Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bernd H
Ettenheim, Germany

Nice small Hotel

Review of Hotel Engel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 27, 2017
Engel is a nice small family owned hotel with nice rooms and a good breakfast.
The internet is pretty well and free.
To the hotel belongs also a restaurant with a small menu but in good quality.
In the holiday season it is better to book some time in front because it is fully booked quite often.
Date of stay: August 2016
Room Tip: There are single rooms (small) double rooms and family rooms available. Make sense to book a...
Trip type: Travelled on business
    0.5 km from Hotel Engel
    C$156
      C$156
    View more hotels in Kappel-Grafenhausen
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed October 12, 2016

Overall we liked this hotel. Very clean and quiet room, friendly owners. Free parking. Good WiFi. Restaurant Angel is awesome, highly recommended. The only thing we didn't like is a breakfast, a very small amount of all.

Date of stay: May 2016
    Reviewed August 3, 2016

Located close to the French border we chose this hotel for convince. Our room was not fancy but sufficiently large and clean. Excellent WIFI at 12.89 MBPS provided good video streaming on our devices. Our standard room had a small flat screen TV but no hot water pot or mini bar cold storage. As prices are not expensive you should consider an upgrade if you plan to stay longer than one night.

The restaurant was closed on Friday night so we did not eat there but were told by several locals the food was excellent. Our breakfast reinforced this opinion with a nice German style buffet and eggs to order. Most impressive is we were personally served by this very very friendly owner wearing his white starched name embrodered uniform. He was definitely the most friendly hotel owner we met during the two month trip.

Yes we will come back and stay here again

Room tip: Ask for room in back overlooking parking lot or upgrade room which are good value
    Date of stay: July 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have booked two rooms via booking.com for the price of 380 eur this month. Unfortunately I had to cancel the reservation. Even if on my confirmation it was stated clearly that no deposit should be taken, I received notice from my bank that a deposit WAS taken. So far nothing to worry me. This has happened before. I wrote an e-mail to the hotel demanding that my money should be released and attaching the proof of cancellation I had from booking.com.I received no answer from the hotel (by that time I didn't know that at Engel nobody speaks English!!!). Still not worried. Things have changed the following morning when I got notice from the bank that the 380 eur have been charged and therefore taken from my account! I called the hotel and couldn't make myself understood in English. With the little german I know I found out that the owner was away on holliday (with my money perhaps) and that I should have to call again in a few days and talk to him. This is a situation I have never encountered before (and hopefully never again) and ruined my good impression of German honesty! Right now I am still waiting for the owner to come back from his holliday and refund me the 380 eur. I hope he had a great time on vacation because I for sure had a terrible time trying to recover my money! So my advice for all of you is:book somewhere else!

Date of stay: July 2014
    3  Thank AnnaBucharest
    Reviewed August 8, 2013

With no reservations, we stopped at this location and was able to get a room. The front desk lady, spoke limited English, but enough to understand each other. Our room was simple, no thrills, but is was very clean and quiet! For breakfast, we enjoyed a great variety of fresh bread, jams, cheeses, juices etc. For those going to the Europa Park in Rust, this location is about half the price and less than 10 minutes away from the park. They also have ease access to their parking.

Room tip: Like in most of Europe hotel, NO A/C unit.
    Date of stay: July 2013
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed July 18, 2011

We decided on a Thursday to go to the Europa Park for the weekend. All of the big hotels were fully booked already but thanks to delving slightly further afield here on Trip Advisor I came across this little gem of a hotel in a village just a few minutes drive down the road from Rust. It's a small, family run business with great attention to detail and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the food at dinner was fantastic with huge portions. As it was a lovely, warm summer evening we dined outside on Saturday night and our son enjoyed playing with the children of other guests at the little playground adjacent to the tented outdoor dining area. We can especially recommend the scallops starter (yum!), the Cordon Bleu and the lamb cutlets, along with some very fine dark beer from the extensive dinner menu. Our room did not have a bathtub, but as the shower had a detachable shower head and there was a hair dryer in the bathroom, we emerged the next morning clean, well-rested and ready for the very sumptuous and extensive breakfast buffet, including a nice cappuccino upon request, which is included in the room price. We enjoyed a wonderful, quiet, relaxing stay at this property and are already looking forward to our return! This is not a luxury hotel, which I honestly would have booked had there been one still available, but luckily for us it turns out this was really all we really needed for a great weekend getaway in Germany!

Date of stay: July 2011