MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing Experience

I have been to MycoMediaitions twice - in February 2023 and April 2024. Both times were in the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Greg G
Best experience of my life

For 30 years I have dealt with depression and anxiety. In the last 4 years, at times, it has been... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Cruiser595678
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
All reviews life changing experience mental health profound experience blue marlin group setting support staff plant medicine meditation practice group sessions other guests supportive environment magic mushroom personal growth my entire life personal journey week long retreat rainbow tree
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2020

I went on this journey not knowing what I was going to find. After a week long journey into the corners of the mind, I left feeling like a new person. As far as the accommodations, they were great with the place being right on the beach. Never had a bad meal while there.

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank TVP615
Reviewed September 16, 2020

There's just no way to prepare for this experience. I went looking for some healing and maybe some wisdom. What I got was a beautiful mushroom trip giving me helpful insights into my current relationships. I also got the angriest day of my life. I had no idea there was so much hate inside of me. If you are open to that sort of experience, go for it!

I admit that I was disappointed in my accommodations. The photos on the website show the pretty rooms. I went to the Classic Retreat which included many wonderful experiences. But a lovely room wasn't one of them. So perhaps the website could be a bit truthier regarding that.

The website also left out what I consider to be the best of the retreat. You are outdoors most of the time, hearing the wind and the ocean waves continually, with very little of the noise pollution we in the US can't escape. The only mechanical sounds I was aware of were the occasional small motorcycles.

The scenery was gorgeous! including the windmills on the mountains which supply the electricity for that part of Jamaica. The ocean is steps away. Wait!!!! Those aren't rocks. Those are fossils!!! There are seabed fossils everywhere; coral, shells, sand dollars. I was astounded!

You can see the night sky! The night sky which includes stars and planets, the Milky-way and shooting stars. You can't get this in most parts of the US.

The staff is incredible. This isn't their job. This is their calling. They love you. They care. They stay in touch with you after the retreat.

The families that live nearby are adorable, authentic, astoundingly respectful. They made me want to be more like them, taking joy in the earth and each other, living simply, eating healthy. Don't worry. Be happy.

Sadly, I still have problems, worries and tears. Life is largely the same. I'd do it again though. Tomorrow would not be too soon.

2  Thank kimpZ1449YS
Reviewed September 15, 2020

This was the most profoundly healing experience of my life! The staff was extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and personable. Not to mention that the accommodations were lovely and the food delicious! We were footsteps from a gorgeous beach, which was an added bonus

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank raginael2020
Reviewed August 30, 2020

In part because of COVID-19 and in part my own trepidation, it was a full year between when I first heard of MycoMeditations and wanted to go, and when I actually set foot on Treasure Beach. Which is to say that months of thinking about and looking forward to the retreat had shot my expectations sky-high. Two weeks after being back, I can honestly say that while the experience was was a profoundly mysterious, awe-inspiring, and perspective-changing week.

First, a few words about the accommodations and environment: Even without the mushrooms, it would have been a worthwhile retreat/”vacation." The property was beautiful, the food was delicious and healthy, and Treasure Beach was indeed a treasure. I did the classic retreat and while the room was nothing fancy, it was clean, comfortable, and air-conditioned. Doreen, the property owner and host, was very kind and attentive, and when I mentioned having some trouble with my pillow (I’m a fussy sleeper), she made sure I have a better one the following night.

I appreciated the structure of the week: three dosing days, interspersed with integration days when we got to process our experiences at length so that holding on to the lessons of the trips was more possible. Denise, Justin, and Nikesha were the three facilitators on my retreat, and I could not have asked for better guides. All of them were very available throughout the week, and I especially appreciated that they ate meals with the guests and welcomed all sorts of questions and curiosities. Justin has a wide breadth of knowledge about all things psilocybin and psychology adjacent, and was immensely helpful in both preparing us, and helping us process and make sense of our unique trip experiences. As a clinical psychologist, I know a good therapist when I see one, and Denise is incredible at her craft. Wise, patient, humble and funny, in the course of the week, she came to be my therapist role-model. She was a big part of my trips, and I am so grateful for her patience and the lesson she taught me about surrender. Nikesha radiates warmth and kindness, and was a stabilizing presence during our trips (both the psychedelic variety, and the trip from the airport to St. Elizabeth). She’s a special person. As a team, they struck the fine balance between warm/personable, and well-boundaried/professional.

As for the dosing sessions themselves, there’s really no way to capture the magical, mysterious, at-times-terrifying and indescribably beautiful quality of the trip-space, so I’ll limit it to some of my main takeaways from the week (lessons that I learned in a deeply felt (and not merely “cognitive”) way): that my life is unfolding in a perfectly and exquisitely-timed way, that nature (including the mushroom) is extremely intelligent (way more intelligent than my language-driven mind, but good!), that duality is an illusion, that much of the pain I carry from relationships with my family is the result of misunderstanding (and so, forgiveable), that my purpose in life is to show people how absurd existence is (!), that we’re all in this together, and that once I stop resisting all sorts of internal experiences that I don’t want—once I surrender to life as it is—living just becomes so much easier. So, you know, no small feat for one week.

In all, it was a very meaningful week and I look forward to going back.

3  Thank Shahrzad310
Reviewed August 30, 2020

MycoMeditations is a wonderful retreat that can bring about life changing results. This amazing experience is a gift from pioneers who give up the creature comforts of home, give up family and friends in order to help heal others. You can read in the many reviews how inspiring each person is that is a part of this sanctuary. They are knowledgeable and giving and ask for nothing in return. They know how to use the tools the earth gives to us freely to heal ourselves and they have built a loving community in order to share this knowledge with the world.

I went into this retreat believing I needed to change in order to make other people happy. I was carrying around a profound sadness about what might happen to other people and it made me unhappy and anxious.

During the first two group therapy and dosing sessions I was able to break down what was causing me to be stuck in a cycle of judgment and paranoia. I looked at my childhood and uncovered both the good and bad memories. Everyone in Jamaica was extremely supportive and helped me see things clearly. I had to accept the past as it was and let go of my pain. I had to look forward and let life unfold as it should.

I was prepared and determined for the third session to be a breakthrough. There were definitely some difficult moments but the facilitators checked in with me constantly and I was ready to let it go. It felt safe and freeing to open up. I reached as far inside as I could and blasted out the negative thoughts and feelings. When it was over I had shed a lifetime of guilt, pain and anxiety. There was a lot of love and support all around.

Two weeks later I feel stronger and better than ever. I am extremely grateful for this experience and I am committed to seeing the glass half full. My family comments daily that they can see/hear the positive change in me. I needed to heal myself so I could be happy and now I can share my happiness with others.

My deepest gratitude to these entrepreneurs that have created an incredible journey to help improve lives. Jamaica is a perfect setting and the people are wonderful. It is time for us all to be free from our pain so we can accept the love we deserve. MycoMeditations helped me achieve this goal and I am forever grateful!

3  Thank AMGisme