All reviews his wife great wifi ferry terminal minute walk dukes studio balcony
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location, you can see the rooms from the Port and you are close to everything. Supermarket, bakery, tavernas etc etc. Very warm welcome from Mike who let us check out late the following day as it wasn't busy.
We stayed in a studio which was well equipped with a lovely little balcony for enjoying a sunset drink. A little dated but clean and comfortable.
The kind of place we could have stayed for weeks when we were backpacking. Perfect for a night or two, would probably move further out of town, and closer to the beach if staying longer than a few days now that we are no longer backpackers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RoomsMike, Ιδιοκτήτης at Rooms Mike, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you very much for your comment, we will be glad to see you again in our refurbished rooms!
Mike & Manos

Reviewed September 19, 2012

First, the good. Beds are comfortable, balconies are nice with drying racks for clothes. There are kitchenettes with hotplates, and good aircon. Bookshelves are filled with travelers left books and guides in English. The location is very good, close to everything and one block off the harbour. Rooms are spotlessly cleaned daily. Mike himself is very welcoming and always around. He tells you about the best things in the area, will always advise if asked and even helped us book tours and other things. He even gave us a fairly good deal on 2 smaller rooms, not just one family room which was a welcome break from the kids. You might now be wondering why I'm giving this place only 3 stars. Let me explain.

It wouldn't be a 5 simply because it doesn’t have the amenities. It’s in an alleyway with nice balconies, but you are still tucked away behind abandoned and boarded buildings. Room fixtures are dated and varied. Room 7 was the worst shower we’ve had on the trip, where hot water would unpredictably shut off completely. That same bathroom’s sink would sporadically pulse a quick gurgle of water for 10 minutes after it was shut off, which is annoying when you are trying to sleep. In contrast, room 5’s bathroom was beautiful, and the BEST shower we’ve had on the trip.

As the title indicates, there is absolutely no wireless, which for us was a big deal. We rely on it, and it’s so common through Europe we’ve stopped asking. We’ve even stayed in mountain huts in Austria with wireless! It’s everywhere but here. If you ask Mike, he’ll say no problem just use the public wireless, accessible by walking 2 blocks to the dock! Obviously this is inconvenient, made worse by the fact that it’s so weak to be almost useless. Talking to townfolk, everyone seems to know this but Mike. You can get around this by going to one of the many internet cafes but again, massively inconvenient and unnecessary in this day and age. You may think this is not a big deal if you're here to get away from it all for a short time, or are 79 years old and don't knows the interwebs. For the modern long term traveler who relies on wireless to check out restaurants, research the next location or simply to communicate back home, it was exasperating. I would have rather not had a pillow than not have wireless. Mike needs to invest in a system, and it’s inexcusable that an accommodation of his repute does not have this basic amenity.

All this would have been 4 stars (like vancity8 below me) if it were not for the fact that he decided to get workmen out to fix the building’s front door without telling anyone (well, not us anyway). For the entire stay, my kids had to walk through a messy, cluttered construction area to get into our rooms! Worse, very loud jackhammers and hammer drills started early in the morning and lasted until the afternoon. On the last day of our stay, it woke us at 8 AM! A good morning 100 decibel blast to the head. I’d understand if tourism here was year round, but it closes down in 3 weeks. How is it Mike cannot wait until guests are not inconvenienced to fix the door, which is never locked anyway? I’m sorry, but this demonstrates a lack of caring and concern for his guests that is frankly inexcusable, and certainly unacceptable.

There are a glut of good, centrally located accommodation in Parikia. Right now (September) the owners meet the ferries and clamber for your business. Many places are cheaper, yet have pools and are close to the excellent public beaches. Most importantly, if you make the effort to talk to some locals on this island, you'll find them at least as friendly as Mike. It’s for this reason we love Paros and hope to return, but it won't be here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tim O

Thank you very much for your comment. We we get knowledge from every single review so we will be improved and of course, we will be glad to see you again in our refurbished rooms!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Pros: A two minute walk from the port (though I think this depends on whether you booked a room vs. an apartment). We had a large studio. Well equipped kitchen with lots of counter space to cook on. Even had an oven. Small balcony. Super nice host. Cleaned daily. Very quiet where we were. AC worked good.

Cons: No wifi. Inconsistent hot water.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vancity8

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed at Mike house, the one outside Parikia. I reserved on time this wonderful apartment after I've read the nice feedback of Giacomo F. and after I've seen the pictures he posted on trip advisor (I attached a similar picture). The sunset it's just amazing... as the owner and his family! My girlfriend & I met his wife (who cleans the house daily) his son and his cute nephew! We suddenly felt as part of the family.
When I met a sea surchin and some spines got into my foot he helped me out giving a look to the foot and telling me to put an huge amount of "greek" oil on my foot!
Only bad thing was the noise we heard some nights because of the pump and the water pressure...but he suddenly called the plumper and then was all set! Thank you Mike...and see you again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skianta

Thank you very much for your comment, we will be glad to see you again in our refurbished rooms & apartments!
Mike & Family
"Rooms Mike" Paros Greece

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I chose Mike's rooms because it is in the rough guide. You go to the Hertz car rental office and they ring 'Mike'. We had a room with a small balcony overlooking the harbour. It was immaculately clean and had everything you need, for instance hob, fridge and sink and all the utensils. Mike and his son are full of local information and very helpful. REally loved sitting on the balcony at night having a sundowner and in the morning for breakfast. Everything is close at hand, beach, supermarket, bakery and the old town. Had a great time and only 30 euros a night!

Room Tip: We had the triple room overlooking the harbour which is slightly bigger than the double one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple