MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Best experience of my life

For 30 years I have dealt with depression and anxiety. In the last 4 years, at times, it has been... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Cruiser595678
via mobile
Wonderful therapists at Mycomeditations

I have been a little hesitant to write a review regarding my stay at Mycomeditations, but I feel I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
208cathyn

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
All reviews life changing experience mental health profound experience blue marlin group setting support staff plant medicine meditation practice group sessions other guests supportive environment magic mushroom personal growth my entire life personal journey week long retreat rainbow tree
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2020

MycoMeditations is a wonderful retreat that can bring about life changing results. This amazing experience is a gift from pioneers who give up the creature comforts of home, give up family and friends in order to help heal others. You can read in the many reviews how inspiring each person is that is a part of this sanctuary. They are knowledgeable and giving and ask for nothing in return. They know how to use the tools the earth gives to us freely to heal ourselves and they have built a loving community in order to share this knowledge with the world.

I went into this retreat believing I needed to change in order to make other people happy. I was carrying around a profound sadness about what might happen to other people and it made me unhappy and anxious.

During the first two group therapy and dosing sessions I was able to break down what was causing me to be stuck in a cycle of judgment and paranoia. I looked at my childhood and uncovered both the good and bad memories. Everyone in Jamaica was extremely supportive and helped me see things clearly. I had to accept the past as it was and let go of my pain. I had to look forward and let life unfold as it should.

I was prepared and determined for the third session to be a breakthrough. There were definitely some difficult moments but the facilitators checked in with me constantly and I was ready to let it go. It felt safe and freeing to open up. I reached as far inside as I could and blasted out the negative thoughts and feelings. When it was over I had shed a lifetime of guilt, pain and anxiety. There was a lot of love and support all around.

Two weeks later I feel stronger and better than ever. I am extremely grateful for this experience and I am committed to seeing the glass half full. My family comments daily that they can see/hear the positive change in me. I needed to heal myself so I could be happy and now I can share my happiness with others.

My deepest gratitude to these entrepreneurs that have created an incredible journey to help improve lives. Jamaica is a perfect setting and the people are wonderful. It is time for us all to be free from our pain so we can accept the love we deserve. MycoMeditations helped me achieve this goal and I am forever grateful!

Date of experience: August 2020
3  Thank AMGisme
Reviewed August 7, 2020

This retreat was hands down the best experience of my entire life !!! I felt like I was drowning and this place and all of the people helped to breathe life into me . I had been to many retreats , facilities, therapists, meds for a myriad of issues through the years . I had made some progress prior, but knew I needed more and couldn’t figure out a way to breakthrough .

I had researched this facility and it’s facilitators in depth before attending . I compared international options , micro vs macro dosing , clinical studies , and client to facilitator ratios . My bar for greatness was high , considering all of the years of prior work . This place was hands down the best one I have ever attended. Eric and Justin , the main facilitators were exceptional . Denise , Nikki , and Shanika , were equally incredible . Each one had a different piece of the puzzle . The way that the medicine worked in tandem with the organic flow of the process was perfection !!!!

The people behind the scenes , Courtney , Abbie, and Athena worked brutally hard to pull this off behind the scenes, especially given the Covid restrictions . I am in awe of how hard this entire organization worked before , during, and after . They genuinely care and it shows . The property and staff were incredible. Each staff member felt like a member of my own family . Every single thing or request I had was granted . The accommodations were beautiful, and the food was incredible .

I feel so clear now . I even extended my stay that’s how incredible this was !!! I wanted to release as much as I could so I can heal . The facility has also been in contact since I left to assist with integration . This is an ongoing process . I truly believe if you are considering this, you are ready to change , you will be in awe of the beautiful splendor of this facility , the medicine , the process , and what each member of the team has to offer . I am forever grateful these people and this facility were here to create such an incredible experience .

The group members who attended each played such a role in the process . It’s as if each of us needed to see parts of ourselves in each other , and each person helped me heal a part of myself . Words can’t express my gratitude for this facility , all members , as well as all the participants . My life thank god will never be the same . I am excited for the first time in awhile for what the future holds. The possibilities are endless !!!!

4  Thank 6457R
Reviewed August 6, 2020

I went to Myco with my daughter who had been suffering with depression and anxiety for years. We had tried everything imaginable to help her: various treatment centers, mental hospitals, CBT, DBT, hypnosis, acupuncture and an assortment of medications. None of which seemed to help. Mycomeditations saved her life.
I am so overwhelmed with shift I see in her that it is difficult to find words to adequately describe how beautifully profound it is.
The main facilitators Justine, Eric, and Denise are incredibly kind, endlessly compassionate and deeply wise. I watched as they reached out and worked with each of us, knowing (without being told) exactly what each needed as we worked our way through and shed years of pain, grief and anger. Never once did they offer anything but the most compassionate response, sometimes mixed with just the right amount of humor or lightheartedness.
The location is beautiful, situated right on the beach. The food fresh and delicious and plentiful. The rooms are tasteful and comfortable. The villa staff, everyone from the cooks to the groundskeeper are sweet, solicitous and always wanting to help. I commented while I was there that I felt like I was in "Make a Wish Land" because everyone was so eager to help that it seemed as if as soon as I had a thought whatever I wanted would appear.
I went as a support for my daughter and received so much for myself. I feel lighter, happier and like a heavy burden has been lifted. I will definitely return with my daughter, it is the kind of experience you can never get enough of.
I will always be so grateful for the gifts we were given by Mycomeditations.

3  Thank 345doloresc
Reviewed August 5, 2020

I just returned from an amazing experience at MycoMeditations. I’ve been on a few different psychedelic retreats over the past few years (in Costa Rica and the Netherlands) but MycoMeditations was by far the best experience I’ve ever had. I signed up for a week but was having such a transformational experience that I decided to stay for 10 days. Three others on the retreat extended their stays as well for the same reason, and we all are planning to return. I am already thinking about when I can return, and I plan to bring friends and family. The personal growth that happens here is something I want for the people in my life who I love.

One of the things that's really great about MycoMeditations is the opportunity to do multiple dosing sessions over the course of the retreat. Eric and Justin (the two lead facilitators I worked with) both have a great deal of experience with the medication and I trusted their judgment in determining the dosage. My dose was adjusted over the course of the retreat to maximize the therapeutic effects. They listened to and considered my past experiences with ayahuasca and psilocybin, and I felt like I got exactly the right dose that I needed for each session.

To describe what I got out of the sessions is hard to do because it was so transformational. After each session I came away with some incredible insights into the ways that I have been holding myself back for my entire adult life. Some of the insights I knew (but hadn’t been able to move on from), and others were mostly not in my conscious thoughts. What psilocybin helped me to do was to shift my way of thinking about some of these things as well as understand and feel how some painful parts of my personal history have been stored in my body and how to let them go for good. I feel today tremendously optimistic about moving forward with more freedom and joy in the future.

Another aspect of MycoMeditations that I found to be very helpful was that it was somewhat less structured than some of the other retreats I've been on. Other retreats have been designed as more of a solo experience, where people may lie in a circle on mats, but are not encouraged to interact with each other. At MycoMeditations, there are more options. Some people chose to wear eye masks and sit by themselves for the entire psilocybin trip, while others chose to have conversations with the other guests during parts of the trip. I did both, and both were helpful and encouraged. One of the most intense and memorable trip experiences happened when I was with another guest who was verbalizing some of the pain and anger from episodes in her life. I listened at first, but after a while I started to verbalize some of my own painful memories in a way that I never would have done in a more highly structured environment where everyone tripped on their own. Observing her expressing her pain enabled me to verbalize my own in a way that was so incredibly freeing. Also, the client to staff ratio was such that it was often possible to talk with the facilitators for hours at a time during and after the psilocybin trip. In my experience, this was something unique to MycoMeditations.

If you are looking for something that is very highly structured where all interactions and activities are strictly supervised and controlled, you may be disappointed. It is more of an organic, open, and free environment at MycoMeditations, where people are provided with professional guidance and medicine that they can use to heal and grow. Of course, no one can do that for you.

As in every trip experience I had while at MycoMeditations, the staff were professional and provided outstanding supervision and all the expert guidance that were necessary. Eric and Justin are not only highly professional, but amazing and incredibly caring individuals who are doing this for all the right reasons. Denise was also an angel.

The retreat I attended was the first post-Covid retreat and I’m so grateful that it happened. The incredible staff worked very hard to get us to Jamaica, and worked hard to comply with all health regulations from the Jamaican Ministry of Health that needed to be followed (e.g., no shared room unless traveling with someone). Courtney and Abbie were always available and immediately responsive to any requests or concerns. I mentioned that I wanted to stay longer, and a short time later Courtney gave me some options on how I could do that. On Sunday evening my air conditioner stopped working, and within an hour Abbie had me set up in another room that was even nicer than the one that I was in. The kitchen staff were great and all the meals were awesome. All staff were very responsive, responsible, always available, and highly caring.

The whole group experience of the retreat was fantastic and I met some amazing people. One participant was a bit unhinged and probably managed to slip by the screening procedures because she had never pursued conventional medicines for her mental health issues. The MycoMeditations staff decided that the retreat was inappropriate for her and let her know that she could not continue. It was a difficult situation that was handled appropriately by the staff.

In summary, the MycoMeditations staff motivations are pure – to help people improve their lives and make available the incredible healing potential of psilocybin to those seeking personal growth in a beautiful resort environment.

If you are for any reason on the fence, you owe it to yourself to give yourself this beautiful healing experience of a lifetime.

2  Thank neepy63
Reviewed August 5, 2020

I am 19 and I've been struggling with depression, anxiety, an eating disorder, self harm, and suicidal thoughts for almost 5 years. I've been to many hospitals and treatment centers that didn't help. But MycoMeditations saved my life. Weeks before I went, I couldn't stop thinking about how hopeless I was. I thought about suicide every day. I just got back from Myco yesterday, and I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life. While I was there, the mushrooms helped me release all the painful energy inside me and now I am ready to be who I truly am. It was honestly the best experience of my entire life, and I even want to work at Myco one day. I discovered who a really am. I went from the depressed kid to the warrior and healer that I really am. I went with my mom and our relationship is so much better than it was before. I discovered just how much I love her. Also, All of the staff are beautiful amazing people, and they truly care about everyone that comes. I am infinitely grateful to everyone there. I believe that whatever struggles you have whether its a mental disorder, addiction, or anything else, MycoMeditations can help you deeply, and change your life, like it changed mine.

3  Thank 569christianac