MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing Experience

I have been to MycoMediaitions twice - in February 2023 and April 2024. Both times were in the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Greg G
Best experience of my life

For 30 years I have dealt with depression and anxiety. In the last 4 years, at times, it has been... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Cruiser595678
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
All reviews life changing experience mental health profound experience blue marlin group setting support staff plant medicine meditation practice group sessions other guests supportive environment magic mushroom personal growth my entire life personal journey week long retreat rainbow tree
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2021

After going through a traumatic birth, PTSD, Post-partum depression, 2 miscarriages, and lingering anxiety and depression- I was slowly fading away. I found Myco through my husband’s research and my experience with them has genuinely changed my life. I gained more and healed more in one week, than I ever have in years of traditional therapy and medications.

A little about the accommodations: After arriving in Jamaica, I quickly found my group and facilitators (they make everything super easy for you and give you a play-by-play of what to expect). They were kind, warm, and extremely welcoming. I booked the classic retreat. It was a 2.5 hour drive from the airport to the retreat location. (Pack Dramamine if you get car sick- it’s not highway driving). The location was perfect-just a quick walk to the most private, beautiful, peaceful beach. I went there multiple times each day. My room had all of the essentials I needed; a private bath, bedroom, and it was very quiet. It is not “high end,” but I wasn’t there for that kind of experience. I was there to heal. Delicious meals are cooked by the owners who are beyond wonderful! They welcome you and make you feel like family.

Each day included group therapy and guidance with Myco staff. I found this to be a key piece of my experience there. Everyone that works for Myco has such wonderful knowledge, wisdom, and guidance to share. Whether it is in the group sessions or 1-on-1 you will gain the most valuable insights. They are there for you, right by your side, every single step of the way during this process. I will forever treasure the Myco staff and the bonds made with fellow guests. I also gained forever friendships and the wisdom from the individuals in my group.

Dosing in this environment, along with the help of therapist and facilitators is what I found essential. They have so much experience with this medicine. You are able to let the medicine heal you, while trusting them and yourself throughout the process. I came out of this experience feeling like the weight of years of sadness has melted away. I was able to let go of grief, trauma, and sadness that has been stored inside of me for years. Therapy alone has never allowed me to do this. I am still integrating everything I’ve learned while back to my everyday grind. The guidance is still there. The staff (and my group) continues to stay in touch for support.

If you are struggling and want to find something that can truly heal you, from the inside out- book this retreat. You will not regret it. By sharing this I hope that I help one person gain the courage to visit Myco. It’s the most healing place.

Date of experience: December 2020
2  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed December 22, 2020

Leave your western ways at home. This is a therapy retreat, so your focus should not be on whether or not you have a duvet, great water pressure, or drinks. You will not be staying at a typical resort and you will have zero distractions other than a beach. With Covid being in play there may be not much to do outside of make nice with others seeking therapy. This retreat was great! Bare bones in luxury but ripe with therapy if you give in. This is a group therapy retreat, so expect to share with others and others to not share; we are human and we are all at different places in life; its part of the process.

Accommodations / Process
The accommodations, again, were just above bare bones, which is actually good. Your room has A/C, a fan, a bathroom, and is quite clean. They reminded me of staying with an old grandma. Also, like any hotel/motel/resort don't expect to be in your room much as the schedule is breakfast at 8am, group integration at 9am and dosing starts around 11am, no lunch; because you'll be out of it for 3-5 hours, then dinner. This is definitely not your party shrooms; so leave all your experience at the door! Dinner seems to be early (5pm-7pm) but when you are on shrooms time is wonky. It will feel like midnight and its only 6pm lol. On none dose days you have 8am breakfast, group therapy, lunch, then you are free with some activities thrown in, then dinner.

In my group of 7 strangers, which I think 7-8 guest is the perfect size for this type of process. Most of our therapy came with talking with and supporting each other. We became family real fast; it was the only way to give in to the mushrooms and shed fear of judgement. Once your into day 3 you should be totally relaxed and feeling gracious not having the stresses of home all over you. Don't call home on dose days if you can help it, just send the love ones a thumbs up; enjoy your peace

Staff
You have professional staff of a therapist and several facilitators that will guide you through your experience, make you feel like family, and will sit and have each meal with the group and share their lives with you. I can't imaging having their jobs dealing with a traumatic public day to day. its the high of highs and the low of lows. There is also the house staff (owners of the properties, cooks, etc.) they are gracious and giving, but remember leave your western wants at home. This is a small town on the south of the island, no post office, no tv, spotty wifi, and lots of love.

Meals
Breakfast is small and vegan most days; eggs other days. This is intentional as full stomachs and fatty foods block the active ingredient of the shrooms. There are snacks to purchase but they are minimal; on purpose. Remember this is a fishing community, on an island, in a country not called America, UK, etc. Lunch on non shroom days will be take out from a local eatery. It is important to support the local community. As the town isn't a tourist spot; which is the best thing about it! Dinner is alway a bit early (5,6,or 7pm) and on dose days, you may not even be hungry at all! Dinner like breakfast is always fresh! Chicken, rice, salad, or some local fare; and they give you plenty!

Mushrooms
They grow their own shrooms, and they are providing you large doses over 3 days. I had an issue with price before I came but then quickly got over it because of the logistics of growing (I grow) and the dosages over 3 days for me that was over 30grams dry. They grind up three types of shrooms and put them in capsules so that everyone gets the same exact dose. The shrooms will show you what it wants to show you at whatever dosage. I had 10g and it did nothing, but 5g did a lot...Also do not cheat the process or yourself, GET OFF YOUR SSRIs two weeks prior. We also had Sidi come from the grow house and give us a presentation on the grow process.

Money
Exchange money at the airport for free! At the very minimum exchange the cost of the shrooms. Again, this is a village off the beaten path and local currency is appreciated although not required. I exchanged $800 US which was $92,000 Jamaican. But the shrooms was $61,000 then I spend the rest ($200) on gifts for home. If you spend half your Jamaican money the airport will exchange the rest for free upon leaving.

Finally
This was the greatest experience of my life, outside of having my first child. We are walking trauma units. If you are scared of anything in life, come here and let it all go. Let the process have you and you will never ever wonder what if again. Bear your sole...You will leave a better you; now everyone else back home...well thats a different story.

Date of experience: December 2020
2  Thank stefonte
Reviewed November 30, 2020

I visited MycoMeditations because for the past decade I have had trouble with my sleep thanks to a form of PTSD caused by pressures I had put on myself in the past. I was hoping that Myco could help me reset myself and wash away some of the embedded fears and anxieties I had accumulated through life. But Myco easily exceeded my expectations and gave me so much more insight into myself, which I had not been expecting. These new insights make me feel that I can move forward in a much more optimistic fashion and realise the positivity that I had within myself but which had become buried by negative thinking and the wrong priorities.

Although the psilocybin is a vital part of the experience I must emphasise the importance of the whole package that Myco have carefully crafted to ensure that the psilocybin treatment has the greatest chance of doing the greatest amount of good. The staff are wonderfully caring and every detail of the retreat is designed to reinforce a positive, healing process. Without the group discussions and integration and the meditation I am sure the experience would not have made the great difference it did. The setting in Jamaica was also the perfect place for such a healing experience.

A big thank you to all the staff, who really care and have a deep understanding of how working with psilocybin can change lives for the better.

Reviewed November 24, 2020

I first came to MycoMeditations in Jamaica exactly one year ago. I have now just returned from my second trip, and while I never thought an experience could be more enriching than my maiden voyage, I was wrong.

Many of these reviews focus on the life changing work that happens within the individual from a psilocybin experience. That is real and I can attest that on the other side of now six doses under the care of the facilitating team at MycoMeditations, my life is different and vastly improved with each trip. But let’s assume that if you’ve made it this far to reading reviews, you’re already convinced of the power of this plant medicine and you’re now exploring safe options to experience it — so let me focus on why this is the only place for me. I’ll tell you about three main factors, in order of impact and importance to me personally:

The Humans. I cannot overstate the importance of being under the care of a qualified, caring team when undergoing deep psychedelic experiences. This team brings a wealth of experience, both from psychological and psychedelic realms, as well as from the hospitality and operations aspects that largely impact the overall journey. In my week there, this human love and support is all inclusive: of course, during the facilitation of doses, but in integration, in 1 on 1 conversations, in joining us for every meal and continuing to help unpack the the depth and richness of what was experienced inside the trips for weeks following our time together. As their management team continues to evolve, so does the level of care and professionalism associated with the entire experience. The plant medicine is important — but believe me when I tell you the humans that deliver the medicine and walk you home are more important and there is no place I’ve ever felt more looked after than with this team.

The Format. In choosing the right retreat for me, format was of particular importance, so I’ll share why this one works for me. If you are new to this space, as I was, it is impossible to know what the “right” working dose is — it is not as simple as body size and chemical history. Many factors play into how much of the mushroom works to bring on relative experiences. I’ve seen men twice my size go to much deeper places on half the doses I’m working with. For this reason, it was critical for me to choose a program that gave multiple experiences within one retreat — so that I can start slowly on the first dose, see how I reacted to it, unpack that experience then have two more doses to go from there. Participants work with facilitators to determine their doses across the week — some climb up with each subsequent trip, while others choose to peak in the middle dose and come down for a lighter experience the last dosing day. This flexibility alleviates the pressure of a “one and done” experience that I saw when shopping comparable programs. This combined with long, detailed group integration sessions the day after each dosing day make for a beautiful, intense week. It’s important to understand that — this isn’t a week at a spa. It won’t always be easy. But the you that emerges on the other side will be different than the you that showed up on day one.

The Location. I have now visited two of the three locations / levels of service provided by MycoMeditations (Concierge and Comfort). Both were perfect, in serene, safe, rural and private locations in Jamaica. The food prepared lovingly by our local hosts was excellent and the precise type of comfort food you’d want at a time like this. And the backdrop of this beautiful Caribbean island is perfect, year round. I will say that I’ve tried solo excursions in between my MycoMeditations experiences and it comes nowhere close to the investment I’ve made in stepping away from my day to day life here, to truly get a away and focus on myself in the hands of caring professionals.

There’s so much more to tell. I’ve come away twice now with small groups of life long friends. My heart is lighter and I feel more myself than I recall feeling. It is my hope to return to the healing waters of Treasure Beach every year or two for my Myco booster shot.

2  Thank Jessica Y
Reviewed November 15, 2020

I came to Myco because I felt there was something standing between me and my best self. I didn’t know what it was or what it even looked like. All I knew was that every time I tried to go from walking to running, I would discover that I had somehow tied my shoelaces together and would end up face-planted on the sidewalk, so to speak. I needed help, and I did not know how to ask for it -- especially since I didn’t even know what the problem was (or so I thought).

It turns out, however, that all the answers were within me all along.

Over the course of the retreat I learned that bliss is possible, that I had but an inkling of how beautiful the world is, and that we are all connected. None of this, at least for me, can be known merely by reading words on a screen like you’re doing right now. You have to feel it to get it.

You’ll know exactly where I’m coming from if you go ahead and let these wonderful people take care of you for a few days -- everyone from the beautiful ladies who showed us love through their marvelous cooking to the ex-ballerina who takes care of the business end of things to the old souls talking you through this eerie, magical realm to Michael, a groundskeeper, who told me at one point not to fear because he would be my guardian angel. He meant it too.

Over the course of the retreat more and more was revealed to me until my third and final dose of mushrooms, when I was gifted with an afternoon of utter tranquility. Next to becoming a parent, I think it was the best human beings get to feel. I was bathed in joy and I spread as much of it around as I could; others present that day told me they could feel this energy from across the garden. This is not a “high” I’ll be chasing from now on but an experience that has become part of me and that I have been blessed to share in, whether I live it again or not.

If love were a city this charming cluster of villas nestled by the Jamaican seashore would be downtown Tokyo at rush hour.

Does this all sound weird? Sure it does, if you’ve never taken this trip before, and even if you have. The wonderfully eclectic group I tripped with, my newfound sisters and brothers, included a chicken farmer from North Dakota and a Harvard-trained geneticist, and all of us had a moment where we stepped outside this experience to wonder at its sheer strangeness. But then we would be kissed by an errant sea breeze, or would receive an insightful word from one of the facilitators, or just a tender squeeze on the shoulder from one of our fellow seekers, and we were reminded to just let the moment be.

It’s important to remember that magic mushrooms are not a magic bullet. They’re a start. They bestow you with fresh eyes, but there will still be work to be done. What I do have now that I did not have before is the knowledge that true happiness is possible, that pain is fixable and that I, ultimately, can heal myself -- so long as I remain honest and humble enough to ask for help when I need it.

Come to this place if you can. I may not know you, but I know you deserve it.

2  Thank Quest91045