All reviewsafternoon snackpool and jacuzzigreat mealcakesnew year's eveski busexcellent hotelspanewslettergermanwintercoursesmeatteasmountainskitzbuhelvillage
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Elizabeth is a beautiful, family friendly hotel. We enjoyed a wonderful stay here. We were also very lucky with Georg as our waiter every evening. He's great. Thanks guys for the wonderful time we spent with you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I paid a premium to visit this hotel over New Year but were left disappointed.

I always like to give praise where it's due, so will start with the positives. The hotel it's very well maintained and clean, and our contemporary room was well appointed (although it's a shame there are no views). The food was of a very high standard, and the apres ski snack was wonderful.

Now for the negatives. As I mentioned, we were staying for New Year's Eve and were really looking forward to the gala dinner - until we found we'd be sat at a table with a family when everyone else was sat with the people they were travelling with. Our table mates were lovely, but who wants to make small talk with strangers after booking a break as a couple? What added insult to injury was that my husband went and asked the manager if we could be moved, and the manager said he would come back to us and then never did...I think we'd still be waiting now!

As other reviewers have mentioned, everything here is in German, which is completely understandable. English menus/newsletters are available if you ask, but you'd think after seven days that the waiting staff may have been able to remember to provide these for us. We also had trouble communicating with our evening waitress, which resulted in us ending up with dishes we didn't want and missing out on those we did.

The spa facilities are very good but unfortunately during our stay the pool area was overrun with children. At one point there were three couples trying to relax in the jacuzzi and a dad and his son having a water pistol fight in the middle! Obviously it's a family friendly hotel, but perhaps it would make sense to limit the times children can use the pool as many other spa hotels do?

My final gripe, and the one that upset us the most, was when we came in after a long day skiing, picked up a snack and went to sit in the lobby bar, only to be told we couldn't sit there, or at the tables in the entrance, despite plenty of other non-English guests being sat there. The barmaid was very rude and physically tried to block us, despite the fact we were politely asking for an explanation as to why we couldn't sit there when others could, which I still don't understand.

Perhaps it was just a particularly stressful time for the staff as the hotel was so full, but unfortunately these issues put a dampener on our stay. Ordinarily I would have raised these issues with the manager but given his response to our complaint on the first night, I didn't feel there was any point.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cassock
Reviewed February 24, 2017

My fiance and I visited this place last December and loved it. So traditional and relaxing. Best to ask for a room with a balcony over the mountains. This was great over New Year's eve as we could watch 3 or 4 different fireworks outside from our balcony ! Fabulous. Lovely food and great service. Helpful staff. Wonderful gym space, spa and wellness centre to relax ! Lots of Saunas and Steam Rooms and great treatments. Just avoid the pool between 4 and 6pm when it can sometimes be quite crowded and noisy with kids jumping all over. The only drawback for us was the language as most of it was in German: Lunchtime menu, list of weekly activities, announcements on message board and instructions on the doors of the Wellness Centre/Saunas, labels of food on the buffet....all in German; my school German helped but maybe good to have some translation in English too ?
Thank you otherwise for a most relaxing time and a beautiful place. My fiance loved the Maserati test drive too :-) Definitely, a place to come back to...

Room Tip: Best to ask for a room with a balcony with a view over the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Having now reached the end of a wonderful week here in Hotel Elisabeth, I can only say it is a beautiful place to stay.
Having spent the last 20 years visiting Scheffau; less than 10km away, the change of venue makes me wish I had done it years before!!
The skiing here is, to my mind, more varied than Scheffau, although Kirchberg Ski School was a great disappointment; classes dangerously too large, with too greater a range in abilities to be safe for one instructor - cancelled the four days of lessons after the first lunch!!
However, despite this set back Hotel Elisabeth is a place to return for sure!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Outstanding family oriented hotel. Excellent service, food, and facilities. Great, nice and very clean spa and sauna with a large indoor swimming pool. Also outdoor one but in winter is better to stay indoor. Very recomendable for families and quiet people.

Stayed: January 2017
elisabeth_kirchberg, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Elisabeth, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Dear Dudua,