“Extremely Cheap” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naga Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Naga Bungalows
Chicago
“Extremely Cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

This place is so cheap, reserve a room with Air Conditioning and just enjoy yourself. Bring plenty of bug repellent, it's more like camping than anything, but no one bothers you and the folks are nice. The only valuable I had was my passport so I didn't pay much attention to the security as others have mentioned.

The BIGGEST detractor: Filthy dogs running wild all over the place. Seriously, some of them are scary and one of the females was in heat so all the males were fighting each other. The dogs actually had sex on our porch and yes, there were fluids. GROSS.

Room Tip: Pay for the Air Con.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Naga Bungalows seamed a great place for us. Comfortable, affordable bungalows, a decent restaurant and a nice bar on the other side of the road. But that's where our problems started. The staff at Naga Bar was really friendly and we spent some time there at Fridaynight, when they had muay thai boxing games going on there. Back then, the staff was already too interested in our camera etc. On Saturdaynight we were eating in the Naga restaurant and the Naga staff was constantly walking up and down to the rooms, but we were'nt paying attention to that. When we got back in the rooms we saw a Naga staff member walking away from our appartement en when we got in we found out that someone forced the window of our appartment and stole our money and camera. When we informed the manager she acted really strange and was not willing to help us. Obviously it is a complot. So be warned: Naga staff is friendly in your face, but steals your stuff behind your back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank Nan D

Travellers are raving about these Ko Samet hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed there for 4 days and got my legs eaten alive... I thought they were Mosquitos but it turned out that they were actually bed bugs. Other than that the location is stellar, no one bothers you, and it's pretty cheap.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Needtravelmore
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were so cute - like a wooden shack in a tree with a mattress and mosquito net - all very clean. The shared bathrooms weren't so bad either, so for the price I paid, it was great. The staff were lovely too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I really enjoyed staying at Naga´s during my trip to Koh Samet. I chose to stay in the cheapest bungalow, 350 Baht/day (high season). I knew what to expect from a fan only bungalow w shared bathrooms and I was pleased with what I ended up with.

Nice employees, close to the beach, many other young lone travelers to hang with.

A good thing is that you can stay on a day-to-day basis. If you want another night you get it. That is good for a popular place like Naga´s.
It might not suit those who mind walking in stairs, or share bathrooms. But if you are on a tight budget you get a great experience for your money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank skks s
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Iv livid and worked at this resort for three years so I'm gonna sound a bit biased. reading some of the negative reviews here so would like to put a few things straight. The English lady that owns the place is not snappy and possibly the most loving and giving person you could ever wish to meet. It can get a bit tiresome wen people ask the most silliest questions like " how do I get to the mainland? Do I need to get a boat?" come on guys, it's not that hard to work out. And as for the staff bein lazy, I can assure they work harder than anywhere else in Thailand. They work to a English standard and are super helpful. I could honestly get at least a hundred people who agree and still go back every single year. Very basic yer but surly that's wot you want wen back packing to Asia

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank Nagawoodz
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Thought Ko Samet was lovely, pretty unspoilt. Stayed very close to beach in one of the huts, which was fine, and a fantastic price.
Didn't eat at the restaurant on site, because the older lady, the mother had such a bad, lazy attitude, I thought asking her for anything extra would be painful.
Her daughter was pretty helpful, but this woman, just could not be bothered with guests at all, not just me, saw it with other guests too.
When I left, I said 'thank you and bye' and there was just an uninterested grunt from her.
Can't understand their attitude.
I have worked plenty of service type jobs back in the UK and while they're not the most exciting or well paid, I have always tried to be polite and helpful!

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo