Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Trip of a lifetime - Five stars all around

Reviewed March 17, 2018
Alex N
via mobile

All reviews cat skiing the owner day trip great terrain great bar deep powder ski experience great food apres ski top notch jeff lodge brand runs skier snowboarding vernon
Reviewed April 13, 2018

We did an early March 2018 3-day trip to Keefer Lake Cat Skiing and the results were fantastic. The drive in from Vernon was easy with a bit of access road, but no problems. The lodge was great and had everything you need including unbelievable meals. 5 Stars. The luxury cats were very comfortable and the best I've ever been in (been to 5 cat skiing operations). Skiing started out with incredible POW and as the day went on the snow firmed up, but it was still great. Most of the runs we did were long, 2,500 vertical feet. A few were shorter to bump us over to another area. Their cat road system needs some work to get you up to the skiing faster and more runs. We did 5-6 runs each day with the last day ending early due to change over day. We even skied a run that no one has ever been down, it was incredible. If your in OK shape then you would be happy with the vertical. If your a "rock star" you would be asking for more. All-in-all the operation is fantastic. Great food, accommodations, guiding and terrain. I highly recommend Keefer Lake.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Five star lodge, five star staff, five star cat. This place is something truly special and I’m often daydreaming about when I’ll get to go back. The experience they’ve created at Keefer in just a few short years is incredible. You’d think Jeff and his team were in their tenth year of operation.

We had heavy snow every day, and Jeff and Levi always managed to get us to the best and safest terrain they could put us on. While I haven’t been on other Cat trips, I’ve heard plenty of stories of sketchy situations from others. This is real backcountry and you want to be doing it with people who are professionals and value safety first and foremost. Our tail guide Levi always seemed to know who was about to end up in trouble, and Jeff found the goods with a generally unstable snowpack around us. Beyond the lodge and crew, the most promising part about Keefer is their Tenure. They have so much terrain to still develop that this place will get better year after year.

Can’t wait to go back, and thanks again to the team for an awesome trip!

~Alex

Jeff G, Manager at Gostlin Keefer Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Thanks Alex! We will let Levi know. We look forward to hosting you again. Ski with you soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Great snow, great terrain, great lodge, great guide, great cat = great shredding. I have been snowboarding since the beastie boys came out and I had one of the best days of my life at Keefer Lake. World class riding. Can't say enough about how well this operation is put together and how sick and deep and steep the riding is. Thanks to Jeff and all his staff for an amazing experience.

Jeff G, Manager at Gostlin Keefer Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your comments gotrum. Maybe the Beastie Boys did say it best: "Sometimes I feel as though I've been blessed Because I'm doing what I want, so I never rest" -- Root Down . . . at Keefer any time. :)

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at keefer lake. The snow was incredible while we were there. I had reached out to Nicole last minute when we saw how conditions were and she was able to accommodate. I would not suggest “our “ last minute plan but would say keefer lake lodge had the snow and great people. All very friendly and knowledgeable and really had a cool mountain vibe.

Thanks for visiting Mark. You are correct, Nicole is awesome! :) We will pass on your kind words to her. Glad we were able to accommodate your last minute plans. Please visit any time.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

We loved our weeklong catskiing trip with Gostlin Keefer Lake Lodge! Most folks stay 3-4 nights but we were very happy to be there for a week. All expectations were exceeded. The skiing was fantastic and we skied open terrain as well as tight trees. The guides are fun and professional. Safety is their priority. The cats are very well equipped and the drivers are helpful and friendly. The main lodge and Pinnacles buildings are modern in decor, beautiful and so comfortable. Great chef and kitchen staff. Every meal as well as snacks and apps were delicious with lovely presentation. In fact, the entire staff is above par - so fun to be around and so helpful - extremely service oriented. This was our best ski adventure ever and we will surely return. All you have to bring to the table is a good sense of adventure. Then you just ski, eat and sleep - and hot tub, sauna, hang out at the bar and get a massage. It was perfect! Thanks to all of you!

Jeff G, Owner at Gostlin Keefer Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Thanks Barbara and John! The staff are all pretty awesome, and yes, the food is off the charts good. We'll be ready and waiting for you with your favourite drink and some more delicious treats for your next visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Keefer did an amazing job. For only being open 2 years, the lodge and skiing experience is on par with the best Heli experiences in Canada. The tree skiing was tight in places, but I would imagine Keefer was plans to glade more whenever they can. The staff connected with the guests in ways I've never experienced. We had a ton of fun on the mountain and after skiing. We stayed in the new Pinnacle rooms. They were just finished and look great. Nice to be away from the rest of the world and just connect with friends while skiing. I liked that the Pinnacle rooms had no WiFi. Sometimes we need to force ourselves to disconnect.

My only suggestion to Keefer would be to improve WiFi in the main Lodge when we do need to connect.

To Jeff, Willy, Juice, Nicky, Ennis, Dave and Jonny: You helped create a lifetime of memories. And sorry the USA beat up so bad on your Womens Hockey team!

Thanks Chris - that's awesome! We'll let the team know you had a great trip - they'll be stoked to know you really enjoyed your cat skiing trip with us. You're right, the Pinnacles Lodge is nice and quiet and the Main Lodge can be a little more lively and social... We've got to let someone else win in hockey every once in a while just to be good sports!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

We couldn't have better conditions: new snow, sun, good friends, and a great professional and friendly team!

From our friendly team... thanks! :-)

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Fantastic 4 days at Keefer Lake Lodge. Three good friends and I converged there for a guys trip with and that’s definitely the way to go. Not really a family kind of vibe. Also, you need to be a pretty strong skier to have fun in this terrain. (Key word: TREES!)

Overall a very good ski experience. Some of the best skiing of my life, in fact. Yes, there were some dud runs in there. And we skied a *LOT* of trees — not my favorite. But the snow was amazing and there were some moments of true powder bliss. Like, ‘I can’t stop giggling because this is so fun’ kind of runs.

As great as the skiing is, I really thought the highlight was the staff. The guiding was truly top notch, which I expected. What I didn’t expect was the fun, authentic, extremely warm and personal experience that the whole staff created, both on the mountain and back at the lodge. It kind of felt like a cross between a college ski club and a 5-star resort. They were professional and took great care of us, but they also dove right in and partied with us like we’d been friends for years. Special shots out to a few of the folks who made a huge mark on our trip: Nicky, Nicole, Willy, Juice, Ennis, and Dave. You guys ROCK. Thanks so much for the amazing experience! Can’t wait to do it again.

Thanks Dave! Our whole team love what they do and we love making sure our awesome guests have the best experience they've ever had cat skiing. It's a 5-star luxury lodge that still feels relaxed - like you're just at a friend's house hanging out and having a good time. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Keefer Lake Lodge is a true gem. The brand new, gorgeous lodge makes for the most luxuriously comfy home. The skiing is amazing with great guides and killer cats to get you there. The entire staff is friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable and dedicated to making sure all guests have a great time. Top it off with killer food and a great bar and it is a dream ski trip! A must go!

Thanks Amiee - it was awesome having your crew at the lodge. See you again soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Absolutely awesome experience! As an industry professional on a rare foray as a guest, I can say with confidence that Keefer delivers the goods! Open bowls, alpine chutes, well-spaced glades and old growth cedar forests ... hard to imagine all that diverse terrain fits into one place. The lodge is stunning, and perfectly positioned for fast access to the smorgasbord of terrain. And you can drive right up to the front door to check in, too easy! The guides are down to earth, fun professionals, and know how to cater to different interests (they found me places to get a little sendy :) The incredible food, attentive lodge service, baller snow-cat and mind-melting sauna surpassed all my wildest dreams! Photographer Jeremie shreds as well as he shoots and magically captured some forever memories. Keefer strikes me as a still relatively undiscovered gem, about to go HUGE. Thanks to Jeff and the whole team for the time of my life!

Jeff G, Owner at Gostlin Keefer Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Wow - you've got us blushing! We're continually working on building a great program and an unmatched experience, and it is great to know that our industry peers like what we're doing. Thanks so much for the feedback - we look forward to seeing you again soon!