US$95
US$119
US$166
US$159
Orbitz.com
Hotel Garni Wieshof(Kirchberg)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$164
US$312
TripAdvisor
All reviewssun terracehalf board menuwonderful selectionwine list is shortsurrounding mountainslocal areatop floorhotel is locatedother guestsbarbaraskiweltwinterliftskiing
Reviewed August 8, 2015

This hotel is also known as "Gasthaus Spertendorf". The owners are the Lechners. If you are English speaking you will probably interface with Barbara Lechner. This is the finest hotel I have ever had the honor of staying at! Panoramic views of the alps in all directions. I requested a room with a balcony and was granted one at no extra expense, so was able to walk outside of my room and at any time see the magical mountains surrounding it. The room was comfortable and small.

The breakfast buffet was gourmet and of utmost excellence, clearly collected from local farms and providers - it was delicious! The hotel also offers a dinner, and while I originally signed up for it, I later opted not to take it, as I was not sure i could be back in time for it. The menu for dinner changed every day and looked excellent - offering classical Tirolean fair. You are given a reserved table, fancily dressed, with amazing views of the outside mountains. The wifi was fast and free. Perhaps the only issue with the hotel itself was it lacked air conditioning seemingly, although I just cracked the door to the outside balcony and it cooled my room off fine! The traditional build of the hotel was absolutely enchanting for an American who rarely encounters such wonderful Austrian woodwork and loves the smell of pine.

Perhaps the best selling point of the hotel was the service. Barbara Lechner will give you a briefing on the local area when you first arrive and provide numerous guide maps, brochures and answer a variety of questions. She will help build an itinerary for you. Arriving relatively unprepared I can say that she was invaluable in making my trip in the Kitzbuhel alps an exceptional one. Her family even offered to drive me to/from the Kirchberg train station which is about a 25 minute walk away, which I declined out of courtesy. I feel like Barbara was "on call" to help this relatively clueless American - which was especially useful considering all the guests at the hotel appeared to be German speaking.

The price of the hotel is very low compared to the quality - and I am already making arrangements to come back soon.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2015

We had an excellent service, enjoyed it every time we came here. Food is fresh and tasty, but nobody can beat the speed of the service. Wherever we go, we measure it against service level of in particular Miss Elisabeth. Your glass will never be empty, which is a bit tricky.... They were always ready to accommodate all of our requirements, allergies, food and dring preferences.

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We got excellent service from the owner of the hotel. We were taken from the trainstation by car to the hotel and back when we left the hotel next morning. The family room was spacious, there was everything needed (Wifi, many beds and it also had a balcony). For the dinner you could order a menu (Soap, salad buffet, main course and dessert) for only 10 euros or order from a list. The breakfast was ok.

This hotel is a great choice if it doesn't need to be in the central (1.5km from the central).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a wonderful family run hotel. Exceptional friendly service is provided in a relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are spotless with great attention to comfort. The quality of the food served is fantastic. After booking online the comunication with the hotel was very good, who promptly answered all our queries. With spectacular views of the Alps, we would definitely put this hotel on one of the overall nicest we have spent a weekend in! Well done to all at the hotel, and thank you for a lovely short break.

Room Tip: The best rooms are excellent value for money with fabulous views and private large terrace
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on a half board basis over New Year 2009/10. I found and booked it through Venere.com. We had a week skiing and wanted the All Star Pass to travel around, so wanted a centralish base. Kirchberg was the destination.
Firstly, I emailed the hotel and ordered 2 x 6 day ski passes and a parking space to be reserved, as we didn't want to fight for a space after such a long journey. Both were dealt with immediately and the day before arrival we received an email wishing us a pleasant journey.
On arrival, we were given a warm welcome by Barbara Lechner (the owner) and she moved her own vehicle, with which she had reserved a space for us. We arrived in time for evening meal, and our table for the week was in a quiet corner of the dining room and we were seen to immediately, where a cold beer was promptly ordered! Although we spoke fluent german, the menu was in English everyday and we conversed between the 2 languages.
We were in room 301, which was on the top floor and was a wonderfully quiet location. Although there were many children in the hotel, we heard nothing and slept soundly every night.
Breakfast was plentiful for a full days skiing. Tinned fruit (I agree, not the best), yogurts, cereals, hams, cheeses, fruit juices, hot bacon, sausages (municher), scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, cakes & pastries, selection of fresh rolls. I took my own teabags, but there were a variety of teas and the coffee was good and plentiful. The evening meal was a 3 course affair, normally a meat, fish or veg menu. The food was ok, but nothing to get excited about.
We popped into the small bar area on a couple of afternoons after a day on the slopes. The gin & tonic was reasonably priced compared to some ski areas, and was poured with ice & lemon, which is a rarity!
The wellness centre at the hotel was ok, but we drove round to Ellmau and did a couple of 4-hour sessions in the Kaiserbad. Fantastic!
We went skiing at Skiwelt, Kitzbuehl, Saalbach and Schneewinkl at St. Johan and found this to be a great location. The ski bus is about 5 mins walk from the hotel.
We walked into the village and it took about 25 minutes, across the field and up through the station. The M Preis supermarket is also by the station. Kirchberg is a small, pleasant village with some loud apres ski bars, the Robin Hood and the London Pub, Coconuts and the Alibi were frequented by us for a few tiples and some foot stamping to the old schlager (eurotrash) music! Love it!
Only down side, as mentioned by the other guest, was the heat in the hotel. Although we were in minus temperatures, we had 2 windows open all night, as the room was unbearably hot! Underfloor heating with no thermostat control!
Other than that, this is a warm, friendly hotel, which is excellent value in my opinion. The serving staff in the dining room are also prompt, friendly and proffesional. The hotel put on a great firework display New Years.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple