“Great for a Hotel/Motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Hotel Highlander

Comfort Hotel Highlander
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gilles Plains
Narrandera
“Great for a Hotel/Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We were in the area for business and booked rooms 3 and 5. I have only one complaint and that is the hard bed, I just don't get it, motels everywhere are getting firmer and firmer beds, someone should make the bloody owners sleep in the damn things. Other then this, the motel room was great, pleanty of room, great shower, quiet A/C, bid TV. The hotel area was also great, good food and cold beer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Waikerie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had stayed here many times and found it suitable for visiting our family. However in December we stayed there and were completely disgusted. The music stopped at 2.30 a. m we accepted that because it was near christmas so parties were expected. Our problem was at 3 a m the patrons from the hotels started their own party outside our room. I asked nicely would they be quiet but was ignored. I called reception and nothing was done. At 4.30 they decided to go to bed finally. When I complained next morning I was ignored. I sent an email to the manager and was practically called a liar so I will never stay there again. Be aware if you stay there the staff are no help at all and they not do offer a refund if your stay is horrible.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Travellers are raving about these Gilles Plains hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

So stuck in the 70's everything about this room is old and foul. Too close to the road and loud patrons. Nowhere to park vans/trailers. When I booked it online the photo was of the new modern rooms. The rooms we got were run down cold and drafty. The sophisticated loot lock baffled me .... Why? Spend the cash on paint or something useful

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Aliceinalice
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I and another couple stayed here over Easter weekend on a last minute booking.
The location was okay, out in the suburbs but a car definitely needed to get to city / wine country.
Room was modern & accommodated 4 adults in one room, although rather small. There was not enough hot water to fill spa bath so we boiledsomee water to make it warmer.
The walls were paper thin and we were woken each morning hearing clear conversations coming from the
next room. The worst part were the locking system! It was electronic and if you forgot which button to press a loud alarm would sound to awaken the neighbors ( or the other way around).
The breakfast at adjoining hotel was included, we choose the hot breakfast both mornings for $10.
The hotel had live music, but it not in the same building so we could only hear the sound of distant bass from our room.
We feel we were very lucky to have quite neighbors!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Behmah
Oz
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2008

Really didnt enjoy my time at this hotel. I was ignored by the staff at the counter for 15 minutes before the person behind told me someone would be with me in a minute. Everythiing seemed to much trouble. The noise in the room was incredible, from the constant fan generated noise (some kind of cooler I expect) behind the room wall, to planes that regularly flew over head, and to finally the full on brawl outside my door at God only knows what time of the morning that continued for sometime. I would never go there again to sleep - you wont get any. I know it was a bad idea from the beginning, the only people who sleep at this motel are its drinking patrons.

• Liked — The cool door code that if the staff had read the back off wouldnt be setting alarms off all the time
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
5.9 km away
Adelaide Manor
Adelaide Manor
#1 of 3 in Enfield

Been to Comfort Hotel Highlander? Share your experiences!