All reviewsdove's nesta great place to stayquiet country roadcathystratfordwindbreakfarmhomegardenverandahousehospitalityontarioshowsbedroomhostesschoices
Reviewed June 29, 2015

This B&B was a "Wow" from the moment I first contacted the owner, Cathy. She was supremely professional and helpful. We were attending a family wedding in the area, then half our party was heading to Stratford for a play the next day.

When we arrived, we were immediately made to feel welcome. Cathy made it possible for us to arrive a little earlier than what would be considered a typical check-in, so we could freshen up before the wedding.

Two members of our party needed to leave extremely early the next morning (unexpectedly) - no problem for Cathy - she had homemade muffins and coffee ready for them.

Then the rest of our party enjoyed a beautiful breakfast - all homemade and delicious. (She had touched base with us before we arrived to learn of any food preferences and/or allergies - she thinks of everything!)

Cathy and her husband, Bob sat down and joined us for a delightful meal and easy conversation - about everything!

Cathy is quite an accomplished gardener and Bob an accomplished woodworking artist. The two of them make a great team and each is clearly talented in many other arenas and entrepreneurial in spirit.

The grounds of their home are beautifully appointed - lighting is subtle at night - so very soothing. The entire property is well built and maintained - a perfect balance of modern conveniences with the charm of the heritage building they have preserved and updated so well.

In this review, I checked "trendy" and "quaint" which may seem confusing - just to be clear, this is a heritage property - but it has been masterfully outfitted with modern conveniences.

My partner and I definitely heading back there for a quiet stay, so we can really take advantage of the idyllic setting - it so obviously would suit any season.

Cannot say enough about this absolute Gem in Fullarton!

Room Tip: The Dove's Nest is especially nice for a couple - romantic, balcony, claw foot tub, as well as a stand-up shower.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank TLo_759
Cathy H, Owner at Windbreak Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2015

We truly loved reading this review! It gives a picture of what the whole stay was like for these wonderful guests. Their enjoyment makes us happy.

Reviewed May 4, 2015

We recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at Windbreak farm in the heart of Perth County, Ontario.
Not having much experience of B&B's we were absolutely delighted by the farm, the home and our hosts, Cathy and Bob.

The work they have put in to make sure our stay was comfortable and rewarding is immense, the home and property are a delight, with great attention to detail and comfort for their guests. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast fit for a king/queen and Cathy and Bob take every opportunity to make sure you feel at home, cared for with genuine concern and that you leave there feeling that you have just left your best friend's house - yes really! Access to all the Perth County offers is nearby and easy to get to. We are really pleased to have found them!

Room Tip: They are all great depending on your needs
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2014

We chose Windbreak Farm B&B because it was rural, not far from Stratford and promised to offer an authentic B&B experience with gracious hosts in a restored farm home over a century old. Our experience proved the promises correct. Cathy and Bob provided a fine breakfast, joining us in a wide ranging informative discussion about the area and their community. Their home, property and attentiveness demonstrate their commitment to quality. They are delightful people. We highly recommend Windbreak Farm B&B.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I came to the Stratford area to attend a few plays ai the Festival. My first accommodation choice has always been hostels, because they are inexpensive and you meet the most interesting people. But Stratford has none. So I checked out the B&B listings. This one felt that it would be somewhat similar to the hostel experience, in that you breakfast with the owners rather than on your own. It was lovely! From the very friendly and attentive cat to the conversations over breakfast with the owners and later with others who stayed there, it was warm and welcoming, peaceful and homey. Just what I needed for a restful vacation. Cathy and Bob where also very helpful sources of information about local attractions, and Bob's woodwork is spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2014

For our trip to Stratford, Ontario, I wanted to find a place to stay that would offer comfort in a setting that we could meet local folks. I happened across Windbreak Farm, and Bob and Kathy Hutson, and I'm so glad I did.

Their home a well kept authentic farmhouse - gardens with both flowers and vegetables, and a barn with two horses (Misty and Red) and barn cats, which my daughter just loved! Kathy is an outstanding cook (best food anywhere in the Stratford area, in my opinion) as well as a gracious host, and Bob is a woodsman, skilled at both woodworking and selling firewood as well. They opened their home to us, and made us feel like old friends. What could be better?

If there is any downside to this place, then I should say that you need to be prepared for the drive into Stratford, if you're there for the theater festival. Small sacrifice for the best place to stay that I could imagine. Call well in and acne to make your reservations- they're full way ahead of time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family