All reviews drying room couple of nights great hosts local area facilities pubs
Reviewed June 9, 2016

A great budget stay. This is basically a hostel, the hostel rooms of which are located in a wooden building behind the traditional stone house on the High Street. I've stayed in the hostel and it is comfortable and well equipped for walkers and other outdoor people, good drying facilities and so on.

The hostel does have two room inside of the house building. This is not a B&B (there is no breakfast) and the room in not en-suite but it is very comfortable and the hosts very welcoming. A very good budget option — either in the host or the house.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Very welcoming with people taking on the GTO challenge and laid on free cake, tea & coffee. And they allowed me to charge my phone after being out of contact with my family for two days. Wonderful people

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

Was at the hostel with a group of friends as we were visiting the Highland Folk Museum. The facilities were first class and surpassed any previous hostels in which I've stayed. The hostel is set back from the main road, so there's little or no traffic noise. Instead, there is birdsong. I do hope I can revisit next year.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Had a fantastic weekend staying here ,as there was a lot of us I had a room in the house ,very clean ,cumfy beds,plenty hot water and very quiet,Sue and Neil ,the owners were lovely and Pearl the beautiful border terrier was so friendly . The well equipped kitchen and very large fridge was excellent. As a regular going to 4 star hotels I can say this was every bit as good for £20 a night was just perfect ,see you next year ,thank you for a superb weekend.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ScotlandJoycey
Reviewed September 1, 2015

On arival i was welcomed by the owner of the hostel who gave me a round trip. The hostel is just behind there house on a perfect spot in newtonmore. For a budget walker it is al you can wish for. Good kitchen, good beds, dry room and walker friendly

This is one of my best hostel stay,s so far and i have seen loads.

Room Tip: Just call the owners they know best :)
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo