Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mfragozo
Singapore

Cosy place near Europa-park, with a very nice breakfast, and warm staff.

Review of Hotel Engel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 6, 2017
We stayed at this hotel 2 days. It is conveniently located 15 km from Europa-park, and it is a traditional hotel with a well served breakfast. The rooms were cosy and with a lot of space. It has a small lift for luggage, which is very convenient, and also a kids corner behind the stairs, where small kids can read, play games, and do other stuff.

I recommend it for families that are travelling to Europa-park and have a car.
Date of stay: July 2017
    0.5 km from Hotel Engel
    C$156
      C$156
    View more hotels in Kappel-Grafenhausen
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed April 27, 2017

Engel is a nice small family owned hotel with nice rooms and a good breakfast.
    The internet is pretty well and free.
    To the hotel belongs also a restaurant with a small menu but in good quality.
    In the holiday season it is better to book some time in front because it is fully booked quite often.

Room tip: There are single rooms (small) double rooms and family rooms available. Make sense to book a double as single also by more space.
    Date of stay: August 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed October 12, 2016

Overall we liked this hotel. Very clean and quiet room, friendly owners. Free parking. Good WiFi. Restaurant Angel is awesome, highly recommended. The only thing we didn't like is a breakfast, a very small amount of all.

Date of stay: May 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed August 3, 2016

Located close to the French border we chose this hotel for convince. Our room was not fancy but sufficiently large and clean. Excellent WIFI at 12.89 MBPS provided good video streaming on our devices. Our standard room had a small flat screen TV but no hot water pot or mini bar cold storage. As prices are not expensive you should consider an upgrade if you plan to stay longer than one night.

The restaurant was closed on Friday night so we did not eat there but were told by several locals the food was excellent. Our breakfast reinforced this opinion with a nice German style buffet and eggs to order. Most impressive is we were personally served by this very very friendly owner wearing his white starched name embrodered uniform. He was definitely the most friendly hotel owner we met during the two month trip.

Yes we will come back and stay here again

Room tip: Ask for room in back overlooking parking lot or upgrade room which are good value
    Date of stay: July 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have booked two rooms via booking.com for the price of 380 eur this month. Unfortunately I had to cancel the reservation. Even if on my confirmation it was stated clearly that no deposit should be taken, I received notice from my bank that a deposit WAS taken. So far nothing to worry me. This has happened before. I wrote an e-mail to the hotel demanding that my money should be released and attaching the proof of cancellation I had from booking.com.I received no answer from the hotel (by that time I didn't know that at Engel nobody speaks English!!!). Still not worried. Things have changed the following morning when I got notice from the bank that the 380 eur have been charged and therefore taken from my account! I called the hotel and couldn't make myself understood in English. With the little german I know I found out that the owner was away on holliday (with my money perhaps) and that I should have to call again in a few days and talk to him. This is a situation I have never encountered before (and hopefully never again) and ruined my good impression of German honesty! Right now I am still waiting for the owner to come back from his holliday and refund me the 380 eur. I hope he had a great time on vacation because I for sure had a terrible time trying to recover my money! So my advice for all of you is:book somewhere else!

Date of stay: July 2014
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    3  Thank AnnaBucharest
    Reviewed August 8, 2013

With no reservations, we stopped at this location and was able to get a room. The front desk lady, spoke limited English, but enough to understand each other. Our room was simple, no thrills, but is was very clean and quiet! For breakfast, we enjoyed a great variety of fresh bread, jams, cheeses, juices etc. For those going to the Europa Park in Rust, this location is about half the price and less than 10 minutes away from the park. They also have ease access to their parking.

Room tip: Like in most of Europe hotel, NO A/C unit.
    Date of stay: July 2013