All reviews drying room couple of nights great hosts local area facilities pubs
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I and my son stayed in one of the rooms in the main house with use of the hostel during our Scottish adventure holiday this year. Ideal place for us as very close to outdoor activities. Top hospitality from Neil and Sue. Lots of places to eat out if like me not big on cooking after being out all day!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2016

Stayed here and extended my stay to 4 days... Great facilities, fully equipped kitchen, with a great communal area, hot showers, comfy beds and a "Super" drying room! Located very handily for a whole range of Munros, local walks, activities and attractions.... Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and "Ally" (mine hostess!), very knowledgeable about all things local, walking and cycling! The mixed bag of fellow travellers, walkers, cyclists made for a jolly company and merriement.
Well worth trying to book (in advance, to avoid dissapointment!) a little gem for all that like the great outdoors

Room Tip: Book in advance... this hostel is on may walking adn cycling routes across the Cairngorms!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2016

A great budget stay. This is basically a hostel, the hostel rooms of which are located in a wooden building behind the traditional stone house on the High Street. I've stayed in the hostel and it is comfortable and well equipped for walkers and other outdoor people, good drying facilities and so on.

The hostel does have two room inside of the house building. This is not a B&B (there is no breakfast) and the room in not en-suite but it is very comfortable and the hosts very welcoming. A very good budget option — either in the host or the house.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Very welcoming with people taking on the GTO challenge and laid on free cake, tea & coffee. And they allowed me to charge my phone after being out of contact with my family for two days. Wonderful people

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

Was at the hostel with a group of friends as we were visiting the Highland Folk Museum. The facilities were first class and surpassed any previous hostels in which I've stayed. The hostel is set back from the main road, so there's little or no traffic noise. Instead, there is birdsong. I do hope I can revisit next year.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends