Hotel Papi
ALEGRIA Maripins(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Luna Park Hotel(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Aqua Hotel Silhouette & Spa - Adults Only(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Luna Club(Malgrat de Mar)
US$101
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rosa Nautica(Malgrat de Mar)(Great Value!)
US$101
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Sumus Hotel Monteplaya(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Pool
Tropic Park(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Beachfront
Amaraigua Hotel(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Europa Splash(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Breakfast included
Camping La Tordera(Malgrat de Mar)
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsamerican nightmini aqua parkfake grassamazing place to staygreat kids clubnational holidaysthemed nightsblack bullkids water parkpool areanightly entertainmenthalf boardlittle boytiny wardrobeplenty of choiceentertainment staffsalad
Reviewed October 12, 2011

enjoyed a lovely relaxing time at the papi - it was our first time at this hotel and we were pleasantly suprised - we arrived at 9pm just as dinner service was ending and were told by the very friendly staff to just leave our suitcases behind reception so we could get something to eat - we were encouraged to get all three courses and the drinks trolley came around so we could buy a drink.
Our room was on the 5th floor and although quite basic it was spotlessly clean - we stayed for a week and it was cleaned and the towels changed every single day of our stay. The whole hotel is spotless clean - the staff are very friendly - and the entertainment team try to encourage everyone to take part .
we stayed on half board and chose to have breakfast and then a meal in the afternoon around 3pm - you can eat anytime between 1 and 9pm - there was always something different on offer - fish - meat - salads - veg - chips - sausages - soup - fresh fruit - i enjoyed the lovely prawns one day and my husbands favourite was the liver.
there is lovely seating area by the pool with huge comfy sofas and thick cushions - we curled up there most days with our books - there is loads of sunbeds and parasols and no need to reserve them with a towel as there was plenty available at any time of the day - the pool was cold but it was the end of september.
There was entertainment every evening - parrot show - flamenco dancers - singers etc but we prefered to go over the road to the bars - our favourite was the black bull with Jordi in charge and coronation street and east enders showing - my husbands favourite was champions with beer at 1.50 euro a pint .
we got a very good deal flying ryanair and booking our own accommodation and for the price paid it was an excellent holiday .
I cant think of many negatives about the papi - you do have to clear your own plates onto the trolley after eating but i actually think this is a good idea as it frees up the tables quicker - the tea making machines in the dining rooms are not very efficient so we just had juice instead - we took a travel kettle and made our own tea in our room with tea bags and powdered milk brought from home.
A lot of the guests at the papi are of the older generation - i think they come on coach trips - there was not many younger people and very few children .
We will definetly go back to the papi next year

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank durbanpair
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel for almost 10 years in a row when growing up for family holidays and have amazing memories of the hotel and Malgrat. I’m sad to say that I had not been for almost 10 years – however I returned this September and was not disappointed with the changes and cannot believe I left it so long to return.
This occasion I took my husband who had never visited the hotel or area and has a love of Italy – he now says he cannot imagine holidaying anywhere else.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, has amazing staff from cleaners, to the bar staff, to the management. I cannot understand the negative reviews this hotel has received. Obviously the rooms are typical for Spain, they are basic – but this is not a negative – the rooms are clean, air conditioned, balconies and comfy beds – what more do you need. If you require a plasma screen TV with English channels you are in the wrong area as there is so much to do there is no need to turn on a TV.

The food is a buffet service but fresh food is replenished all day – I consider myself a foodie and will never visit Spain to eat burgers and chips but this hotel accommodates for all! There are fries and sausages but if you are happier with Spanish food there is fresh fish, fresh shellfish, the tastiest meat off the griddle, fresh vegetables and delicious food I only wish I could afford to eat each day at home.

The changes they have made has really made it feel luxurious and Malgrat itself, regardless of the changes, if you visit the old town (less than 5 mins walk) the atmosphere, restaurants, bars and beaches are fantastic and feel truly Spanish. Cannot wait to return next year – maybe twice!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Hayls_Gaz
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Hotel Papi is in really good location. I would say 3 min walk to nice sendy beach, 10 min walk to town centar with shops and 10 min walk to train station if you want to go to Barcelona for a day. I was there with wife and our 8yo boy. This place is good for family holidays.
Food was excellent, lots of choice.We took half board and it was just right. Lunch/dinner is between 1pm and 9pm which was great. About 5pm they change food for dinner so food doesnt stay there all day. Restaurant area very clean.People were very friendly and sweaming pool nice.
Rooms are average but important things they were very clean. Just to remind you take with you hair drayer.
All in all I think top 3 star horel.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms with view on sweamingpool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Damir V
Reviewed August 27, 2011

as a couple with 2 kids we read some reviews and were a bit unsure about the hotel. stayed for 1 week mid august 2011 and loved the place. great pool and bar area plenty of sunbeds and although the hotel was full it was never overcrowded. food great with plenty of choice(even for a fussy 6yr old) rooms cleaned daily and had air con which was great and left on the whole stay. a 2 minute walk gets you to the beach and some great bars just around the corner, black bull, eureka and legends all worth a visit. overall a great hotel and looking forward to going for 2 weeks next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank collette b
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is a typical 3* hotel with some funny quirky things about it .
Now it might not bother you but we like a nice drink or two on our balcony with ice prior to evening meal,
Having parted company with 31 euro to hire a fridge without a ice box for 9 days we were quite put out to find that you are NOT permitted to have ice from the bar to your room !
Its the Papi Law , thou shall not enjoy a nice drink on your balcony with ice from the hotel bar (oh by the way no tables on balcony, its the Papi Law), So having gone to the top and saw the manager i was left shaken and stirred, but still no ice. Ice rules must not be broken, Its the Papi Law. Meal times are good fun and keep you well fit ! Never been up and down so much during my meal, with all the activity and having to clear your own table after each course into the trolley provided, well i thought i was part of the staff for a moment , just hand me a broom and a cloth to wipe down i can fit in anywhere !.
Having said that , Elder who works on reception is the Jewel in the Crown . In her unassuming mannor very polite and helpful way helped to make up for the short comings of the Hotel Papi. Our friends who stayed a little longer than us will also not be returning . So there you have it . As always you pay your money and when going on holiday you sometimes have to hope for the best. L & L from Eastbourne.
PS parking in hotel car park 10euro per day !!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple