MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2021

Came here with my husband and a friend on a research mission trying to find a possible treatment for our young daughter that is suffering from treatment resistant depression for last three years. Left a transformed human with friends so close due to shared profound experience that as one of us put it "we can comfortably sleep on each others couches". That week of three psilocybin augmented group and individual treatment sessions accomplished for me more than ten years of intensive talk therapy could do. More than a month passed now and the benefit didn't wear off.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed July 26, 2021

“Life altering experience”f coming from a person who thought he new everything. The trips were Grady bit the Integrations where just as important.
Many thanks to the Team

Reviewed July 25, 2021

I can’t say enough good things about Mycomeditations. As background, let me say that both my wife and I are physicians. Our initial interest in Mycomedications was inspired while looking for treatment options for our teenage daughter. She suffers from treatment resistant depression and has undergone all traditional therapy available to us…multiple medications, IV Ketamine, in patient therapy, and ECT with minimal if any improvement. Initially, she was to go with us but she declined so my wife and I went to “scout” it out. We were thoroughly impressed with the professionalism and attention to detail of the Mycomeditation team. We met a group of guests who will be lifelong friends. The experiences were had while “tripping” were some of the most powerful experiences of my life. After returning, a member of the team sets up a follow up “integration session” to make sure everything is ok. Our daughter has agreed to go and we are scheduled to go back to Jamaica in 2 weeks. I highly recommend Mycomeditations for anyone who feels that psychedelic therapy would benefit them.

ANONYMOUS

Date of experience: June 2021
2  Thank Longhornsone
Reviewed July 20, 2021

I had heard about MycoMeditations from a family member and saw what a change it had in their life.
I’ve been feeling lost and disconnected for many years now…diagnosed with depression for years and been on multiple different types of medications which didn’t help, or only treated the symptoms. I was in talk therapy for a while, but felt that my current therapist was no longer really helping. It also felt like just treating the symptoms and not getting to the root of it.
I’m so glad I went. It was hard work. I was able to sift down to some pretty world-rocking realizations and truths, and it took a lot out of me emotionally. That being said, I left with a feeling of lightness and hope that I have not felt in years, and it’s continued even after coming back home.
I chose the Comfort Retreat, and the grounds were absolutely gorgeous. I felt like I was in an all-inclusive resort. The staff are incredible. I have never met more open and selfless people in my life. The facilitators are not only well-trained, but also highly intuitive, and often met my needs before I even knew I had them. I loved that several of the facilitators have a background in psychology and/or therapy. They were there for the deeply spiritual as well as the deeply logical.
I know I have more work to do in the coming weeks, months, and years, but for the first time I’m not looking on that with dread. I’ve walked away from this experience with an amazing support network, and more importantly, the knowledge that I have the power to keep moving forward.

2  Thank 498kat
Reviewed July 18, 2021

It's nearly impossible for me to write an online review of what this retreat meant to me. But here is a start - I just recorded a voice memo on my phone for 50 minutes so I can remember every detail because something tells me I will want to reference it later in life :)

I have never done mushrooms (or any other drug before, outside of marijuana a few times). Doing 3 "heroic doses" was a wild ride. My first trip was out of this world - I felt unconditional love, even saw myself being born and my mom holding me for the first time with tears of joy. Later, I was in a different scene. It was like I was releasing negative energy that had been stored in my body at a cellular level. I asked the facilitator to come over and I squeezed Justin's hand for probably 20 minutes during that release. It was wonderful how caring and attentive the staff is. You put a lot of trust into them.

The second trip was not like the first one. It took 4 hours to kick in and when it did I felt alarming paranoia. Ugh. One of the staff members was able to stay with me and comfort me. I was hot and miserable. Sometimes, it isn't all positive and fun trips. But coming out of the second trip, I felt immense empathy for anyone suffering from mental illness. Later, I called my cousin who skipped my grandpa's funeral a few years ago. And since then, I have talked to him again and even apologized for judging him instead of asking if he was ok. The second trip wasn't a waste despite it not being "fun" while in it.

Finally, the third trip was all about gratitude, beauty, and then serenity. I had 6 pillows of happy tears. Immediately after, my heart, throat, and lungs were operating normally. It was like my body had fully released all negativity and reset. No weights on my heart. My voice was unlocked, like I could easily speak truth freely. And my lungs kept sighing. Not like an ugh sighing, like an awe sighing. And even a week later, my lungs are breathing so deeply without me telling them too. The sense of calm and peace - a zero on an anxiety level - has been quite frankly the most surprising. I thought the mushrooms were going to have me hallucinate and maybe see some cool things. I did not expect my body to respond this positively. I should have done this YEARS ago. I feel so light - Not a worry. Not one. And goodness, I had so many worries coming in.

I was a little nervous to share the above because I don't want you to have expectations that any or all of this will happen to you. I shared the above so you can see what is possible for someone. Everyone has their own journey. Everyone is going to respond uniquely. Whether you have a lot of trauma or not as much, I think you can benefit from Myco. It is expensive, but you will appreciate there is a lot of facilitator time between doses days and therapy integration time. The group made the experience that much better. I have a dozen souls who now know me - the real raw me.

Additionally - the accommodations are comfortable. The hospitality is very nice. and some of the food was local and fresh. Ox tail! Grilled lobster tail! So yum. You are in good hands.

3  Thank Bleyski