MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2021

Hello Seeker. If you are reading this then something in your life has you looking for insight, improved quality of life, or a cure. I was the same. I went down the rabbit hole looking for a safe and professional provider of psilocybin enhanced therapy. I was unwilling to chance the underground and had zero interest in a shamanic experience. I’ve closely followed the John’s Hopkins research using psilocybin and wanted something similar. This was it.

The team is professional and staffed with multiple facilitators to help you through your trip space. Several licensed therapists are available to help during difficult times and to process what you encounter post-trip. Additionally, the facilities are fully legal in Jamaica meaning nothing done here is underground. No fear of a raid, bust, or any other interruptions while you are doing the work.

I am more than happy to discuss my experience in detail with anyone wanting references. Simply let the staff at Myco know you read my post and wish to discuss my experience with me. They will provide me your contact info and I’ll be happy to reach out. This experience took me from surviving my life to living to its full potential. It has been a profoundly beneficial experience.

Last note, come to work. Much of my time in the trip space was extremely difficult with painful subject matter. It wasn’t a vacation. That said, I couldn’t have accomplished this much in 15 years of talk therapy. Growth can be difficult, as this was, but getting my life and family back is priceless.

3  Thank TheRLWinters
Reviewed September 6, 2021

Just spent the most incredible week of my life in Jamaica at Myco Meditations. What they are doing to help people deal with Trauma, Anger, Anxiety, and so much more is hard to put into words.

My life has been changed and the other 6 guests who were part of my session had incredible breakthroughs and life changing experiences as well. The Facilitators had the retreat I was on, are some of the most warmest, intelligent, caring people I have ever met. They are there to guide you, bond with you, and help you understand the experiences you go through all week. Denise, Mike, Jonas, Gwen, and Erica are some of the greatest people I have ever met,

I did the "Classic" retreat, a 7 night, 3 mushroom session (in capsule form, so you get the right amounts each experience), which combined group integrations and many personal conversations with the facilitators.

I walked out of there a changed person, having rid myself of the negativity and self pity that has been with me for years. I have never felt so Strong, Energetic, Happy, and at Peace with myself and am ready to face whatever comes at me at full speed.

I witnessed a few people who attended who had way more trauma than I did, who by the end of the week were changed people. Most people really have no clue on what mushrooms are capable of and how much they can help change you based on what you came there for. You can discover and learn about yourself with mushrooms, more than any other kind of therapy. I felt that I went through 10 years of therapy in the week that I was there.

If you are thinking of going, fill out an application NOW. If you are a skeptic, read as much as you can about the studies being done at John Hopkins University and elsewhere.

I cannot thank Abbie, Denise, Mike, Jonas, and Gwen enough for helping to guide me on my life altering experience. For the first time in years, I am looking forward to the future.

3  Thank GlennL758
Reviewed September 6, 2021 via mobile

Words can not describe such a life changing experience. Just came back this past weekend and despite it being such hard work I am excited about doing the work to continue my journey in a much better place. Such amazing and loving people. Everybody was great but Denis your devotion, wisdom and knowledge is beyond this world.

The psilocybin was the tool for me to opening my mind, but without the guidance and patience and love I felt from the staff I would’ve ended probably in the same place.

More places like these are needed urgently everywhere. I certainly hope and know Mycomeditations will help heal the world of much of the pain and suffering it is going through.

2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed September 5, 2021

This experience saved a life. Justin and the rest of the MycoMeditations team are incredible and really, truly care about creating a supportive environment to learn and heal. There has been no greater return on investment to my mental and emotional health than this. Don't hesitate, book the Comfort Retreat now and trust that this experience will give you exactly what you need to change your life.

Date of experience: August 2021
3  Thank Dean H
Reviewed August 28, 2021

If you are looking for a retreat involving psychedelics for mental and emotional healing, MycoMeditations is a wonderful option. The team here take very seriously the therapeutic practice of using psilocybin mushrooms to promote this kind of healing. Though located in a lovely beachside resort, this is not a vacation spa; you can expect to do some hard work while you are tripping. Certainly, access to a secluded beach and being able to swim in a calm sea each day enhance the process, but the healing work primarily rests with the mushroom trips and the lengthy integration sessions in which Justin and the facilitators assist guests sorting out their experiences.

I would like to single out the two facilitators, Erica and Jonas, whom I had the most contact with during my three trips, for special mention. Both of these individuals offered what I felt to be boundless compassion and empathy for me as I experienced some highly upsetting moments. For someone who tends toward skepticism regarding religious or spiritual matters, under their care I even felt what I could call a sense of the sacred, especially toward the end of my third trip. It was as though the mushrooms allowed me to see another side of the world full of healing connections.

With just over a week since I’ve come back, I feel as though my task is to find ways to reconnect periodically with that sacred sensibility. I believe I’ve made progress and I realize impressions of the experience change over time, so I am trying to find ways to integrate these experiences into my life to build on them.

In addition to the therapy sessions, one can enjoy other optional experiences the retreat has to offer. An early morning bike tour showed me the beauty of some of the surrounding area. A wonderful trip to a turtle sanctuary allowed us the opportunity to assist Abbie with getting hatchling Hawksbill sea turtles to the ocean so these critically endangered animals would have a better chance at survival (Abbie is a brave advocate for local wildlife).

The only thing I might recommend is that Myco provide iPods or some other device for listening to music while tripping. Some of us are technologically challenged and having the devices in place, along with appropriate recordings would help to smooth out this dimension of the experience. The music often functions to structure a trip so your mind will explore submerged areas of your psyche that need to be brought to light.

Thank you Myco and keep up the good work!

Date of experience: August 2021