All reviews adega restaurant time share indoor pool one bedroom apartment his brother steam room sea view visiting alvor reception staff lovely hotel self catering well equipped kitchen short walk to the beach kitchen area large balcony pool towels home from home
Reviewed August 30, 2017

My Family have just returned from a week stay at pestana alvor park hotel alvor resort- the hotel is an excellent facility with very welcoming hard working team who work tirelessly to ensure our stay was excellent. Our room was beautiful with large balcony and spacious details and attended to daily by the cleaning team with fresh linen n towel change daily. Reception team provide pool towels to each guest and the outdoor n indoor pools are beautiful n adequate pool loungers available throughout the day
For the guests which was also a very welcome bonus -- indoor pool jacuzzi sauna n spa treatments excellent well worth a visit.
We walked into the main strip within 10 minutes or prompt taxi available from reception n request. Marina within walking distance n beach is 15 minute walk which provides a beautiful soft sandy beach with endless water sport facilities available n a beautiful walk to the cave areas of the beach with an elevated restaurant bar area within the cliff zone. there is also a beautiful board walk from beach to marina area well worth a visit
We booked a boat trip from the marina to neighboring Lagos and went kayaking through the caves which was amazing
The restaurant choices are amazing with great food n wine available
Supermarket within short walk of the pestana alvor park hotel with great range of stock n excellent bakery available daily.
We used yellow fish transfers which provided an excellent service to us
This has been one of our best family holidays n this trip will suit all groups as lively venue and each group will have choice to suit their family age group

Room Tip: Sea view third floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank okanegeof
AlvorPark-Htl, Unit Supervisor at Pestana Alvor Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Guest "okanegeof"
Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay at Pestana Alvor Park Hotel Hotel and share it with other travelers.
We were delighted to learn you had a very enjoyable time with us!
Thank you for your very kind comments .
We will look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.
Kind Regards,
(Unit Supervisor)

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Arrived here just under a week ago first impressions great location lovely pool area pleazant friendly staff. This is our 5th year as a family of 2 adults and 1 child staying in alvor and we have stayed in different hotels every year. Got to say this is the best location for getting to the beach/centre/shops and can't fault the pool area.
Room wise was quite disappointed on arrival had requested a high floor and pool view got a room by reception next to the lifts that can be quite noisy with an obstructed garden view (Palm tree shares our view). This is a disabled room with no bath and quite poorly lit but told the hotel was full and no alternative rooms available. Have been here 6 days now and settled in until we discovered cockroaches in the bathroom 2 days ago - told reception and asked them to spray.. today saw more again and again asked reception to spray. They assured me they have on 2 occasions but didn't smell like it so have bought my own spray and since found numerous dead cockroaches in the bathroom I just hope we have them all now :-( bathroom cleaning could be to a better standard also!!
Restaurant wise the resort has an amazing array of restaurants to choose from but special mention to Viktor in the hotel restaurant and the set menu which is amazing for the 38 euro price tag for 2 ppl for 3 courses with a bottle of wine!!!!! Tango bar in alvor is also a new find with a small menu but beautiful dishes that pleased a party of 9 very easily with a nice gift of a half bottle of wine and desserts for each couple will definitely be back there before we go home.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
AlvorPark-Htl, Unit Supervisor at Pestana Alvor Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Mrs. Neary,

we have received your review and are glad that we had the chance to speak with you personally this morning and sort everything out before the end of your holiday.
Enjoy the rest of your stay with us and please do not hesitate if you should need anything else.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

It's in a great location, my wife and children really enjoyed the views and the massive swimming pool. We are delighted with the accommodation, service and food and are planning to come back next year!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jadoree D
AlvorPark-Htl, Unit Supervisor at Pestana Alvor Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Guest "Jadoree"
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Pestana Alvor Park Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Looking forward to welcome you in Pestana Alvor Park , again, in a near future.
Kindest Regards,
(Unit Supervisor)

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Overwhelmed by the plethora of choices regarding accommodation in the Algarve region. I chose this central location in the lovely town of Alvor.
Great choice indeed!
Easy to find as we pulled up with car and parking readily available. Apartment was spacious with two bathrooms. Large fully equipped kitchen.Great beds with quiet nights sleep. My favourite feature was the oversized balcony with great ocean views.
Nice pool area and grounds but who really cares when you are but a walk away from one of the most stunning beaches on the planet... Praia Tres Irmaos!!!
However great all this is. It shall be noted that true greatness in hospitality is measured when things go wrong and how ordeal is handled. Not when all is well... and things did go wrong for me upon checkout. No fault of hotel though.
My rental car did not start that morning and we needed to catch a flight from Faro. An hours drive away. Panicked and unable to get help quickly. The hotel staff comforted us and said no worries. All is well. Just leave us the keys and we will handle everything. Having no other choice we took a cab to airport and abandoned car while hoping for the best.
Turns out they were correct. They professionally handled the situation promptly while updating me via email. Somebody did safely come pick up car at no charge.
Now those are good people who are sincere in making the best of your stay.
Thank you very much and a stay I will remember!

Room Tip: High ocean view room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter A

Dear Guest "Peter A"
Thank you very much for your insight and positive feedback about our hotel. Thank you for highlighting our staff for their exceptional service. I will share your comments with the team and specially to Augusto and Mr. MArtins who will be glad to hear them.
Please do make the time for another visit in the not too distant future and we are all glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to stay here after reading the reviews and booked well in advance as I knew it would fill quickly.
On arrival we were really pleased with the size of the apartment and it's facilities .
Unfortunately our balcony faced the road and there was a big tree next to it so we didn't use it in the evening as we usually like to when the little ones are sleeping as I was wary of getting bitten by bugs. The hotel was full so I knew a move wouldn't be likely.
The room appeared clean but then there were a few remnants of the last occupier but again I didn't want to make a fuss so I just dealt with it myself. I also don't think our sheets were changed during our 11 night stay.
I would recommend this hotel however I feel that future guests should be aware of a few things before they book. The hotel is up a hill which you have to walk up and down numerous times a day if you want to access beach, shops and restaurants etc.
The pool is supposed to be open until 9pm but we were asked to vacate pool area before 7pm so the pool cleaner could do his thing. When we questioned him about this he said we could always come back after he was done..weird, like I was going to pack up all our stuff then go back!?
The hotel state they don't tolerate towels put on sunbeds yet this was a daily occurance and we soon realised that if you didn't get down very early you couldn't get a sunbed, at least not one anywhere near the pool which was important if you had kids. We noticed people putting towels down as early as 7:30am yet not actually using the sunbed until after 1pm.. what's wrong with people!? The thing that annoyed me about this was the hotel stating they didn't tolerate this when clearly they do and other reviewers stating you didn't have to fight for a sunbed when clearly you do!
On our last day we had to check out at 12 but weren't being collected until 6pm. We requested a late check out but were told no as they were at full occupancy. With no facilities to allow us to use the pool and clean up before we left this meant for a long sticky afternoon wait to go home. There should be some allowance for this.
Sonia at breakfast and the gentlemen running the bar were great and the library where you can swap books was very useful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank cathycloggs

Dear Guest "cathycloggs"
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and views. At Pestana Alvor Park, we take our guests’ feedback seriously as this is the only way we can truly measure and continuously improve the service we provide to our guests.
I have discussed the issues you mentioned with my entire team and corrective action has been taken to prevent such occurrences from happening again and to ensure our usual top quality service is maintained at all times.
Thank you once again for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We aim to improve and we look forward to serving you better in the future.
Best Regards