MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Wonderful!

One month after leaving April 2-9 classic retreat, my life continues to be transformed for the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
frankvA5121FQ
Life Changing

You need to come here. People who have spent a lifetime in therapy or on various forms of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
chada1
Deerfield, Illinois
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience my entire life blue marlin personal growth felt completely safe his team didn t know week long retreat far exceeded my expectations words fail each guest plant medicine beyond words group members long term
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

This retreat was akin to doing a lifetime of therapy in one week. Using psilocybin in a setting that is caring and very supportive has been more therapeutic for me than my 30+ years of being in therapy and on medication for anxiety and depression. Now my goal is to find a therapist closer to my home in NY who has access to this wonderful tool. Then I can wean myself off these meds. My hope is that they will legalize psilocybin for practitioners in the not-too-distant future. Until then, I plan on returning to Jamaica, which is also pretty spectacular!

3  Thank Maps553665
ljubsify, Business Director at MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2020

Thanks for sharing a review, and most importantly...we're delighted you were able to have such a valuable, therapeutic experience with us!

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I’ve been a few psychedelic retreats. I thought Mycomeditations was my favorite by far. A big negative first; the price is damn high compared to some other places, but you will know where your money went once you get past sticker shock and start the retreat.

A great distinction with this retreat is the quality of the facilitators. Yes, most facilitators at retreats are warm and nice and believe what they are doing. But the quality of Myco staff is 1-3 levels above most other places. A large portion of the facilitators are experienced therapists and have seen it all and know how to create a welcoming atmosphere for all types of people. I am retired military and had concerns about not fitting in at “some hippie mushroom retreat.” However, the staff really creates a perfect atmosphere to feel comfortable and safe and develop into a better person with the help of psilocybin. The integration meetings and one on one chats are an integral part of the process here and you can tell that these people know what they are doing ever step of the way.

I also appreciate the ecumenical nature of this retreat. All types of people from all walks of life can come here with their different belief systems. At Myco meditations, you are not pressured or told to believe in plant spirits, or snake gods, etc...which is a welcome difference from some of the shamanic traditions. Also, some of the visions and experiences you have are very meaningful but can be difficult to interpret at the surface level. I’m glad that the staff and you are the ultimate interpreters and judges and no shaman or anybody else is going to read the tea leaves of the universe to tell me what I’m supposed to take away from happens here.

I would recommend this place to my Mom or anyone else interested in being a better person.

2  Thank RaoulStark

Thank you Raoul, we're happy you felt that MycoMeditations met your expectations, and we deeply appreciate your recommendation.

Take care,

The Myco Team

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to explore psilocybin with supportive facilitators. This was the perfect environment for personal growth, connection with fellow participants, and our kind Jamaican staff. The stunning beauty of nature was all around us, and the ocean beckoned just outside a gate.

1  Thank birdiejeanne

It makes us happy to hear you felt so good about the environment, our staff, and your fellow participants!

Thank you for the review...much love!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

I spent the week prior to xmas recently and I want to write about the setting, the staff and the dosing. All of this is done with planning and great care, there is a lot of pre-anxiety for most guests but the staff is so professional in how they handle the process that you don’t feel left behind, supported by this are some of the local Jamaican people who also provide support staff and hospitality that also allows you to immerse yourself into the wonderful SW part of Jamaica, (granted the mosquitoes can be a nuisance at night, just bring some repellent and you will be fine). The take away is one of support, a opportunity to change from the past and the mycellium has a natural way to do this. I hope others will give this retreat a shot, its quite a different setting than doing therapy in an office..

1  Thank mtn2seas

Thank you, and we're glad to hear you had such a positive experience with the Myco staff. Take care!

Reviewed December 12, 2019

Most life-changing week of my life. Led by brilliantly experienced professionals, with safety a reassuring top priority. Hard to imagine that there is anyone else in their league.

1  Thank tip1941

We appreciate it. Thank you!