All reviews washing machine lumpy pillows cleaned every day apartment was clean great holiday reception staff hired a car electric hob walking difficulties these apartments walk into town nice walk pool bar alvor beach plenty of sunbeds complex microwave
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We have returned from a 10-day holiday in this complex (July / Aug) & We can honestly say it has been the worst holiday experience we have ever had.

We tried to speak with the manager at the complex, but she was just not interested in listening to us, on anything that we had to say, she was also quite aggressive to deal with & not in any way customer friendly or focused.

We had booked 2 Apartments (2 Adult & 2 Child) & (3 Adults)
Sunday 21st July – Wednesday 1st Aug
We stayed in Block 7 H202 & H205

Our main problem was, that we ONLY booked the Brisamar, as it states on the Website that they have a Children’s / Mini Club & Evening Animation for Adults

When we found out that this facility was not available, we went to speak to the manager, she told us that the website does not state Kid’s Club or evening entertainment, as you can clearly see on the Entertainment information on the website, she is incorrect, but she would not listen to us & just kept raising her voice, We asked to be moved to another Cheerfulway complex that offered this facility & she just kept saying it was not possible.

In our group of 7, we had a 3 & 6-year-old, that we had no day or evening entertainment for, we also had 2 Seniors, that had no evening entrainment, again, this is why we booked the Brisamar, so we would not have to go out every night, as they would find the walking difficult.

But we were left with no choice, so we had to leave the complex every day / evening to entertain our group, which was an extra cost, as we had to go & return by taxi & we were also charged €1.00 for ordering the taxi at reception.

The complex grounds are completely unsafe for everybody, especially for Seniors (during our stay there was an accident on the road & a lady was taken by ambulance to hospital, after a bad fall) the road is badly in need of repair as there are many pot holes, the footpaths are also in need of repair, with missing blocks or blocks not levelled.

The pool was okay, but it was not cleaned every day, between the children’s pool & the adult pool there was a bundle of hair & ice-cream papers, these remained there for 3 days & never cleaned up, because of this we never used the pool, we got taxis to the beach.

Apartment 202 was on average clean, we had a lot of ant’s & found them in one of the beds (I have attached photos) when we asked at reception for some spray or powder, we were told, that we are in the county side & ants are normal……. we know ants are normal, but you don’t want them in your bed?

On the Bathroom door frame, there was toilet tissue paper used, to fill the hole / gap between the door frame & the tiles (I have attached photos)

Apartment 205 was clean, but the drains in the bathroom, smelled really bad, all of the time, & every day there was cockroaches in the apartment (I have attached photos)

The balconies are extremely unsafe for everybody, but especially for small children & seniors, they are falling apart, the wooden beam is not attached properly & the wall is crumbling, We had to keep our doors locked for our stay, in case there was a serious accident (I have attached photos)

We work hard all year round, to go on holiday & this holiday was not cheap, we paid for facilities that we did not receive & the cost of our holiday went up, as we had to leave the complex every day & night.

We are very disappointed & angry, at how we have been treated, this could have been avoided, if the website was up to date, as it wasn’t, we should have been moved to another sister hotel, with the necessary facilities that we paid for when we booked, & nobody cared, our money was taken & that was it.

• Please learn from our mistakes & stay away from the Clube Brisamar
• If you have booked the Clube Brisamar, I would advise you to cancel it & re-book at a different Hotel / complex. There are so many better properties around the same area, for the same money.

***Please Note*** I did email the Hotel Group Head Office directly on Wednesday 8th August, with more or less the same content as above. They came back to me on Wednesday 22nd August

The response is an absolute disgrace, I don’t know why I am surprised….

My main complaint about the Kids Club / Entertainment not being available,
they came back by saying that basically the fact that there were no children's club available at the moment, was not a vital impediment to a good holiday, because, even if it was operational, it would only be open for a few hours and not the whole day or night, & besides that, it would work as an optional and additional service supplement.

Then don’t falsely Advertise facilities, that you don't have on offer…..

And who are the Cheerfulyway group to tell me, what facilitates a good holiday???, We paid for a service to help entertain our kids & so we could relax, which we did not get, so we had to find & fund financially, elsewhere in the resort of Alvor.

On the Adult Entertainment not being available, they came back saying that there is music in the pool area all day, & also that a hundred meters away is the famous Alvor Village, where the excitement extends through the night.

Seriously, a background CD, at the pool in the daytime is considered entertainment........
I think this answer sums up how bad the standard is at this complex.

We had to seniors with us 75 & 77 years old, that would find walking & getting around a little hard, (Thank you for pointing out that Alvor Village was 100 meters away) they wouldn't be able to walk the 100 meters & again we booked this complex as according to it’s advertising (which is False) so we wouldn’t have to go into Alvor every evening, but that’s exactly what we had to do, with extra effort & cost of taxis etc:

On the Apology, they came back to say that they apologize & hope that in the future, maybe my next stay, that the kids club would be open at an extra charge.

They have an absolute cheek even to mention a Future Stay (with a Charge for the Kids Club.) NEVER NEVER NEVER again would we ever even dream about staing in a Cheerfulway complex.

They never answered any of my questions about the safety of the balconies / roads & pathways / smelly drains or their rude staff,
The reason they did not answer these questions, is that they simply cannot defend them, so it's better to avoid the question?

Overall We booked & paid for a 3* Complex, with a Kids Club & Adult Evening entertainment, & What we got was a simple 1* with no facilities

(Note to self for future: back to Spain & stay in any of the SOL or Melia Hotels, as you get what you pay for)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank trishahanlon
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Had 7 nights here self-catering. Booking in was efficient. The complex is large so quite a walk to the apartment which was not clearly marked or well lit. The apartment was large and clean. Not really set up for self catering as only 3 forks, a couple of pans, 1 wine glass etc. Pillows felt like they were full of polystyrene balls. Despite being clean, there was a feeling of neglect about the place. Black out curtains were torn, door looked like it had been kicked in at some point, broken lamp, cracked tiles, broken fan in bathroom. On a positive note it was only a 10 minute walk to the town centre and close to a well stocked supermarket. We enjoyed our holiday in Alvor but would not return to stay at Brisamar.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We stayed here for 8 days. The apartment was large but the front door looked like it was previously kicked in, the bath and toilet needed replacing and I paid for self catering but there was no frying pan and clothes rack was rusted. Saying that when I spoke to reception they resolved the issue by replacing the rack with a brand new one and a new pan the following day. The worst was the dirty pool for 5 days running. Its a shame as the staff are very friendly and helpful. This did not ruin our experience and we still managed to enjoy our stay. Food from the bar was good too with reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Request a room close to reception
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Our second visit in 13 years.
The good:
Great cleaning staff - left the place gleaming every day
Excellent response to problems. Problem with blocked sink resolved in 15 mins.
Reception very helpful
Safe for kids
Large pool
Lots of green areas
The bad:
No investment in 13 years
A little tired
TV old fashioned
Kids club closed
No lifeguard at pool

That said we enjoyed our stay and loved Alvor. Note only found fantastic supermarket after 3 days close to resort. Lingo Dolce is 5 mins away.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I had my reservations prior to arriving at Luna Clube Brisimar as like most others I read the reviews first, however on arrival we were met by a fantastic receptionist who was very friendly and informative so I thought this was a great start to our holiday, we were then handed our keys and we made our way to our flat believing that the friendly start may end on opening the door to the room, I was wrong the large two bedroom apartment that we had was clean with new kitchen appliances, I checked the kettle and toaster and it definitely looked new, the apartment seemed to have been painted and it was really clean, the beds were comfortable with two pillows on each bed (4 single beds in total which can be pushed together to make one), the pool was clean, the atmosphere was very family friendly and the bar was open till 11pm, I tried to look for faults but I couldn't find, our place was also cleaned every day by the cleaners.

1  Thank Alexander N