“Jeps Bungalows”
Review of Jep's Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Jep's Bungalows
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Perhaps it's just for sentimental value or location but I have always loved coming to Jep's Bungalows. Don't expect the greatest service or the best rooms but the location and beach speaks for itself. From memory it was 1000 baht for a decent room with A/C and buffet breakfast.
At dinner/lunch your order will take ages to get to you and the waiters will kick each other to get one another to do work but seriously do you have an appointment to run off to? Somewhere else to be?

You get what you pay for and this is still an excellent low/mid range place to stay on the island.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dominic_Sidor

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The price of Jep's Bungalow is fair for me. The breakfast, which was included, was good. Just around 25m away from the beach, So we enjoyed the time at the beach. The room and bathroom was good, clean (lucky us). The hotel service are okay. During our stayed just be aware of the uncountable mosquitos it so BiG, millepede (I found 2 in my room :-P) and insect. You'll feel like stay in the jungle :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jipatcherdchu
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Although we were warned about the Mosquitos we still underestimated what we were up against, the place was nice but in the jungle so please prepare. The food was excellent both the inclusive breakfast as well as what is ordered off the menu, the staff are nice enough, Take a torch though because as in many places here the electric is known to go off REGULARLY.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed in a backpacker room which was cheap 300 B. overall, the island was a dump but this review is for the accommodation only.

Pros- surrounds are relatively pleasant if you can avoid the death stares from the staff members.

Cons- the floor had wood look Lino stuck down with band aids (seriously!), because it wasn't stuck down properly it was really dirty. The walls were dirty, the floor looks like its never had a mop, and the windows don't shut (Mosquitos are bad on this Island). Shared bathroom was average in cleanliness compared to the room.

The absolute worse thing though is the staff! They were so cold you could almost freeze standing next to them. No smiles, no helpfulness and They seemed to think they were doing me a favour renting me that room.

The whole of koh samet is like an old English seaside town but in Thailand. It's run down, tired, and most the people who work there seem short of a few. Give it a miss is my advice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anikad123
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We were at Jep's Bungalow for 4 nights in June 2013. It's off-season and the whole island isn't very crowded. The price of Jep's Bungalow is really fair compared to other accommodations on the island. The breakfast, which was included, was good and beside Thai dishes several Western dishes (Pancakes, French Toast etc.) were offered.
Our Bungalow was just around 25m away from the beach. As the whole area of Jep's Bungalow is not located at the main beach, it was overall quite and we enjoyed the time at the beach.
During our stay of 4 days our Bungalow wasn't - even once - cleaned so that it was very sandy at the end.

(Be aware of the uncountable mosquitos.)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AvonF01
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and daughter for 4 nights at beginning of April! We stayed in a family bungalow which is down near reception area, so very handy indeed!
Rooms are basic, so as long as your happy with that then there should be no problem, we weren't there to sit in the room so we didn't mind at all!
There was an air con unit in room but it wasn't amazing but at the same time we wouldn't have been without it! There was also two fans over each bed with were very welcomed in that heat!
Bed was very hard,so I took blanket off bed and put over mattress and slept with just duvet cover over us which made the bed a little more comfortable- also pillows were a little hard (and I'm not a fussy person)
Besides that- location and price was excellent! Staff were very friendly and helpful! We availed of the laundry service which was 80baht per kilo (approx £1.70) and dropped to reception in morning & was back the same evening!
The bungalows are on one side of a road/lane/dirt track which are what the roads on koh samet all are and just across the narrow road is the beach bar/restuarant/breakfast area!
Breakfast was a good choice of food from French toast,pancakes, cereal, Thai food, fruit,yogurt,toast,croissants, fruit juice, tea and coffee. We were very happy with the choices available! Food in the bar area was great and fab prices too, the menu was extensive so there sure to be something to please everyone!
The beach was beautiful and the sunbirds/parasols were 30baht per person as Long as you used the jeps ones on left hand side as you face the sea, the ones on right (nearest bar and jeps bungalow sign on beach) are 100baht per person as they are privately owned!
We ventured over to other side of island to watch the sunset which was lovely- well worth a trip, it only takes about 5-10 mins and cost approx 200baht in the pick up truck taxis, the resort on other side of island in ao prao is beautiful and we had lovely cocktails (they have cocktail happy hour) and they had our dinner in the Italian restuarant (lovely way to spend an evening)
Over all this accommodation is basic so don't expect anything fancy, but price,location,beach, and onsite restuarant make up for that - who goes on holiday to sit and look at their room anyway!!! I'd definitely stay here again if I go back to koh samet!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank littlebunny
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Jep’s Bungalows are not down by the beach. They are clustered across the track on a jungly, mosquito-infested slope and even the so-called “family bungalows” are not stand-alone detached units.
We stayed for four nights but in all that time sheets and towels were never changed. Ironically, on the morning I signed out, I had to wait at reception for ten minutes while our “bungalow” was checked over. They were clearly not checking to see if there had been any maid service!
That unwelcome hold-up was as annoying as the overpriced internet access – 20 baht for ten minutes compared with the 20 baht for an hour I recently paid at a main street internet cafe in Kanchanaburi. Given the overpriced room rates at Jep’s Bungalows, internet access should have been totally free for paying guests.
Hotel and resort staff in Thailand are invariably very friendly and welcoming – showing that they recognise that guests are effectively paying their wages. However, at Jep’s Bungalows the staff in the restaurant and the reception staff were quite surly. One evening a waiter tried to take my daughter’s shopping bag from under our table and she was involved in a tug of war with him, having to insist “It’s mine!” before he backed off. On another day a different waiter brought us our afternoon food and drinks bill without being asked to do so and then said it was because they were busy. They clearly weren’t. Rudely, he had interrupted my holiday reading and then bizarrely he waited expecting a tip.
The breakfast buffet fayre was excellent and the white beach in front of the restaurant was superb with easy access to the beautiful luke warm sea. But it seems to me that Jep’s Bungalows is all about the money and somewhere along the line they have forgotten to treat visitors with the friendliness and respect they deserve. As I waited to book a round-the island speedboat trip, the older man behind reception – possibly Jep himself – seemed more intent on counting his wad of bank notes than giving me the service I was after. There must be much better and more fairly priced places to stay on Koh Samet.

Room Tip: My tip is not to visit Jep's Bungalows at all.Even the laughably named "family" units...