We had been to Victorian verandaz during February 2nd week. We really enjoyed the stay there. The main highlights : Amazing hosts - Mrs Diana and Mr Thimmaiah , nice and clean rooms and bathrooms ; splendid Estate stay , good Coorgi food .
Right from the time I started enquiring Mrs Diana regarding the stay I really got a very good response . We were 2 couples visiting Coorg and all 4 of us were very excited about the trip. After seeing the homestay we were glad that we booked it. It is beautiful, serene and calm . If you plan to visit coorg and would not prefer to go for any nearby sghtseeing and just relax in the Homestay ,it would be a perfect getaway from the city. We wanted to go for all the sight seeing because it was first time we were visiting Coorg. Had we stayed in the homestay for longer time we would have enjoyed it even more.
Food was good. Breakfast was what we liked the most. Mrs Diana prepared Kadamputtu for breakfast which was delicious.There was also bread butter and Jam for breakfast. They serve both veg and non vegetarian food, but since we are pure vegetarians we had informed her at the same time of booking. For dinner we had Akki Otti ( Akki roti) , Curry, Ghee rice, Stuffed Capsicum and Alu (This was really tasty) and Gulab Jamoon.
The way the dining table was arranged by her was even more impressive.
Mr Thimmaiah took for a plantation tour on both days and we were spellbound to see its beauty.
Overall Highlights of the estate :
1) Cozy, Clean and neat Bed and Bathrooms
2) Great "verandah" to chat and enjoy the serene atmosphere during free time.
3) There is a small stream flowing in the estate which later forms a small and beautiful water falls within the estate and its a fun to go there in the mornings . You ll have a good trek :)
4) You will get to see different types of coffee plantations and Mr Thimmaiah will explain about every tree/plant in his estate with such a lot of interest.
5) Finally, the best thing we liked about the stay was the hospitality and friendliness of Mrs Diana and Mr Thimmaiah. They were very polite and friendly throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verandah is typical of British colonial architecture. It allows us to enjoy the outdoors in a protected manner. We get to relax and enjoy the scenery, without being troubled by sunlight or rain.Victorian Verandaz is a pretty little cottage with a lovely verandah in front. It is designed for guests to rest and play in safety and comfort. This cottage is tucked in next to a planter’s bungalow. A bungalow that has played host to Coorg’s bold and beautiful for over a 100 years. Coorg aristocracy, British officials, army officers and planters have gathered here many a time. To discuss state affairs, hunt and feast.Victorian Verandaz is built on top of a slope and offers a view of thickly wooded slopes. Surrounding it, is a typical coffee plantation with lakes, a nursery, drying yards and the sounds of Birds.Let Coorg slow your heartbeat and make your mind sit back and rest in relief. Unwind in the pleasant climate at 4,200 feet. We extend you a warm welcome to Victorian Verandaz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Victorian Verandaz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.