MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2021

My wife and I had life altering experiences. The atmosphere is perfect for getting some reflective work accomplished. It was much more than a few mushroom trips, the group integration each day was amazing. I am not sure if it was the unique group of people we were with or the isolated local, but I felt very safe while being brutally honest. I will be back.

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank mdmccray
Reviewed January 19, 2021

I'm a student who is currently studying Psychedelic Therapy and Research at CIIS in San Francisco. Myself and a classmate were lucky enough to join Mycomeditations as assistant guides for a week-long retreat.

A few key takeaways:

*High integrity operation--Community service projects, how they source their mushrooms, how they care for the local beach and how they treat their staff...all done with integrity and heart. They are organized, knowledgeable, and make guests feel like you are in good hands.

*Group work is powerful stuff--Being part of a group allows for a type of reflection that isn't available with 1-1 work. It's also great to know that the group will stay in touch after the retreat to help further support integration. Also, we had a lot of FUN :)

*Non-shamanic approach--Myco takes a unique approach to this work by not including shamanic ritual (incense, singing, etc...) While I'm not opposed to shamanic ritual, I appreciated that it's absence makes the process more approachable. It eliminates any potential pressure a guest might feel to be "spiritual."

*Beautiful setting--I participated in the "Comfort" retreat. A beautiful property, right on the beach. A gorgeous environment that supports the process well. Having delicious meals prepared for you and everything else taken care of really allows you to drop into the experience.

*Three dosing days--stacking 3 dosing days into one week allows for a lot of powerful work to be done. Like layers being removed to get to your core. A much different experience than a single journey can provide.

High quality guidance--Denise was the lead guide for our retreat. She is an expert at creating a space that is safe for healing. She has a really wonderful ability to explain complex concepts in digestible ways. She cares deeply about each guest. I had a lot of respect for her.

I was comprehensively delighted by the experience and really hope to be back someday in the near future.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed January 8, 2021

I now understand the saying that a dose of psilocybin is the equivalent of ten years of therapy. This far exceeded my expectations. While it is early days (I participated only recently), my anxieties about work and family have dissipated and my priorities in life are being reoriented.

Importantly, the staff is amazing. The integration sessions were great and the facilitators do a terrific job of helping one gain important insights. They also assist in helping one come up with strategies to make necessary and long lasting changes in one’s life.

Importantly, this was not just fun and games. It was hard. Some parts of the experience were very difficult. I experienced moments of deep anxiety and fear while dosing. There were also moments of extraordinary joy, focus, resolve, love, and gratitude. The entire range of human experience. It was truly mind blowing.

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank Anonymous7291927
Reviewed January 6, 2021

I went as a bit of a skeptic but left wanting more. Unbelievably valuable as insights previously hidden from me were brought to light where I can live a healthier, more honest future. Excellent work being done here by Justin and his fantastic team.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2021

After going through a traumatic birth, PTSD, Post-partum depression, 2 miscarriages, and lingering anxiety and depression- I was slowly fading away. I found Myco through my husband’s research and my experience with them has genuinely changed my life. I gained more and healed more in one week, than I ever have in years of traditional therapy and medications.

A little about the accommodations: After arriving in Jamaica, I quickly found my group and facilitators (they make everything super easy for you and give you a play-by-play of what to expect). They were kind, warm, and extremely welcoming. I booked the classic retreat. It was a 2.5 hour drive from the airport to the retreat location. (Pack Dramamine if you get car sick- it’s not highway driving). The location was perfect-just a quick walk to the most private, beautiful, peaceful beach. I went there multiple times each day. My room had all of the essentials I needed; a private bath, bedroom, and it was very quiet. It is not “high end,” but I wasn’t there for that kind of experience. I was there to heal. Delicious meals are cooked by the owners who are beyond wonderful! They welcome you and make you feel like family.

Each day included group therapy and guidance with Myco staff. I found this to be a key piece of my experience there. Everyone that works for Myco has such wonderful knowledge, wisdom, and guidance to share. Whether it is in the group sessions or 1-on-1 you will gain the most valuable insights. They are there for you, right by your side, every single step of the way during this process. I will forever treasure the Myco staff and the bonds made with fellow guests. I also gained forever friendships and the wisdom from the individuals in my group.

Dosing in this environment, along with the help of therapist and facilitators is what I found essential. They have so much experience with this medicine. You are able to let the medicine heal you, while trusting them and yourself throughout the process. I came out of this experience feeling like the weight of years of sadness has melted away. I was able to let go of grief, trauma, and sadness that has been stored inside of me for years. Therapy alone has never allowed me to do this. I am still integrating everything I’ve learned while back to my everyday grind. The guidance is still there. The staff (and my group) continues to stay in touch for support.

If you are struggling and want to find something that can truly heal you, from the inside out- book this retreat. You will not regret it. By sharing this I hope that I help one person gain the courage to visit Myco. It’s the most healing place.

Date of experience: December 2020