MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing Experience

I have been to MycoMediaitions twice - in February 2023 and April 2024. Both times were in the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Greg G
Best experience of my life

For 30 years I have dealt with depression and anxiety. In the last 4 years, at times, it has been... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Cruiser595678
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
All reviews life changing experience mental health profound experience blue marlin group setting support staff plant medicine meditation practice group sessions other guests supportive environment magic mushroom personal growth my entire life personal journey week long retreat rainbow tree
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2020

This was the most profoundly healing experience of my life! The staff was extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and personable. Not to mention that the accommodations were lovely and the food delicious! We were footsteps from a gorgeous beach, which was an added bonus

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank raginael2020
Reviewed August 30, 2020

In part because of COVID-19 and in part my own trepidation, it was a full year between when I first heard of MycoMeditations and wanted to go, and when I actually set foot on Treasure Beach. Which is to say that months of thinking about and looking forward to the retreat had shot my expectations sky-high. Two weeks after being back, I can honestly say that while the experience was was a profoundly mysterious, awe-inspiring, and perspective-changing week.

First, a few words about the accommodations and environment: Even without the mushrooms, it would have been a worthwhile retreat/”vacation." The property was beautiful, the food was delicious and healthy, and Treasure Beach was indeed a treasure. I did the classic retreat and while the room was nothing fancy, it was clean, comfortable, and air-conditioned. Doreen, the property owner and host, was very kind and attentive, and when I mentioned having some trouble with my pillow (I’m a fussy sleeper), she made sure I have a better one the following night.

I appreciated the structure of the week: three dosing days, interspersed with integration days when we got to process our experiences at length so that holding on to the lessons of the trips was more possible. Denise, Justin, and Nikesha were the three facilitators on my retreat, and I could not have asked for better guides. All of them were very available throughout the week, and I especially appreciated that they ate meals with the guests and welcomed all sorts of questions and curiosities. Justin has a wide breadth of knowledge about all things psilocybin and psychology adjacent, and was immensely helpful in both preparing us, and helping us process and make sense of our unique trip experiences. As a clinical psychologist, I know a good therapist when I see one, and Denise is incredible at her craft. Wise, patient, humble and funny, in the course of the week, she came to be my therapist role-model. She was a big part of my trips, and I am so grateful for her patience and the lesson she taught me about surrender. Nikesha radiates warmth and kindness, and was a stabilizing presence during our trips (both the psychedelic variety, and the trip from the airport to St. Elizabeth). She’s a special person. As a team, they struck the fine balance between warm/personable, and well-boundaried/professional.

As for the dosing sessions themselves, there’s really no way to capture the magical, mysterious, at-times-terrifying and indescribably beautiful quality of the trip-space, so I’ll limit it to some of my main takeaways from the week (lessons that I learned in a deeply felt (and not merely “cognitive”) way): that my life is unfolding in a perfectly and exquisitely-timed way, that nature (including the mushroom) is extremely intelligent (way more intelligent than my language-driven mind, but good!), that duality is an illusion, that much of the pain I carry from relationships with my family is the result of misunderstanding (and so, forgiveable), that my purpose in life is to show people how absurd existence is (!), that we’re all in this together, and that once I stop resisting all sorts of internal experiences that I don’t want—once I surrender to life as it is—living just becomes so much easier. So, you know, no small feat for one week.

In all, it was a very meaningful week and I look forward to going back.

Date of experience: August 2020
3  Thank Shahrzad310
Reviewed August 30, 2020

MycoMeditations is a wonderful retreat that can bring about life changing results. This amazing experience is a gift from pioneers who give up the creature comforts of home, give up family and friends in order to help heal others. You can read in the many reviews how inspiring each person is that is a part of this sanctuary. They are knowledgeable and giving and ask for nothing in return. They know how to use the tools the earth gives to us freely to heal ourselves and they have built a loving community in order to share this knowledge with the world.

I went into this retreat believing I needed to change in order to make other people happy. I was carrying around a profound sadness about what might happen to other people and it made me unhappy and anxious.

During the first two group therapy and dosing sessions I was able to break down what was causing me to be stuck in a cycle of judgment and paranoia. I looked at my childhood and uncovered both the good and bad memories. Everyone in Jamaica was extremely supportive and helped me see things clearly. I had to accept the past as it was and let go of my pain. I had to look forward and let life unfold as it should.

I was prepared and determined for the third session to be a breakthrough. There were definitely some difficult moments but the facilitators checked in with me constantly and I was ready to let it go. It felt safe and freeing to open up. I reached as far inside as I could and blasted out the negative thoughts and feelings. When it was over I had shed a lifetime of guilt, pain and anxiety. There was a lot of love and support all around.

Two weeks later I feel stronger and better than ever. I am extremely grateful for this experience and I am committed to seeing the glass half full. My family comments daily that they can see/hear the positive change in me. I needed to heal myself so I could be happy and now I can share my happiness with others.

My deepest gratitude to these entrepreneurs that have created an incredible journey to help improve lives. Jamaica is a perfect setting and the people are wonderful. It is time for us all to be free from our pain so we can accept the love we deserve. MycoMeditations helped me achieve this goal and I am forever grateful!

Date of experience: August 2020
3  Thank AMGisme
Reviewed August 7, 2020

This retreat was hands down the best experience of my entire life !!! I felt like I was drowning and this place and all of the people helped to breathe life into me . I had been to many retreats , facilities, therapists, meds for a myriad of issues through the years . I had made some progress prior, but knew I needed more and couldn’t figure out a way to breakthrough .

I had researched this facility and it’s facilitators in depth before attending . I compared international options , micro vs macro dosing , clinical studies , and client to facilitator ratios . My bar for greatness was high , considering all of the years of prior work . This place was hands down the best one I have ever attended. Eric and Justin , the main facilitators were exceptional . Denise , Nikki , and Shanika , were equally incredible . Each one had a different piece of the puzzle . The way that the medicine worked in tandem with the organic flow of the process was perfection !!!!

The people behind the scenes , Courtney , Abbie, and Athena worked brutally hard to pull this off behind the scenes, especially given the Covid restrictions . I am in awe of how hard this entire organization worked before , during, and after . They genuinely care and it shows . The property and staff were incredible. Each staff member felt like a member of my own family . Every single thing or request I had was granted . The accommodations were beautiful, and the food was incredible .

I feel so clear now . I even extended my stay that’s how incredible this was !!! I wanted to release as much as I could so I can heal . The facility has also been in contact since I left to assist with integration . This is an ongoing process . I truly believe if you are considering this, you are ready to change , you will be in awe of the beautiful splendor of this facility , the medicine , the process , and what each member of the team has to offer . I am forever grateful these people and this facility were here to create such an incredible experience .

The group members who attended each played such a role in the process . It’s as if each of us needed to see parts of ourselves in each other , and each person helped me heal a part of myself . Words can’t express my gratitude for this facility , all members , as well as all the participants . My life thank god will never be the same . I am excited for the first time in awhile for what the future holds. The possibilities are endless !!!!

Date of experience: July 2020
4  Thank 6457R
Reviewed August 6, 2020

I went to Myco with my daughter who had been suffering with depression and anxiety for years. We had tried everything imaginable to help her: various treatment centers, mental hospitals, CBT, DBT, hypnosis, acupuncture and an assortment of medications. None of which seemed to help. Mycomeditations saved her life.
I am so overwhelmed with shift I see in her that it is difficult to find words to adequately describe how beautifully profound it is.
The main facilitators Justine, Eric, and Denise are incredibly kind, endlessly compassionate and deeply wise. I watched as they reached out and worked with each of us, knowing (without being told) exactly what each needed as we worked our way through and shed years of pain, grief and anger. Never once did they offer anything but the most compassionate response, sometimes mixed with just the right amount of humor or lightheartedness.
The location is beautiful, situated right on the beach. The food fresh and delicious and plentiful. The rooms are tasteful and comfortable. The villa staff, everyone from the cooks to the groundskeeper are sweet, solicitous and always wanting to help. I commented while I was there that I felt like I was in "Make a Wish Land" because everyone was so eager to help that it seemed as if as soon as I had a thought whatever I wanted would appear.
I went as a support for my daughter and received so much for myself. I feel lighter, happier and like a heavy burden has been lifted. I will definitely return with my daughter, it is the kind of experience you can never get enough of.
I will always be so grateful for the gifts we were given by Mycomeditations.

Date of experience: July 2020