Review Highlights

Our Go To Winery in Stanthorpe

Reviewed July 30, 2018
Mark C
Brisbane, Australia

All reviews olive oil cellar door wine tasting aventino indulgent purchase winery
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Entering Aventine wines the smell of mulled wine in the slow cooker is very inviting. Debra is very welcoming and after a day of tasting didn’t mind we called her Brenda! Ave tine makes a great sparkling Shiraz, their version of baileys, mulled wine and the best olive oil in the region! We always stock up when we visit and bring friends. It’s always a great tasting with good quality wine and recipe ideas that are next level. Going back to our cabin with the fire mulled wine oil, breads and cheese Aventine made for a good night!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We visit Stanthorpe every year and Aventine is our go to place for sparkling wine. A big thank you to Deb for being so accommodating and serving us a great selection of wines. See you next year!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

New to town and have been introduced to this small winery by a local couple. Wow, what a pleasant suprise. The owner Deb was so accommodating and such fun to be around. Not skimpy in the tasting of the full selection of wines and from this a car load of outstanding wines have been purchased.
Highly recommended and will be back

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

A great range of wines. Deborah the owner is a fantastic host, friendly & funny. Absolutely love their Cream Indulgence.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

On our annual visit to Stanthorpe to stock up on wines a visit to Aventine Winery has become a tradition with our group, Deborah makes us so welcome and is a wonderful host with a great knowledge of the wines, the Cream Indulgence is a favorite with my wife.

If you are doing a tour of the area I would highly recommend a visit

Reviewed June 12, 2018

Ticks all the boxes, fabulous selection of wines, faultless, friendly service & ample tastings. A joy to visit Debra every time we are staying around Stanthorpe. Our group of friends have been enjoying the Aventine experience every year now for 15 years & believe you are selling your trip short if you miss this gem. I have read the negative review & know this person has got the wrong winery. Every one we recommend they visit, loves Aventive & continue to go back!!

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We stay at Stanthorpe for our annual winter winery weekend every June. Aventine Wines is a must on our to visit list. Driving into the property you are taken away with the rustic farm equipment nestled in the garden landscape showing the history of the farms previous life. Then entering the cellar door you are greeted by Deborah , from the time you arrive she makes you feel like family.
Deborah will listen to what you like to taste & is very passionate about her wines & why not they are simply delicious. From the Trendy Chardonnay , Reserve Shiraz, Reserve Cab Sav , Forbidden Sparkling White Cabernet , Tawny Port ( my husband’s favourite) to last but not least my absolute fave Cream Indulgence.
It’s the friendly personalised service you get walking through the doors & the great products that has us coming back each & every year.
If you are enjoying a visit to the Granite Belt region mark this on your list of wineries to visit. You won’t be disappointed. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !!

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous winery always friendly and welcoming.great wine with generous tasting.nice to return and be remembered.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Only allowed to try if you intend to buy. The reason we go to Stanthorpe is to stock up so we spent our money elsewhere. He told us we wouldn't like the wine and had the worst customer service.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Of all the wineries I've been to in the Ballandean area this is the only one I would recomend you avoid.

I'm assuming that the man who huffed and puffed through the door was the owner as surely no staff would be employed long if they were that rude!

I enjoy a dry wine but often try the sweets to buy wine as gifts on my return home to Brisbane. So when asked what I would like to try I replied we can start at the top.
"THIS ISN'T FREE DRINKS! YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKE AND I'LL LET YOU TRY THAT ONE!"

With that I took my money and went and bought up else where!

If you're after a pleasant experience... don't bother!