MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2020

What an amazing experience! I went for the 7 day retreat recently and wouldn't have changed a thing. The self exploration and support they provide is life changing. I deal with depression, anxiety, and alcoholism and antidepressants aren't effective. The treatments definitely helped me deal with some issues. These people care about what they do and are passionate. I plan on going back in the next year or two. Would highly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2020
2  Thank BlakeWillhite4
Reviewed September 28, 2020

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank the team of MycoMeditations for creating the ultimate safe haven to HEAL...The importance of set and setting cannot be stressed enough, nor could I have imagined having my first experience with psychedelics being anywhere than the atmosphere the team has managed to create. I was anxious to travel during the pandemic, but I was extremely desperate to heal and I could no longer wait--I am beyond glad I didn't. What happened in a course of a week was truly more than I ever could or ever got from 45-60 min weekly therapy sessions combined with conventional medicine which never reached the root cause of my traumas and fears that my soul, body, and mind have painfully carried for years. From the beautiful Zen-like scenery of rural Jamaica, the welcoming warm smiles of the staff, the mouthwatering food tailored to your diet, to the abundance of knowledge, trust, and respect the facilitators have for the mushrooms, I experienced the ultimate indescribable catharsis of my entire life to date. It has only been a couple of days since I left the Myco oasis, yet so many miracle-like things have changed within me I can only attribute the psilocybin experience. There is a lot more I can say, but I promise to whoever that stumbles upon my review that words are simply not enough to express the newfound faith and respect I have for psilocybin and its impact on me, however, it is definite you can entrust such a powerful and personal journey of introspection and healing to MycoMeditations; filled with compassion, empathy, and love, their team will be there to help you from start to finish as you navigate the waves of this ancient medicine as you are right now, how you will be during, and finally--proudly--see you off for the work you have done when you reach the bittersweet last day. I definitely and happily look forward to return someday... it was so life-saving worth it.

3  Thank riveroac
Reviewed September 17, 2020

I went on this journey not knowing what I was going to find. After a week long journey into the corners of the mind, I left feeling like a new person. As far as the accommodations, they were great with the place being right on the beach. Never had a bad meal while there.

2  Thank TVP615
Reviewed September 16, 2020

There's just no way to prepare for this experience. I went looking for some healing and maybe some wisdom. What I got was a beautiful mushroom trip giving me helpful insights into my current relationships. I also got the angriest day of my life. I had no idea there was so much hate inside of me. If you are open to that sort of experience, go for it!

I admit that I was disappointed in my accommodations. The photos on the website show the pretty rooms. I went to the Classic Retreat which included many wonderful experiences. But a lovely room wasn't one of them. So perhaps the website could be a bit truthier regarding that.

The website also left out what I consider to be the best of the retreat. You are outdoors most of the time, hearing the wind and the ocean waves continually, with very little of the noise pollution we in the US can't escape. The only mechanical sounds I was aware of were the occasional small motorcycles.

The scenery was gorgeous! including the windmills on the mountains which supply the electricity for that part of Jamaica. The ocean is steps away. Wait!!!! Those aren't rocks. Those are fossils!!! There are seabed fossils everywhere; coral, shells, sand dollars. I was astounded!

You can see the night sky! The night sky which includes stars and planets, the Milky-way and shooting stars. You can't get this in most parts of the US.

The staff is incredible. This isn't their job. This is their calling. They love you. They care. They stay in touch with you after the retreat.

The families that live nearby are adorable, authentic, astoundingly respectful. They made me want to be more like them, taking joy in the earth and each other, living simply, eating healthy. Don't worry. Be happy.

Sadly, I still have problems, worries and tears. Life is largely the same. I'd do it again though. Tomorrow would not be too soon.

Date of experience: August 2020
2  Thank kimpZ1449YS
Reviewed September 15, 2020

This was the most profoundly healing experience of my life! The staff was extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and personable. Not to mention that the accommodations were lovely and the food delicious! We were footsteps from a gorgeous beach, which was an added bonus

1  Thank raginael2020