“Nicer than it looked from the front”

Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 14 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The outside of this Hostel Style B & B looks more like a travel booking center. Inside is cute and clean and fun. The rooms are super nice and cozy. We stayed in a private room with bathroom that was located next to the court yard and kitchen. The courtyard has a river running right by it and it is very tranquil and calm. The breakfast was good and they went out of their way for my special Gluten Free diet. We could drink as much coffee as we wanted all day long; in fact one of the employess has his own coffee that he produces for consumpton and sale. The kitchen was clean and was easy to use to prepare our own meals.

El Pueblo It is located very central and you can walk where you need to go and all adventures in the area can be booked right on the spot and they come and pick you up!

The bed was comfortable and clean. Only issue was that the faucet and shower dripped a lot.

We stayed two great nights. This is a lovely area and not to be missed.

Room Tip: we were there in low season and enjoyed being next to the court yard and kitchen. Nice sounds of the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I took the double private room and the owner charged me USD25 instead of the normal USD30. It was a great bargain. It has hot shower and clean bathroom. The room is clean with clean towels. The kitchen is well equiped, sparkling clean. The whole hostel is well keep and maintained. It is a stone throw away from the main street. It is peaceful and quite except for some inconsiderate dorm backpackers who drank and talked until 12.15am. without any thought for others. They made so much noise and I had to tell them to silence down. There was a notice indicating that after 10pm. you are expected not to make any noise but the inconsiderates had no concern for others. I complained to the owner and he apologised.

Next day, I shifted to another room,away from the tables outside so that these inconsiderates will not disturb my sleep at night.

The owner was very friendly, thoughtful and helpful. This place is full of information for tours, maps, places to eat and everything you ask for. It is a great place to stay. Though he does not speak fluent English but his staff incharge spoken excellent English which is a thumb up for us especially I am illiterate in Spanish.

Best of all is the free flow of freshly brewed coffee. You can help yourselves as much as you want. It is so comfortable and warm staying here. I would stay here again if I ever come back to Monteverde.

I would recommend to all travellers.

Room Tip: Take the room inside or near the sitting hall. It will be quieter as compared to the back room where...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here on my recent trip to Costa Rica. I have never stayed at any hostels before, but staying here made me change my mind! Freddy was the nicest guy ever and we got to tag along with him to his coffee farm to see firsthand how coffee is made. From picking the beans off the plants to soaking them, to drying them. He was so nice that he gave us a free bag of his coffee as a parting gift. Now I wish I had brought something back from the USA to give him. :/ I all could conjur up was some 5 hour energy drinks. :/

Anyway, the rooms here were nice and clean. I never had a problem staying here. And, it was nice just hanging out here in the daytime. This place is actually nicer than another hotel I found off of Trip Advisor. (Los Pinas). Don't stay there!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Berryfusion
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for one night and check in was at 930 am which was wonderful. The young man at the front desk could not have done more for us. The rooms were clean and the patio outside our room on the 2nd floor was a good place to sit and sip wine. The location on a small dirt road just off the town was just perfect for walking to any of the restaurants. We were able to park the car and spend the day and 1/2 enjoying the time away from the rest of the world. Breakfast was made by Elizabeth which is different every day. We have pancakes with bananas and fresh fruit. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeraldHirsh
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nice quiet comfortable place to stay. Pleasant communal areas, good kitchen, lovely breakfasts, good facilities for tourist information and tour booking. Room was comfortable and bathroom fully functional. Located just down from the supermarket and town centre, down a short set of very steep steps and 50m down a gravel road so not suitable for anyone with mobility problems. Further down this road are a good value craft shop selling locally made jewellery and a few nice cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms with shared balcony are quieter, downstairs rooms open directly onto the communal are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TriciaMc
Monteverde Host... C, Propietario at Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you very much for your comment, every day we work to better serve our customers.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

After much research on tripadvisor Cabinas El Pueblo was chosen for a family reunion. Three families, three rooms for a total of 30 days. Cabinas El Pueblo is loaded in a forested area with a resident sloth, and easy access to restaurants and supermarkets in Santa Elena.
The management, Marlenny, Freddy and Diablo could not do enough for nine Canadians, organizing tours, knowledge of the region, suggesting restaurants and every morning a wholesome and nutritious breakfast.
The fully equipped kitchen allowed for many family evening dinners. My grandchildren will miss the regular Spanish lessons provided by Diablo.
It is out intention to return in 2013 as our granddaughter will be attending the Cloud Forest School for one semester, and Nana and Papa will again be staying with Freddie and Diablo.
A most pleasant and always a feeling of complete security. Thanks Diablo and Freddie.

Room Tip: Room 10 was located near the office and had a great veranda for viewing the many birds.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RetiredCanadian118

Hello,
Families of Canada, my husband Freddy and Diego (Diablo) and I (Marlenny) We had the best experience of the world to have three families together here in my hostel and especially to Robin and her daughters were always super nice, and almost no speak much Spanish and if you ever want to return this will be your home!
And here we hope his other family. Thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Cabinas El Pueblo has very nice large, quiet rooms with a shared balcony (2nd floor) for the price with warm showers. Towels are hard to dry out here and are not replaced daily. The daily rotating breakfast is filling and you can sign up for it the night before. Just show up in the kitchen in the morning. The hotel staff provides good information in English and Spanish on local activities and sight-seeing and you can sign up for various activities at the service desk. Central location and next to a supermarket. Easygoing and friendly environment!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Pension Santa Elena
Pension Santa Elena
#4 of 33 in Santa Elena
Cabinas and Hotel Vista Al Golfo

Been to Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!