“Simple, clean and stratagic location”

Hotel Crystal Court
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Madikeri
Thane, Mumbai
“Simple, clean and stratagic location”
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Hi, I went to visit Coorg with my family and couple of friends. I went with my car Scorpio and most of the road journey was scenic and smooth. Hotel was marked as 2/3 star on some web sites hence I booked it. When we checked, it looked simple and no frills. It is situated on a hill with good valley view from the terrace. Rooms were OK but not upto the mark with the rates charged to us. Food quality was good. Room service was average sometimes below average. Thalacauvery and few other places of Medikeri was in close by distance. Overall our stay was for 2 nights hence i say it was average or just below average certainly not a value for money.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shailesh_Malhar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bangalore
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Negatives:
--------------
They charge 1500 per room . The rooms are not worth that much by any means. Service was poor .. Had to ask everything twice to get things done. eg. no towel in Bathroom.. etc..

They charge different rates for cars for different people. We hired a car. Midway through the trip they said that extra money is required else they won't take us. We suffered a lot.

Positives:
--------------
Food is awesome. :Location of the hotel is good. Close to Bus stand.

• Liked — Food. We had non-veg mostly. It was the only reason we continued staying there
  • Disliked — Service, room quality. Car rental experience was horrible. They cheated us. It was pathetic
  • Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank EFreak

Travellers are raving about these Madikeri hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We have just returned from a week at the Crystal Court. The hotel is strategically located and good if you want to be connected to travel in and around Madikeri and connected to Talacauvery and Kushal Nagar. The climate was fantastic with a slight drizzle and the rooms were reasonably comfortable for the price tag. With the holiday season, It was so busy there, we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.

We were just expecting a few nibbles but breakfast is a lovely spread of south indian, although it does not come complimentary.

We paid $50 per night for a nice cozy room with all basic amenities which we thought excellent value. There were 1 double bed and 1 single to accomodate our kid as well.

Overall I would say this is could probably best value for money if you ever were to consider going to coorg on a holiday.

• Liked — Well connected and value for the price... centrally located
  • Disliked — Food and Beverage service could be improved
  • Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Hi Friends!
I had gone for a short trip to Coorg on 22nd and 23rd Dec 09 and had stayed in hotel Crystal Court. I thought it important to share my experiences there so that you can be prepared before you arrive there.
Crystal Court, Madikeri looks pretty decent and its food deserves the praise that you can hear around the town. Their food is fantastic and has a large variety to choose from. Don't forget to order the dish of your choice with some lip smacking buttered chapatis. But be prepared to go through hell if you are expecting even the basic level of service quality from them! If you are staying there, do remember to carry your own shampoos and matchboxes...these are two things which they do not provide...please don't ask me why for I don't know the weird reason! The hotel has an acute shortage of staff and it gets really terrible when there's a rush in the restaurant. The hotel has an in-house bar which serves variety of liquor at rock bottom prices! You can also order food/drinks in your room but don't expect it to arrive before 30-45 mins and 3-4 reminders, at least thats what I had to go through :( Room tarriff is a little higher than average, but I must repeat my praises for the food...its simply super-tasty!

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank abhijeetkol
Secunderabad
Reviewed 25 June 2008

This review is for all those people, who want to go to Coorg for a holiday but are unable to decide about their accommodation. If you intend to stay in Madikeri then the best option according to my experience would be the, Hotel Crystal Court. The tariff is very reasonable and the rooms are neat and clean.

The rooms are very basic and if you are looking for something luxurious, then this is not the place. Hotel Crystal Court is centrally located yet it feels like you are far away from the hustle bustle of everyday life.

Before I embarked on my road trip to Coorg, I did a lot of research on the web for a decent place to stay. I did get results and I wanted to see more pictures of Hotel Crystal Court to finalize my trip but I was unable to find any decent pictures. It was at that very moment that I had decided to take a few good pictures of Hotel Crystal Court and post it on a website for everyone to see and help them to make a decision about their accommodation.

The best way to discover Coorg is to drive down there. All the popular sight seeing destinations other than Abbey Falls, Raja’s Seat and Omkareshwar Temple are atleast 30 to 35 kms away, so going by road is a boon, as one can discover the ‘Scotland of India’ at your own pace and time.

The reception staff at Hotel Crystal Court were very helpful and a special mention must be made about Mr.Deepak, who made our stay very comfortable. If you have any problems, regarding how to get to your sight seeing destinations, you can contact Mr.Girish who is always ready to assist you.

Through this review, I hope I am able help others, who want to holiday in Coorg at a nominal price.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The same breakfast everyday (complimentary)
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank SecbadRoadie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madikeri
1.6 km away
Prestige Residency, Madikeri
0.0 km away
La Flora Prakruth Resort
La Flora Prakruth Resort
#22 of 53 in Kodagu (Coorg)

Been to Hotel Crystal Court? Share your experiences!