All reviews dove's nest a great place to stay quiet country road stayed here for nights feel at home cathy stratford windbreak farm conversation garden veranda house play hospitality ontario shows
Reviewed May 4, 2015

We recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at Windbreak farm in the heart of Perth County, Ontario.
Not having much experience of B&B's we were absolutely delighted by the farm, the home and our hosts, Cathy and Bob.

The work they have put in to make sure our stay was comfortable and rewarding is immense, the home and property are a delight, with great attention to detail and comfort for their guests. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast fit for a king/queen and Cathy and Bob take every opportunity to make sure you feel at home, cared for with genuine concern and that you leave there feeling that you have just left your best friend's house - yes really! Access to all the Perth County offers is nearby and easy to get to. We are really pleased to have found them!

Room tip: They are all great depending on your needs
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2014

We chose Windbreak Farm B&B because it was rural, not far from Stratford and promised to offer an authentic B&B experience with gracious hosts in a restored farm home over a century old. Our experience proved the promises correct. Cathy and Bob provided a fine breakfast, joining us in a wide ranging informative discussion about the area and their community. Their home, property and attentiveness demonstrate their commitment to quality. They are delightful people. We highly recommend Windbreak Farm B&B.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I came to the Stratford area to attend a few plays ai the Festival. My first accommodation choice has always been hostels, because they are inexpensive and you meet the most interesting people. But Stratford has none. So I checked out the B&B listings. This one felt that it would be somewhat similar to the hostel experience, in that you breakfast with the owners rather than on your own. It was lovely! From the very friendly and attentive cat to the conversations over breakfast with the owners and later with others who stayed there, it was warm and welcoming, peaceful and homey. Just what I needed for a restful vacation. Cathy and Bob where also very helpful sources of information about local attractions, and Bob's woodwork is spectacular.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2014

For our trip to Stratford, Ontario, I wanted to find a place to stay that would offer comfort in a setting that we could meet local folks. I happened across Windbreak Farm, and Bob and Kathy Hutson, and I'm so glad I did.

Their home a well kept authentic farmhouse - gardens with both flowers and vegetables, and a barn with two horses (Misty and Red) and barn cats, which my daughter just loved! Kathy is an outstanding cook (best food anywhere in the Stratford area, in my opinion) as well as a gracious host, and Bob is a woodsman, skilled at both woodworking and selling firewood as well. They opened their home to us, and made us feel like old friends. What could be better?

If there is any downside to this place, then I should say that you need to be prepared for the drive into Stratford, if you're there for the theater festival. Small sacrifice for the best place to stay that I could imagine. Call well in and acne to make your reservations- they're full way ahead of time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2014

if you are interested in staying at a beautifully restored early 1900's home, on a quiet country road near Stratford ON, you won't go wrong choosing this B&B, which is run by the very gracious and accommodating Cathy Hutson and her husband Bob.
Their hospitality made us feel instantly welcomed. The breakfast choices were varied each day we were there - with lovely home baking.
There is one on-suite bedroom. However, we stayed in the room with twin single beds, and easy access to the bathroom (with both tub and separate shower) down the hall. And if you leave your bedroom door ajar, you might soon be joined by a lovely black and white house cat, curling up on the bed beside you.
In Google Maps, type in "Windbreak Farm" and select "Fullarton" to see a street view of this great home.

Trip type: Travelled with family