All reviews race course toby carvery train station equestrian centre usual standard three rooms comfy bed quiet at night easy access good nights sleep on arrival the ground floor pleasant stay would stay again car park excellent stay stayed here for one night
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Waited for ages at reception to get key, the place has an odd aroma, really needs to be updated and a deep clean. I think it is overpriced for a room only, but the location is so appealing if at the racecourse.

Room Tip: ask to be at the end of the corridor then there is no traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

This hotel is next door to the racecourse so is ideally located if you are attending. On arrival the staff were excellent and greeted me with smiles and after a long drive it was welcomed. The room I was given was fairly large and clean with plenty of coffee and tea stuff. Refils were in reception. The room needed decorating and was a bit tired. The bathroom door lock was repaired amateurishly. WiFi was present throughout the building and there was free car parking. The bed was comfortable however the room lacked sockets for charging devices. I would stop here again. No brilliant views but access to a lot.

Room Tip: Depends when you attend
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2018

If was going again I would book top floor ,only two floors but the people above me were very noisy and kept me from sleeping early had tooveait till they went too bed Not good after a six hour drive I thought overall good

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Never been refurbished so it’s more than tired now. The top of our taps kept coming off and the noise when flushing the toilet was horrendous. Other rooms were the same cos we could hear from our room. The staff are lovely but flogging a dead horse. Far too expensive but was the closest place to our grandkids who we were watching. Would be mortified at having to pay £200 a night when the Grand National is on.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family