All reviews great spa great hotel enjoyed our stay half board slopes wellness
Reviewed January 10, 2016

Just returned from a wonderful weekend at the NockResort in Bad Kleinkirchheim! As I work in the tourist industry and travel min. 2 x per month, I'm a very critical person when it comes to hotels. This hotel amazed me! Clean and spacious rooms, very friendly staff, great wellness and spa area...much love put into winter decorations they have (as it's January)...loved the hotel bar, very cosy and relaxing atmosphere with a nice view. What impressed me most is the food! We booked a half board including afternoon "snack" as they call it. First of all, the snack is a good lunch - including a great salad buffet, soup and a warm meal. Secondly, dinner they served in the panorama restaurant was AMAZING! We were almost speechless :) Definitely under top 5 restaurants I ever had dinner in (and believe me, I eat a lot in good restaurants all over the world because of work). Altogether - a great 4* hotel with and outstanding cuisine! The hotel location is also perfect, both for skiers and people who like to take walks - many options! And if I can add - definitely the best 4* hotel in Bad Kleinkirchheim concerning exterior and interior (for service in other hotels I cant say because I didnt stay there, just went to take a look around). We didnt travel with kids, but from what I saw - great hotel for families with kids too.
Will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to my clients.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JacksonvilleJaguars
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

If you like a good, clean family oriented hotel, with immediate access to the slopes, this may very well be something for you. My family, with kids aged 3,7 and 9, did enjoy it and the friendly atmosphere in the restaurant. Party animals, and in particular singles looking for company, are much better off elsewhere. The reception was the only disappointment, they were thoroughly disinterested and not very helpful.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Carl Ö
Reviewed March 30, 2015

We stayed here for 3 days during our company outing in March. I don't ski, so I cannot speak for skiing conditions, but the hotel was really exceptionally nice and clean. Food was amazing and spa & wellness facilities really made it for me. There are two saunas and both have a view outside, so you can keep your eyes busy with cool views when working through your 15 minutes. Same goes for whirlpool and swimming pool.Staff was very professional and helpful. The only downside was very slow wi-fi.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2015

We had a great time in this fantastic hotel. There are a few small improvements though.

It's a really nice hotel located right at the ski slopes. The kids ski school is right next to the hotel as well. We had a room with a view towards the ski school and I could watch my youngest daughter ski from our balcony!
There's a slope that comes up right to the restaurant; perfect for (the free) lunch!

The room was spacious (Magdalena family room). The beds excellent; this was the first time I didn't have any neck or back problems on a skiing trip. The room looked renovated, but the bathroom was old. Everything was clean and worked well (including the shower).

The food was excellent. Breakfast buffet offered plenty of choice. Lunch was simple but enough to quickly eat something with the kids (1 soup, few salads and 1 warm dish).

We loved the fact that there was a children's buffet in the evenings that was available even before the normal dinner. We had our kids eat and after they finished they could go play in the kids club or we brought them to bed. That way we could enjoy our dinner quietly.

The pool and wellness area are great. We loved going to the pool in our complimentary bathrobes. So easy!

The hotel offers lots of fun for the kids. There is a large playground outside (only when there's not too much snow of course). Our kids loved the trampolines! The kid club was fun and there are several play area's for older children as well.

There are a few minor improvements for the hotel though. The internet connection is bad. It's free wifi, but you have to sign in every hour. It's extremely slow and when most guests are in the hotel, you couldn't log on most times ("too many connections" error).
The bathrooms in the Magdalena family rooms are really outdated... Time to renovate.

When we arrived, our rooms weren't ready. they kept telling us to come back in half an hour, but it took about 2 hours total... Reception was messy and unfriendly when we arrived. Probably because it was too busy. Later on they were friendly, but our first impression was not really good...
The diner for kids should start at 6pm every day. They were late opening up every day that we were there and when guests walked in at around 6.10pm they were annoyed and unfriendly. Probably better to just announce opening up at 6.15pm instead; that way no one expects the restaurant to be open and no one has to stand around waiting.

The information in the hotel about the facilitites was very limited: nothing in the hotel room. No flyers, information booklet or tv channel with information. You would have to look at the tv screen in reception or on the flyer on the breakfast table for information for the day whoch you couldn't take with you because it was also the paper were you had to chose dinner for the evening.

But those are just minor improvements. We had a great time and hope to return next year!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank DafnaFamily
Reviewed February 19, 2015 via mobile

When staying in hotel nock resort you must be lucky! We weren't ... We were staying with a group of 7 couples with kids. When we arrived we where the only one who's room was ready. Unfortunately that was because they gave us a totaly lived down room with zero comfort. When talking to the manager he would not give us an other room and he would not admit that he had better rooms! After seeing the rooms of the other couples we knew that the manager was not honnest at all. After a while he showed us a smaler room with more comfort that we could have but with no refund! So we switched rooms. I never feld so cheated in my whole life. In my opinion this is no hotel 4 stars worth!! This was my first and last time in nock resort. A management that treats his guests like that does not deserve my money.

Stayed: February 2015