MycoMeditations Psilocybin-Assisted Retreats
Review Highlights
Amazing People

The people that facilitate these retreats are some of the best people I’ve ever met. Thank you Myco.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JosiahCR
20 years of therapy in a week

Myco meditations is truly a life changing experience, which is professionally and empathetically... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
C6194OFsarahw

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from US$20.00
from US$10.14
from US$22.50
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews life changing mental health profound experience support staff blue marlin meditation practice group setting didn t know week long retreat supportive environment my entire life personal growth change your mind move forward adult life two months far exceeded my expectations
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2021

It’s been exactly one month since I boarded my return flight in Montego Bay after an absolutely life changing week with MycoMeditiations Classic retreat at the Doranja House. At the time I felt I was wearing a new skin. I’d never felt more emotionally liberated, confident and euphoric. What remained was the curiosity for how long it could last. Surely life’s daily twists and turns would test me in ways that would dull the sheen.

I’m happy to report on this first lunaversary that my recommendation for others considering this retreat is, if anything, stronger for the objective distance time has created.

Although, I can’t compare the different resort options, I was happy I chose the Classic option. Being part of the original setting was satisfying, and it was easy to understand how such a fulfilling venture originated there. The Doranja House is a beautifully colorful and well maintained lodging, run by Sidi and her family, and is surrounded by homes filled with other relatives. The love and calm emanating from the environs is palpable. Touring the grounds and sampling the abundant fruit trees was a treat. An unexpected gift was the bond all the participants and facilitators formed over the short week, and continue to strengthen in our regular group chats.

The dosing and integration sessions were artfully embroidered into the week, and its hard to imagine experiencing my introduction in psychedelic therapy any other way.

I went into into the week with few expectations, but wanted to address challenges I experienced in my daily life when speaking publicly or to authority. It was easy to embrace the healing opportunity provided by the setting, and although I’m not normally an early bird, I awoke naturally every morning eager to make my way to the beach to take in the beauty of the glorious sunrises that evoked sacred and spontaneous meditations. Over the course of the week I was able to feel and later express emotions that had been preventing me from expressing my full self all my adult life. It was truly liberating.

One month out, the gifts of what I learned are still bearing fruit. Perhaps most interesting to me is observing the sheer efficiency of going about my day with less anxiety (ruminations take time!) and greater confidence (so does second guessing). Your mileage may vary, but it’s hard to imagine a better setting, or reward.

2  Thank davehmv
Reviewed September 27, 2021

Curiosity of psilocybin-assisted therapy and Pollan’s book ‘How to Change Your Mind’ led to my 1st solo MycoMeditations retreat in September 2019, and recently returned from a 2nd retreat with my husband in August 2021.

Briefly, trauma, self-medication, social anxiety and depression were my motivations for attending my 1st MycoMeditations retreat. I was intensely curious about mushroom therapy in a non-clinical, non-ceremonious group setting. So thankful for that opportunity! The therapy and integration support on that retreat helped me to understand my own mental health state, seek additional support for PTSD, and gloriously fostered my own 2-year compassionate journey with psylocibin.

Fast forward 2 years, after more therapy and integration, I attended my 2nd MycoMeditations retreat with my husband. My personal intentions were for continued deep work, as well as greater psychedelic exploration in the company other psychonauts. It was the most powerful spiritual experience yet. The MycoMeditations therapists, facilitators and the group setting proved to be outstanding in allowing my husband and I support each other while exploring our own individual relationship with the mushroom.

I could write a thousand kind words for the skilled support provided by the entire MycoMeditations team. The caliber of the therapists and facilitators - Denise, Jonas, Erika, Gwen - and the impressive work they do in this setting is truly a beautiful experience. Additionally, the team – Abbie, Nicki, Cedi, Doreen - are each incredible in the care, knowledge, and spirit they share. Shout out to Lolo too! This team knows. These retreats are so well organized, all you need to do is show up and be accepting to the therapy and care provided.

It is possible to come out the other side of what you are facing – and to have forgiveness, compassion, and courage to move forward on your path. Sit with the mushrooms and do the work. Or simply explore knowing and nirvana. As it is said, the mushroom will give you what you need.

Personally, life carries a different vibration – one I look for in others too. I can comfortably sit in my own gentle compassion, awareness, and love. I also have the courage to reach out to an old friend. Nothing in life is what we make it about, indeed. Paraphrasing from the book, ‘After the Ecstasy, the Laundry’, Kornfield writes - there is more work to do, without a destination. A journey certainly welcomed.

Date of experience: August 2021
2  Thank LastMangoInParadise
Reviewed September 27, 2021

Rarely have I ever experienced a week long retreat that delivers what it claims. This was transformative and life changing. I had been living with low grade anxiety, feelings of personal failure, no matter what I achieved. I felt stuck, like something was holding me back, sabotaging my life. The experience proved to be beyond explanation. I am still working through it but I feel joy again. I feel optimism, hope, remembering there is a reason to be here. I am excited about the future, willing to meet it head on, the way I used to be. There is so much more I could say personally, but I don't want to be prescriptive. Each person on the retreat experienced what they needed, expertly guided by Justin and the other wonderful facilitators enabling us to talk, sharing very personal stories in a supportive and safe forum. If you don't like talking about yourself, and who does (?), it's never forced, it is pure support. Aside from that, this place, the location, the sea swimming and the support staff in the villa, cooks and caretakers are remarkable. I will be back, not just because of the voyaging, but for the experience of love, acceptance and the gastronomic food and location. I'm ready to live life again, not merely survive. I cannot recommend this experience enough. If it's not offered worldwide soon it's because vested interests don't want a well humanity.

Reviewed September 12, 2021

Highly recommended.
The design and execution of this retreat were excellent. The focus is on therapy and healing but the atmosphere is not clinical. Three mushroom sessions, with the ability to adjust intentions, expectations and dosage after each session, maximized the benefits. The group discussions (preparation before each session and integration the next day) were essential parts of the experience. The other activities were well organized, fun, and provided a welcome — even necessary — break from the intensity of the sessions. Abbie did a great job with the travel details and logistics.
The MycoMeditations team was wonderful and worked together smoothly. The differences in the perspectives, personalities, and training & experience of the four facilitators and the nurse worked very well; comments & observations from each one of them resonated with me at different times, providing valuable insights from different angles. As many reviewers have observed, the interactions with fellow travelers also provide a lot of benefit. I was skeptical but now appreciate the power of the group.
The Doranja House has tasty food, comfortable rooms and good facilities for the group sessions & meals. The grounds are very nice and located in a rural neighborhood. The bay is a short walk away with trails along the shore. Doreen and her team were friendly, helpful and caring, blending in seamlessly with the MycoMeditations program.
This company has many years of experience, has developed a program that works, and does it very well. The combination of the group, the team, the setting, the program, and the mushrooms made this week very productive and rewarding. I felt loved, supported and safe throughout. It was a very powerful week, helping me in countless ways; showing me how much better life is when I crack open my shell. And I continue to experience improvements. This retreat is a lot of hard work, but well worth it.

Date of experience: August 2021
2  Thank GreatTripsofMyLife
Reviewed September 7, 2021

It's hard to write a review for a travel experience that utterly, completely and incomprehensibly changed my life. But here goes.

I arrived at MycoMeditations having suffered from life-long, debilitating anxiety and depression. Ten years with an excellent therapist and numerous types of antidepressant medications had certainly helped me, but the benefits were limited. Indeed on arrival in Jamaica I was so crippled by anxiety I could barely speak.

After three experiences with psilocybin--and crucially, MycoMeditations embeds those experiences within professionally facilitated group therapy sessions with your fellow retreat participants--I now experience well-being far beyond what I thought possible.

I am not a different person; I am the same me, but instead of being constrained in a tiny box, I am emotionally and mentally open and curious. My anxiety, a "10" going in, varies from zero to one or two. This change is, without a doubt, absolutely astonishing.

I am so intensely grateful to the team at MycoMeditations. They provide the best possible environment in which to explore psilocybin: warm and kind and safe, as well as gentle and unobtrusive, giving you space when you need it. They know that the psilocybin itself is not enough; they prepare for each dose with group discussion and meditation, and they lead "integration" sessions afterwards. They support and nurture the group; they know what works, even as they allow you all the leeway you need to form your own journey.

If travelling to Jamaica sounds daunting, as it was for me, know that MycoMeditations will be with you every step of the way. Kind people make sure all the travel documents are in place, meet you at the airport, drive you to Treasure Beach, provide a lovely room and delicious healthy food. They take care of all the logistics so you can focus on healing.

As the studies show, the benefits of mushroom medicine have the potential to persist long after the doses themselves, and MycoMeditations also focuses on providing you tools to help you after you get home, notably a network for social connections. And you can call anyone any time you need them; they are those kind of people.

How does the medicine work? For me at least, psilocybin was able to crack open the shell that had solidified around me. I was able to directly experience grief and cry rivers for the first time in years. And then, once I experienced as much pain as I was able to, it was transformed into transcendent joy. How strange and wonderful!

There is no hangover with this substance. It is the opposite of toxic. It is--as literally and truthfully as I can say it--a healing balm that cleanses your soul and makes you whole again.

Psilocybin is not "trippy," nor is it "woo-woo." It is astonishingly effective medicine, powerful and safe. I urge you to give it a try.

13  Thank alongthelonging