“Worst experience ever”
Review of Hotel I Ciliegi

Hotel I Ciliegi
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ciliegi
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Tiny rooms with even tinier bathrooms. Horrible experience. This was the worst hotels we had to stay in during our trip. The lifts are so tiny. The place seemed more like a hostel for high school students. Breakfast served was equally bad. Staff was so rude upon seeing a little bit of hot chocolate that spilled on the machine tray. Not my recommendation.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2014

he main reason I stayed in this hotel was because it is located just next to the motorway exit, near the "famous" outlet The Mall. We we were planning to visit the outlet, but we decided to skip it, since we already visited it several times, we arrived late in the afternoon and the weather was coldish, rainy and depressing.

Having no reason left to stay in Reggello, we found we had chosen the wrong hotel. The room, like the whole hotel, looks old and worn. The wardrobe was badly assembled and the room was bare of amenities. The bathroom had cracked tiles on the floor, the flush for the toilet was a dusty plastic board, stuck half way to the ceiling (never saw one of those before) and also near breaking up. Finally, the faucet of the tap leaked. At least, we had hot water...However, if you suffer from insomnia, the proximity of the motorway may help you falling asleep counting cars entering and exiting the motorway.

Then a bus full of noisy oriental tourists arrived, presumably coming back from the mall. The group disembarked blabbering loudly. This further added to our discomfort. Breakfast was included, but we waited for the bus to depart before we ventured to the restaurant. It never stopped raining for our entire stay, adding to the melancholic feeling of a wasted day. I felt sorry for the staff, as they were polite and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

I had the absolute misfortune to stay here two nights ago while on a group tour. The hotel lobby looked nice, homely. The lift was tiny as expected. But nothing prepared me for the dismal state of the rooms! The door was difficulty to open and from the state of the door frame I guess the previous occupants had the same problem. The carpet was threadbare, and absolutely grey! I dunno if it was due to the state of uncleaniless or the original colour. The room was tiny and the furniture looked like it was used since 1970s. there is even a picture of an antique fan to add to the datedness. When I took my shoes off I immediately put them in again because the carpet felt so filthy! 4 stars my foot! This is a 2 star motel and nothing else! Never come here if u can help it!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Located in the mortorway/freeway. Its about 20 km from Florence.
Surrounding area is decent too, good for a stopover.

Lobby a/with the bar is quite good. Eating area is in the basement !

Room are quite big & comfortable. Very pleasing and helpful receptionist
Hotel is equipped with wi-fi, a usual stuff nowadays.

Lot of groups travelling by bus stay here, so it gets noisy at times.
Overall, it was a nice and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms closer to elevator, as due to groups checking in/out, it gets noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kilroy_Mariner
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Very simple hotel, 3 stars, outdated very noisy, no Aircon, no Internet, ...
Breakfast just basic..
Osteria de Giusti just next, really exceptional - Great Food!

For the ones targeting to vist The Mall, brand outlet, this place very convenient!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you're not looking to spend much time in the hotel and want to stay outside of Florence, then this is a good choice for you. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are a good size with ensuite shower and toilet. It was nothing special but was not dire either.

The hotel is a good distance from the centre of Florence. 30 minutes by train and 1 hour and ten minutes by bus to be more precise. If you have the time to get the bus I would highly recomend it, even though going up the mountains feels like the Italian Job (orginal not remake), the views are magnificent.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We read bad reviews for the hotel and tried to keep an open mind going into our stay. Surrounding area seemed decent. Hotel lobby and eating area not so bad. Nice receptionist. Went to room (for family of five) and big enough. Downsides were, however, as follows: 1) Noise all night long as they had to situate us right next to the elevators for a family of five. Fortunately, we were so exhausted, we were able to sleep through most of it. 2) Lost electricity at night and didn't get it back in all outlets before leaving the next morning. Be sure to bring a flash light just in case. We had a hard time finding a hotel for a family of five so we might consider returning if we couldn't find anything else, but we would definitely insist on staying well away from the elevators.

Don & Julie

Room Tip: Definitely be sure your room is away from the elevators or you may have a
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DonandJulie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciliegi
0.1 km away
5.2 km away
Villa Rigacci
Villa Rigacci
#1 of 12 in Reggello

Been to Hotel I Ciliegi? Share your experiences!