All reviews cable car personnel winter glacier skiing
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay on this hotel with my husband. This hotel is perfectly situated, very near to glacier lifts. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We also had our dinners on the hotel restaurant and really valued them. Breakfast was also perfect.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2016

We spent four nights in The Hotel Neuhintertux in April.
Generally, the place offers quite good (but perhaps not excellent) quality of rooms, food and service. Superb location for skiers, I can not think what others could do there, as there is not much more to do, especially at that time of the year, when you can not walk in the mountains.
We were there during the low season (and rather bad weather), so the hotel was about 70% full during the weekend, and about 30-40 % on Monday and Tuesday.

What I was disappointed with, was the sauna area - quite small for the hotel of this size, must be very crowded when the hotel is full. Would you believe that the only silent room has only six beds ? Ok, they are waterbeds, so pleasant, but hey, six beds to relax in silence is a joke ! Besides, the door to the silent room does not close properly, so the silence is problematic when people talk outside.
To provide the honest info - yes, there are quite many beds around the swimming pool (probably some 25-30 of them), but it is always rather loud there, just like at any pool at any hotel accepting kids.

Still, the hotel is better than Alpenbad Hotel Hohenhaus (also located in the area), so if you have a choice, go to the Hotel Neuhintertux.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

1st flight out of Gatwick into Munich, hire car to resort, arrived at 12:30, ski hire next door so ski same day.

Hotel very welcoming, organising ski pass and making sure we had everything to make our stay a pleasure.

I had a standard double whip was very large with a great bathroom (shower only, but huge )

We were on half board and didn't expect too much - how wrong were we, the food was fantastic. Each evening the menu was different with 4/5 courses and a choice of menus - Italian evening was fantastic. If your a wine buff try the local red glacier wine.

Breakfast was also great with lots of choice. Fresh squeezed orange juice and 'egg bar' a great addition.

Afternoon tea was also welcome after a hard days skiing.

We did have lots of snow while we were there and my friends complained that the snow clearing did start too early , they were at the front of the hotel, I was at the back and did not hear anything (nothing to do with the wine ) - room 308.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

We were a group of seven on a short ski break to this resort.

Hotel was 20 m from main lift so location superb. Staff from receptionists too F and B and owners were fantastic and the rooms were clean, warm and had a nice touch, as complimentary water provided daily.

Spa was modern and not too busy. Food outstanding and breakfast was buffet style yet classy.

Only minor comment was that I requested my room to be kept on half an hour after 11 am on the Sunday ( to be used for 7 of us) as we wanted to ski till 11 am that morning. I was informed that hotel was full Sunday night and therefore no! With 65 plus bedrooms, there is no way that half an hour would make a difference to next person checking in as I am sure the hotel does not employ 65 housekeepers, one for each room !! A point for owners to maybe consider for future?

I would certainly book this hotel again .

Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank hilditch
Reviewed January 18, 2016

This beautiful family hotel was a dream come true. I didn't want to leave. The best position. Walk just 100 to the lifts. This hotel is great for families that want to ski. Not much around so we loved it as it was safe. On arrival (late) they had warm dinner waiting. Meals are included and we were always seated at the same table which overlooked a fairytalt picture of the mountain. Rooms were huge! The hotels pool was just beautiful. I lost my mobile and it was promptly returned . Reception were so helpful and the booked us a taxi to Munich ....I know it doesn't sound like a big deal....but this hotel is situated on the last stop before the mountain lifts....so it is a long drive...but worth it....it was the highlight of our trip.....never to be forgotten.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Madonnafan
Hotel_Neuhintertux, General Manager at Hotel Gletscher & Spa Neuhintertux, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Hello,
thank you very much for having taken the time to give us some feedback and your kind words. We try our best to make families feel at home and make their stay a special experience. Whether you are planning a sports getaway, holidays with the whole family or a multi-week activity holiday at the Hintertux Glacier, our location - only 50 m from the glacier lifts is perfect for that.
We gladly pass on the positive feedback regarding the service, the entire facilities, as well as the atmosphere at our hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon back here in Hintertux!
Snowy greetings from the Tyrolean mountains.
Family Tipotsch