See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 27, 2017

So far happy to be in such scenic place.We hope to see the whole island.Left the car rental parked in trois rivieres.Very different from Basses Terre here on the saintes.Check out the photos.Someday I would like to sail here

Room Tip: all rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2017

This hotel afforded us a surprising pleasure above our expectations. I guess I feared something like a "motel chain" experience one finds in the USA. Instead we found an original, clean, conscientious, and even cozy, environment, in a terrific location. I adored the front desk staff. There were three or four women who were so genuinely friendly (not a put-on mask smile) that I found myself joking with them about our language barrier in a truly comfortable manner. One of them made fun of me in the most delightful and loving manner and I would not have wanted anything less! They made me feel welcome in a way I've never felt before in a hotel setting. (I teased them too).
We enjoyed eating most of our meals at the hotel itself. The food was better than good and the waiting staff were fun, despite my poor command of the language.
We did not swim on the nice beach in front of the property but the people there all seemed to find it enjoyable, but instead we went to the beach just a short walk from the units, called Anse Crawen, which was nice and fairly private, which we both prefer. The snorkeling is easy though the only interesting sea life is over at the north side which is full of fish, sea fans and urchins. I loved it. the wave action is significant but with care, I felt no danger at all.
We walked from the hotel all the way through the town (where the ferries land) and then up to Fort Napoleon. Quite a promenade in the tropical sun, but we couldn't get in as we had run out of Euros, it was a holiday so the two ATM's on the island were nonfunctional, and the credit card reader at the fort couldn't get a signal. We'll get there next time, 'cause I do want to return, and I will hope to stay at the Bois Joli.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed November 18, 2016

Stayed in one of the higher level rooms in the new block. Large room with separate spacious bathroom including walk in shower. All very modern and clean. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Outside seating area and larger terrace overlooking the hotel area and the beach. Narrow beach with sun at particular times of day because of the adjacent hills and trees. Calm water, good for swimming and snorkeling. Poolside is probably better place to sit although in high season places will need to be secured early in the day as there is limited seating. Opted for breakfast inclusive - rather poor with some items missing on some days, bread for toasting but toaster not plugged in or not working, little sign of staff checking breakfast items. Ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night - usual range of starters, meat and fish dishes, served politely and in reasonable time. Carafe of rose wine was all but undrinkable so taste before accepting if opting for a carafe. Notices appeared advising of restaurant not being open on some occasions so we enquired further and were given a response that it depended on whether they could get the staff. Friendly and helpful staff and good location rather let down by some of the eating arrangements.

Stayed: November 2016
2  Thank Nick P
Reviewed May 14, 2016

I must admit, I am very surprised by the Average reviews as this was not our experience at all. A friend in Le Gosier booked the room for us in a last minute reservation. We took the hotel shuttle bus and were greeted at the hotel as you'd expect to be. They put us in our room and within 10 minutes we hear a knock at the door. The girl at reception was standing there asking if we'd like to be moved into a room with a view. They had a cancellation. We were ecstatic about these developments. We felt like we came into some very good luck. I'd stay here again with no hesitation. (WiFi did not work well at our room)

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TiamoItalia
Reviewed March 15, 2016

We spent four nights exploring this beautiful archipelago while based at the Bois Jolie Hotel which is situated about three quarters of a mile from the little town and ferry dock and built into a hillside that runs down to what is virtually its own private sandy beach and jetty.
The rooms are mostly bungalows within the grounds plus a recently built three storey building with (approx) 18 en-suite rooms all with a private balcony. We were on the second floor and could not fault our room with its semi open plan walk-in shower, separate loo (not open plan!) and very comfortable bed.
Every part of the hotel benefits from the north-facing aspect overlooking the outstandingly pretty bay, with its unusual geographic features, and the stretch of sea towards Guadeloupe. This view over the yacht anchorage was a constant delight.
The main building, next to an excellent pool, houses a terrace bar on the ground floor and a restaurant balcony above.
Physically the hotel has it all. Where it's crashes to earth is the service. Our one evening meal in was blighted by funereal service, rubber bread and our main courses delivered to the wrong table where they sat whilst that table awaited the rest of their meal! It took exactly 35 minutes from ordering for our wine to arrive!!!???
The bar, despite being adequately staffed and not particularly busy, was equally lackadaisical in the speed it judged necessary to deliver an order.
I spoke at length to the charming manager about these problems and was told that he had been brought in to improve matters five months ago and was really struggling with complacent staff who are so protected by French employment laws that he is unable to dismiss them. He assured me that things are improving 'tho not as quickly as he would like. He also assured me that if we had come six months ago we would have left after 2 minutes!
To summarise: stay there but eat out....there are plenty of first rate cafes and restaurants in the village easily accessed by the hotel shuttle which is free, if erratic, in the daytime and subject to a small charge in the evening up until 9.45 when it stops. (Taxis also readily available).
Be aware that this hotel is totally unsuitable for clients with restricted physical ability. There are steps everywhere including 90 from our bedroom to the bar.

Room Tip: Bungalows may have less access steps. The new block we were in is just fine but there is no lift to upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple