MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2020

I visited MycoMeditations because for the past decade I have had trouble with my sleep thanks to a form of PTSD caused by pressures I had put on myself in the past. I was hoping that Myco could help me reset myself and wash away some of the embedded fears and anxieties I had accumulated through life. But Myco easily exceeded my expectations and gave me so much more insight into myself, which I had not been expecting. These new insights make me feel that I can move forward in a much more optimistic fashion and realise the positivity that I had within myself but which had become buried by negative thinking and the wrong priorities.

Although the psilocybin is a vital part of the experience I must emphasise the importance of the whole package that Myco have carefully crafted to ensure that the psilocybin treatment has the greatest chance of doing the greatest amount of good. The staff are wonderfully caring and every detail of the retreat is designed to reinforce a positive, healing process. Without the group discussions and integration and the meditation I am sure the experience would not have made the great difference it did. The setting in Jamaica was also the perfect place for such a healing experience.

A big thank you to all the staff, who really care and have a deep understanding of how working with psilocybin can change lives for the better.

Reviewed November 24, 2020

I first came to MycoMeditations in Jamaica exactly one year ago. I have now just returned from my second trip, and while I never thought an experience could be more enriching than my maiden voyage, I was wrong.

Many of these reviews focus on the life changing work that happens within the individual from a psilocybin experience. That is real and I can attest that on the other side of now six doses under the care of the facilitating team at MycoMeditations, my life is different and vastly improved with each trip. But let’s assume that if you’ve made it this far to reading reviews, you’re already convinced of the power of this plant medicine and you’re now exploring safe options to experience it — so let me focus on why this is the only place for me. I’ll tell you about three main factors, in order of impact and importance to me personally:

The Humans. I cannot overstate the importance of being under the care of a qualified, caring team when undergoing deep psychedelic experiences. This team brings a wealth of experience, both from psychological and psychedelic realms, as well as from the hospitality and operations aspects that largely impact the overall journey. In my week there, this human love and support is all inclusive: of course, during the facilitation of doses, but in integration, in 1 on 1 conversations, in joining us for every meal and continuing to help unpack the the depth and richness of what was experienced inside the trips for weeks following our time together. As their management team continues to evolve, so does the level of care and professionalism associated with the entire experience. The plant medicine is important — but believe me when I tell you the humans that deliver the medicine and walk you home are more important and there is no place I’ve ever felt more looked after than with this team.

The Format. In choosing the right retreat for me, format was of particular importance, so I’ll share why this one works for me. If you are new to this space, as I was, it is impossible to know what the “right” working dose is — it is not as simple as body size and chemical history. Many factors play into how much of the mushroom works to bring on relative experiences. I’ve seen men twice my size go to much deeper places on half the doses I’m working with. For this reason, it was critical for me to choose a program that gave multiple experiences within one retreat — so that I can start slowly on the first dose, see how I reacted to it, unpack that experience then have two more doses to go from there. Participants work with facilitators to determine their doses across the week — some climb up with each subsequent trip, while others choose to peak in the middle dose and come down for a lighter experience the last dosing day. This flexibility alleviates the pressure of a “one and done” experience that I saw when shopping comparable programs. This combined with long, detailed group integration sessions the day after each dosing day make for a beautiful, intense week. It’s important to understand that — this isn’t a week at a spa. It won’t always be easy. But the you that emerges on the other side will be different than the you that showed up on day one.

The Location. I have now visited two of the three locations / levels of service provided by MycoMeditations (Concierge and Comfort). Both were perfect, in serene, safe, rural and private locations in Jamaica. The food prepared lovingly by our local hosts was excellent and the precise type of comfort food you’d want at a time like this. And the backdrop of this beautiful Caribbean island is perfect, year round. I will say that I’ve tried solo excursions in between my MycoMeditations experiences and it comes nowhere close to the investment I’ve made in stepping away from my day to day life here, to truly get a away and focus on myself in the hands of caring professionals.

There’s so much more to tell. I’ve come away twice now with small groups of life long friends. My heart is lighter and I feel more myself than I recall feeling. It is my hope to return to the healing waters of Treasure Beach every year or two for my Myco booster shot.

2  Thank Jessica Y
Reviewed November 15, 2020

I came to Myco because I felt there was something standing between me and my best self. I didn’t know what it was or what it even looked like. All I knew was that every time I tried to go from walking to running, I would discover that I had somehow tied my shoelaces together and would end up face-planted on the sidewalk, so to speak. I needed help, and I did not know how to ask for it -- especially since I didn’t even know what the problem was (or so I thought).

It turns out, however, that all the answers were within me all along.

Over the course of the retreat I learned that bliss is possible, that I had but an inkling of how beautiful the world is, and that we are all connected. None of this, at least for me, can be known merely by reading words on a screen like you’re doing right now. You have to feel it to get it.

You’ll know exactly where I’m coming from if you go ahead and let these wonderful people take care of you for a few days -- everyone from the beautiful ladies who showed us love through their marvelous cooking to the ex-ballerina who takes care of the business end of things to the old souls talking you through this eerie, magical realm to Michael, a groundskeeper, who told me at one point not to fear because he would be my guardian angel. He meant it too.

Over the course of the retreat more and more was revealed to me until my third and final dose of mushrooms, when I was gifted with an afternoon of utter tranquility. Next to becoming a parent, I think it was the best human beings get to feel. I was bathed in joy and I spread as much of it around as I could; others present that day told me they could feel this energy from across the garden. This is not a “high” I’ll be chasing from now on but an experience that has become part of me and that I have been blessed to share in, whether I live it again or not.

If love were a city this charming cluster of villas nestled by the Jamaican seashore would be downtown Tokyo at rush hour.

Does this all sound weird? Sure it does, if you’ve never taken this trip before, and even if you have. The wonderfully eclectic group I tripped with, my newfound sisters and brothers, included a chicken farmer from North Dakota and a Harvard-trained geneticist, and all of us had a moment where we stepped outside this experience to wonder at its sheer strangeness. But then we would be kissed by an errant sea breeze, or would receive an insightful word from one of the facilitators, or just a tender squeeze on the shoulder from one of our fellow seekers, and we were reminded to just let the moment be.

It’s important to remember that magic mushrooms are not a magic bullet. They’re a start. They bestow you with fresh eyes, but there will still be work to be done. What I do have now that I did not have before is the knowledge that true happiness is possible, that pain is fixable and that I, ultimately, can heal myself -- so long as I remain honest and humble enough to ask for help when I need it.

Come to this place if you can. I may not know you, but I know you deserve it.

2  Thank Quest91045
Reviewed November 8, 2020

The setting is perfect for such an experience , the staff were warm and welcoming. The facilitators were compassionate, patient and dedicated. Such an important role they play. I was surprised to get as much healing from the group, we all bonded and supported each other & that was unexpected. An incredible awakening experience overall!!!

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank FeerlessFran
Reviewed October 24, 2020

For my 69th birthday, my husband sent me to Jamaica to participate in the 7 day Psilocybin retreat offered by MycoMeditations. I have suffered with a major depressive disorder for decades. The mushroom experience facilitated intense personal insight and reflection, and I am happy for the first time I can remember. I returned home and am continuing to improve, and each day is better than the last. As a side note, after the first treatment, my chronic pain was gone, and after 3 weeks, it is still gone. I was not expecting that and am enjoying it immensely.

The accommodations were wonderful, safe and secure, and the food was excellent. The ocean and beach were a superb background to the retreat.

Each member of the staff was superb, I agree with another reviewer, this work their calling. I will be returning, best birthday EVER!

Date of experience: October 2020