All reviews burger king laundry service option taxi chinese business
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Arriving at the hotel, I was concerned that it would just be a repackaged Chinese chain hotel (like an Ibis in Hangzhou that I recently visited). However, that was not the case, and I felt like I was actually staying at an IHG property.

The room was spacious, with a comfortable bed. It had a decent working desk with a reasonably comfortable chair, which as a business traveler I appreciate. The large shower was also appreciated, as was the slightly funky decor, which helped imprint the room with some international flair.

Staff diligently expressed appreciation for my loyalty to the IHG brand, and extended the same courtesies (daily welcome drink; late checkout) to all persons in our party - which again I greatly appreciated.

The location was not great; the neighborhood is humdrum, with lackluster dining options. Then again, Nantong did not appear to have any areas that were much better; if desperate, take a taxi to the mall with the Starbucks and Burger King.

Finally, I should note that one of my colleagues availed himself of the laundry service, and it did not arrive at the promised time (but luckily was there before we left).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
南通星湖智选假日酒店, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nantong Xinghu, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you were impressed with good service. Our hotel is a mid-end hotel. Your feedback is very important to us, we already shared your comments to our manager . We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Came here for business at a nearby chemical plant. The staffs English is not the greatest but they are very friendly. Check in and check out was easy. If they get busy they immediately call for extra desk people. They always had an English speaker nearby.
The breakfast was pretty good. An English breakfast mixed with a typical Chinese one. All buffet style. Fried eggs can be had if asked for, because the lady who prepares the noodle bowls in the corner uses them. Otherwise it’s boiled eggs on the buffet. Toast, coffee, tea. Highly recommend the steamed buns. Fruit. And the usuals.
The laundry is free. Whether you use their machines or have them do it. It’s free.
My company gave me a taxi business card to call. The staff called them everyday for me, which is good because the driver didn’t speak English. In fact most of nantong doesn’t .
Room was clean and nice. Some people car about how recently rooms have been redone.... I’d say this hotel probably hasn’t been renovated in awhile. But it was very clean. The room was cleaned everyday. They even accommodate the fact that o worked at night and slept during the day .
My company has had this hotel a lot. Great price.
Across and down the street are MANY places to eat . Nearby by ones have English on the menu. Further away is a 50/50 chance. I ate at a few that didn’t but the staff tried real hard to help you .
In all I can’t think of any thing bad. All of China is under construction so at night you can hear some noise but it never woke me. When I slept in the day it was very noisy outside in the street, but it wasn’t the hotels fault.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
南通星湖智选假日酒店, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nantong Xinghu, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and leave your valuable comments for us. As a member of the Intercontinental Hotel, the hotel staff greet every customer with high enthusiasm every day,. If you have any suggestions , we are also very welcome to contact us at any time, we must bear in mind. Thank you again for your support and encouragement, we sincerely look forward to your visit again, wish you a happy life.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

This is my second stay in this hotel.. Rooms are small but comfortable..Internet is free. They provide basic bathroom toiletries (Toothbrush, Paste, Comb).. If you are business traveller than you may like this for family or couples, it might not be good option..

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
南通星湖智选假日酒店, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nantong Xinghu, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. And if there is anything wrong during your stay please don't hesitate to contact our front desk, we will try our best to help.We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2015

I have stayed here for several months and the rooms are smallish but comfortable with free WIFI.
The price is discounted if staying longer than 7 days around 260RMB / night
includes breakfast.
breakfast is ordinary but does the job.
Good laundry service and close to local restaurants and bars suited to westerners.
English speaking at the Hotel is limited but just enough if your patient.

Room Tip: Best view on the eastern side but a little noisy
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
南通星湖智选假日酒店, Ihg Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Nantong Xinghu, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Dear guest, thank you for your stay in Holiday Inn Express Nantong Xinghu and your detailed comments. We are glad you you are almost satisfied with the hotel. As a member of Intercontinental Hotel Group, it is managed by global unified standards. It offer free breakfast, free internet access, cool shower and high-quality sleep etc.. Thank you for your forgiveness of our defects, like smallish room, ordinary breakfast and English speaking guests. We will make progress to better meet customers' demand. Hope your next arrival would be an ever-lasting memory full of delights. Have a nice day. IHG Social Listening Team

Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

Nice enough facility. Probably qualifies as a 3 star hotel most places. Feels a little industrial with huge stickers in the bathroom that say "caution wet floor", "please don't throw the toothbrush and others to the toilet bowl" (sic), etc.

The incident in the title led me to write this review. Hotel staff, can you do something about the garbage trucks?

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business