just not worthy. Just be determined to let the past go. Your past is not what you really are and it’s only purpose is to tell you “who you are” and wanting for you to believe it.
You’ll probably feel nausea during your trips… just be with it.
You’ll probably feel that you’re somehow delusional or stupid in the middle of the trip… just know that it won’t last, and be with it.
You’ll probably also face confusion and regret for having come all the way to Jamaica for “this…” just know that it won’t last either, and be with it. Just trust.
Don’t try to change, understand, fix or interact with your own feelings during your sessions. They just want to get stuck with them to keep going. Just let them be.
If it’s possible, don’t socialize or try to fix someone else during sessions, unless you’re moved by that “love that doesn’t have opposites,” and in that case, you will exactly know what to do or say.
Try not to mix alcohol or other substances before or during your trips. Be as present as you can.
Your inner being knows what I mean within these lines.
ONE LOVE…
Marcello.

Date of experience: November 2019
7  Thank MarcelloCicchini
ljubsify, Business Director at MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2020

Hey Marcello,

From the MycoMeditations Team, we all really appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with us. You are an amazing individual, and we are happy that we were able to have the pleasure of hosting you.

Thank you for providing insight into your journey, and take care!

Reviewed November 13, 2019

We have been guests at Myco twice, both retreats have far exceeded expectations. My wife and I feel absolutely revitalized - individually and as a couple.
We have made life long friends.
We can’t wait to go back.
It will be the best investment in yourself you could possibly imagine.
We are both practicing physicians, and can each attest to the absolute safety of the experience.
The team is professional and kind.
The food is completely locally sourced and exquisite.
The guest houses are right on the beach, in a rural and safe local fishing village.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SUBMIT YOUR MYCO APPLICATION!!
YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

Date of experience: November 2019
3  Thank Mcquidea
ljubsify, Business Director at MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2020

Hey Andrew,

It's been great to work with you and Beth on both retreats, and we're grateful that you both got so much out of your experiences to keep coming back.

We appreciate the review!

Reviewed November 10, 2019

Going to Myco has been one of the most important things I've done in my life.

I've read most of the reviews trying to figure out what I could say that hasn't already been said. Everyone's experience is unique so I figure the best I can do is share my own thoughts.

My experience at Myco was eye opening and life changing. I'm still the same person with the same problems, habits and thought patterns. But now I have a more open mind. I don't feel so hopeless when I think about bettering myself. I've had a glimpse into a whole other world I've yet to explore.

I went to the retreat hoping to get a sense of direction in my life and maybe a feeling of assurance that might come with that. I'm not so sure yet I got what I wanted, but I got what I needed.

This is just the beginning for me. Thank you Myco!

Date of experience: October 2019
4  Thank ta3hoon

Thanks for your review!

We're happy you got what you needed, and it sounds like this is just the beginning for you. We wish you all the best in building the future you deserve.

Take care :)

Reviewed November 8, 2019

The title tries to express the experience and outcome but words fail to describe what was an enlightening and sanctifying process and experience. This was for the week but process of becoming ones authentic is ongoing. Constant growth. I learned not only a great deal about myself but especially of others. It has helped me professionally and personally and better understanding of my own and others struggles with anxiety / depression. In this life/ existence, pain is not optional but suffering is.
Please know to not come with specific expectations. It will unfold as necessary for each individual need. I’ve not used these drugs before though leery at first but felt safe under the caring staff as well as Lolo the pet dog!
I now know the connection to authentic self is there ...for all of us...just needed this reminder.
Thanks to Eric and all staff.

Date of experience: September 2019
3  Thank ann c

Hi Ann!

Rediscovering our authentic selves is what it all seems to be about in this life. Thank you for sharing, and we're happy you had such a productive retreat :)

The MycoMeditations Team

Reviewed November 6, 2019

Having never had any experience with drugs before I took on this retreat with some trepidation but with an open mind and in the hope it would help with my long term depression. I need not have had any fear! The facilitators are very experienced and very caring and the whole retreat is run in a very professional manner. I felt completely safe in their hands and safe to let myself go with the psilocybin. I had little reaction with the first two sessions but for the third the facilitators helped me and it opened up deep emotions. I can see there is more there and I will most likely go back again once I have processed all that happened.

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank PeterJG3016

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing your review, and we're glad that you were able to get the break through you needed on Dose 3. We'd be glad to have you back someday!