Hotel Resort Antico Casale di Scansano
Borgo Magliano Resort(Magliano in Toscana)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$217
Official Hotel Site
  • Pool
Myosotis Resort Hotel(Santa Maria di Rispescia)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Villa Acquaviva(Montemerano)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshorseback ridingbeauty farmsoupsmy daughterstar ratingthe cantinatuscan hillsenjoyed our stayspabalconymassagevillagesaturniatuscanypackagemartamatteo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel as part of a cooking class that was organised by a organisation called Cooking Vacations. The hotel itself was quite okay but I am not sure what the rates are to just stay there as a normal paying guest and whether is is good value in that respect. I had a package deal which included cooking classes and meals. I was disappointed in the meals as we only could choose from a menu that really didn't change for the 6 days I was there and so the food became boring in the end. This trip worked out too be about 500.00 US per day and I really couldn't see the value. The cooking lessons ended up being a bit farsical as the chef, who was the cooking instructor wasn't there for the second 2 days of lessons. The cooking classes were way too basic and really just a waste of time. I was very disappointed. When I contacted Cooking Vacations on my return to Australia, they were unhelpful and uninterested in the problems that I encountered. I would not recommend doing any holiday arrangements with this organisation. They get you to sign all this stuff before you go which states you have to contact them from the hotel, at the time of any problems, which is not really an ideal thing to be doing, especially when you are trying to make the best of things. As for the hotel as a stand alone destination. It is in a lovely area that I hadn't travelled to before in the Maremma region of Tuscany. Depending on the actual stand alone rates it is probably a reasonable place to stay. The staff were certainly considerate and friendly. There is a day spa connected to the hotel and the rates for treatments seemed reasonable, although I didn't have any of their treatments. There is also a riding school attached to the hotel which I probably would have been interested in but the riding was only in the mornings at the same time as the cooking classes.
I would probably recommend this hotel to friends but I would definately not recommend and holiday organised by Cooking Vacations!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Very friendly and efficient services. Beautiful location with a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Excellent food. We will be back. Thankyou
302CDLI

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We spend a pleasant week in one of the apartments in Borgo degli Ulivi.
Nice view, nice staff etc

But..
- the kitchen "area" (if you can call it like that) was really small.
- the bed in the living room incomfortable - my daughter had some problem sleeping on it.
- But the worst thing were the insects.. especially near the pool (I think it was due to the horses..).
- the prices in the restaurants a little too high. Very small portions (during the day in the bar at the swimmingpool) . It's a pity beacause the food is really good

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This is an excellent place. We had a room with a balcony, looking out over the valley. It was beautiful. The restaurant was excellent as was the service. Were we to be in the area again we would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We stayed in the apartments beside the hotel. They are lovely, clean, and very suitable for us as we have 3 children under 10. They have 2 pools and also horseriding on site which my daugher did every morning. I will definitely go back there. The village of scansano isnt great.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family