MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2021

If you’re on the fence with whether or not to book this trip, please read on! Next to giving birth to my two daughters, this has been the most beautiful and life changing experience of my life. Before booking this trip, I read every single review on here and everyone was absolutely right and I’m so excited to be home and writing this.

I’ll begin by saying that Abbie is fantastic! Not only is she a lovely person, but she’s super organized during this crazy time of Covid and was so helpful in helping with my anxiety surrounding all of the details that went into planning this trip. I chose to come to Treasure Beach a couple of days earlier and stay in Jamaica a couple following the retreat. I highly recommend this! I’m a busy single mother and it felt important to get there early to get into the right headspace and settled into the area before the retreat started. Also, it was amazing to have a couple of days to myself after the retreat ended, to unpack some things and to just be. Abbie helped me arrange all of this, transportation and all!

I did the ‘Comfort’ retreat and it was perfect! I had my own beautiful room and private bathroom as well. I want to give a major shoutout to the staff at Blue Marlin! They all kept things running seamlessly and by the end of the week, they felt like family. The food was amazing and the women who made our meals were so beautiful and you could tell that the food we consumed was made with absolute love. This was really important to my healing - I struggle with digestive issues and my tummy felt so light and healthy while I was there. Michael, who helps oversee and manage the property - I freaking loved him! I made a friend for life for sure! His calming presence was so appreciated.

The facilitators were everything I needed them to be! Jonas was lovely. He has this little boy charm to him and yet when he speaks, you feel the wisdom he holds, despite being so young. He’s super caring and kind, all of which you feel at your baseline and even more intensely in the trip space. Denise...oh Denise! What a beautiful human being. This woman is so full of love and vibrancy, she was the mother energy that I truly needed. Nikki is great as well! I felt the urge to give her the biggest hug during one of my trips and that embrace felt so warm and pure. Justin has this magical ability to hold space and I was captivated by this. Safety was a big concern of mine and I felt even more than that - I felt permission to be exactly as I am, no matter what that looks like. This was such a huge deal for me. I struggle a lot with anxiety, body issues, depression, childhood trauma, sexual trauma,etc and I felt so loved and accepted by everyone at Myco.

I was a bit hesitant to book my trip with Myco initially because of the cost. Now after seeing myself on the other side, it would’ve been worth every cent in my bank account. There’s a good reason that the fees are what they are and after spending a week there, you can easily see it. The changes that I not only feel in myself, but my family can see are invaluable. Deep down I knew there was another way of existing in this world. I knew that I could live and love deeper than I was. I’ve been home for a week now and I feel braver than I have in a long time. I feel much more capable of doing hard things in life. This isn’t a magic fix - meaning the mushrooms are a tool in your tool belt, but you have to be willing to show up for yourself. I am a better version of me since returning home and I will FOREVER have a place in my heart for this new tribe and for the beautiful country of Jamaica ♥️. It is our birthright to be happy. If you feel called to this kind of healing, please be brave enough to accept. There is so much beauty on the other side. Thank you Myco for it all!

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank MichelleMlovestotrav
Reviewed January 21, 2021

My wife and I had life altering experiences. The atmosphere is perfect for getting some reflective work accomplished. It was much more than a few mushroom trips, the group integration each day was amazing. I am not sure if it was the unique group of people we were with or the isolated local, but I felt very safe while being brutally honest. I will be back.

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank mdmccray
Reviewed January 19, 2021

I'm a student who is currently studying Psychedelic Therapy and Research at CIIS in San Francisco. Myself and a classmate were lucky enough to join Mycomeditations as assistant guides for a week-long retreat.

A few key takeaways:

*High integrity operation--Community service projects, how they source their mushrooms, how they care for the local beach and how they treat their staff...all done with integrity and heart. They are organized, knowledgeable, and make guests feel like you are in good hands.

*Group work is powerful stuff--Being part of a group allows for a type of reflection that isn't available with 1-1 work. It's also great to know that the group will stay in touch after the retreat to help further support integration. Also, we had a lot of FUN :)

*Non-shamanic approach--Myco takes a unique approach to this work by not including shamanic ritual (incense, singing, etc...) While I'm not opposed to shamanic ritual, I appreciated that it's absence makes the process more approachable. It eliminates any potential pressure a guest might feel to be "spiritual."

*Beautiful setting--I participated in the "Comfort" retreat. A beautiful property, right on the beach. A gorgeous environment that supports the process well. Having delicious meals prepared for you and everything else taken care of really allows you to drop into the experience.

*Three dosing days--stacking 3 dosing days into one week allows for a lot of powerful work to be done. Like layers being removed to get to your core. A much different experience than a single journey can provide.

High quality guidance--Denise was the lead guide for our retreat. She is an expert at creating a space that is safe for healing. She has a really wonderful ability to explain complex concepts in digestible ways. She cares deeply about each guest. I had a lot of respect for her.

I was comprehensively delighted by the experience and really hope to be back someday in the near future.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed January 8, 2021

I now understand the saying that a dose of psilocybin is the equivalent of ten years of therapy. This far exceeded my expectations. While it is early days (I participated only recently), my anxieties about work and family have dissipated and my priorities in life are being reoriented.

Importantly, the staff is amazing. The integration sessions were great and the facilitators do a terrific job of helping one gain important insights. They also assist in helping one come up with strategies to make necessary and long lasting changes in one’s life.

Importantly, this was not just fun and games. It was hard. Some parts of the experience were very difficult. I experienced moments of deep anxiety and fear while dosing. There were also moments of extraordinary joy, focus, resolve, love, and gratitude. The entire range of human experience. It was truly mind blowing.

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank Anonymous7291927
Reviewed January 6, 2021

I went as a bit of a skeptic but left wanting more. Unbelievably valuable as insights previously hidden from me were brought to light where I can live a healthier, more honest future. Excellent work being done here by Justin and his fantastic team.

Date of experience: July 2020