“Fabulous Meal”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Excellent grilled fish
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We have been here on previous visits to Alvor and again we were not disappointed.

We both had the fish soup to start which was perfect.

We then had the Monk Fish Kebab and steak. Both were cooked to perfection. Finished off with the Almond Cake. Delicious.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant last year following a recommendation. We have been back 3 times during this visit to Alvor. What a fantastic restaurant. The waiters are fantastic and do not stop all night. I am not a fish lover but on each visit I have tried fish and loved it. All fish/meat are grilled outside by the owner Ricardo, who is delightful - my daughter's new best friend! Everything we tried has been delicious and not overpriced. I would highly recommend this lovely restaurant, not only for fish as the steaks are very good too! Book in advance as it is booked out all the time...says something!

2  Thank Hilary M
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious meal here. 1st and 2nd course were wonderfully grill cooked and the Douro wine we had was crisp, dry and a perfect accompaniment. Such a shame our Bon viveurs friends, Aust and Vick, could not be here to share in this delight. Great quality food for an excellent price.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant and so I was expecting good things. The wine was nice and the atmosphere was good but it stops there for me. I ordered the mussels cataplana, it looked delicious until I began to eat the first mussel and there was a crunch when I bit into it. I put it down to possibly being shell but I checked the next one first. I'm glad I did because each one had a tiny crab inside. I asked the waiter what they were and he just told me to put them to one side. My stomach was turned by this point and I just wanted to leave. I asked a local about it and he said they are called pea crabs, they are edible but they should never be served like that because it means the mussels had not been washed. I have not been able to eat shellfish since and I still feel sick thinking about eating a crab I wasn't even aware was there. Totally ruined my night & a horrible experience I won't forget

2  Thank Inspiration552145
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Great Restaurant in the centre of Alvor. Because of the excellent reviews we decided to book this for our second night in Alvor and we were not disappointed. Food was fantastic. I had fish soup & seabass and nt husband had sardines and mussels as main course. House wine was 7.95 great value.Staff are very friendly also. I would highly recommend a visit !!!!