See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Charming private hotel, not part of a big chain. 8 comfortable rooms all with their own design. Modern and fresh look and feel. Breakfast is great - fresh bread and fruits with good coffee. Really enjoyed it.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

When going on business trip, I am always staying there. Rooms are big enough, people working there are very nice. Speaking French, English and Dutch. The breakfast is also very complete (coffee or thea, fresh croissants...)
Only thing that I don't like the rooms with baths. The ones with showers are the best.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Avoid. During my stay, the internet didn't work and they blamed me for breaking it. My door rattled constantly with movements in the restaurant downstairs. I wanted to leave early but they said they couldn't give me a refund -- only charge me for my stay! Look, it's a decent room but the place is run on the cheap. If you need help you have to ask the waiters in the restaurant. And they can't help. You can take a chance like me (wish I didn't!) or find a proper hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jmoriartus
Willy D, Manager at Groenendaal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

you said you wouldnt stop making problems till we would refund you and I have to say that you succeeded really well, to all hotelmanagers I would say that you are a customer to avoid.
De Pauw W.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

This hotel was recommended to me by a colleague. I stayed there last week and understand why. The rooms are in very good shape and each room has its own look & feel making it very personal. That's also the general feeling I had with this hotel. This is not a chain hotel in which you're just a number. A great example is the breakfast in the morning. Not a one-size-fits-all buffet but a real tailormade breakfast just the way I wanted it. Delicious!
What's great as well about this hotel is that it's situated in the green area of Brussels. The forest is just next door where I went for a great energizing run in the morning. I even saw a deer.

For sure I'll come back here and I can definitely recommend it to everyone else.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
De-Pauw-willy, Manager at Groenendaal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

thank you for your comment, it's allways great when people are sattisfied, we all look forward to see you back.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Great food and very good service. Indoor and outdoor play areas for the kids so really family friendly in a nice setting. Easy parking across the road in the grounds of the train station. Service was friendly.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
De-Pauw-willy, Manager at Groenendaal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Thank you for your comment, we all surtainly hope to see you back soon,
De Pauw W.