“Sleepers in Monteverde is GREAT!”

Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Booking a hostel in Monteverde was a thumbsuck, but I struck lucky with Sleepers Sleep Cheaper! As I stepped off the bus from San Jose, Ronnie and his daughter were there to meet me and take me to the hostel. My room was spotlessly clean, with good quality bedding and a lovely bathroom. Ronnie and Yoselin were really informative about the tours available, and were fun to be with. A very positive experience. I will definitely stay there again if I return to Monteverde!

Room Tip: Top floor has comfy armchairs on the balcony ... :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great location for an amazing value. I stayed two nights and the owner helped me plan all my tours in Monteverde. He even helped me pick the best zip line tour based on my personality & likes. The breakfast was great: fresh fruit, coffee, cereal and eggs which was included.

The room was a little small for two bunk beds but the bathroom was huge.

I loved all the handmade woodwork furniture throughout the hostel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've spent 3 nights here in september. The rooms and bathroom are clean, and the included breakfast (with fresh fruits) is a great way to start your day. The family is great and treat its visitors with respect.

Sleepers hostel a great place to start exploring Monteverde and it's surroundings, and the owner is very knowledgeable about the wide range of activities offered. It's a great place for the budget traveller!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and enjoyed the family atmosphere, the service (the owner can tailor the trips he helps you book to what he thinks you'll enjoy from just a few Q's), and the room we stayed in. We stayed in the room at the top as it was only $2 more than the other private room we were shown. It had a nice little bar area and relatively nice views out across the hills. It also had a massive, comfortable bed. It is right across the road from where the bus to Monteverde cloud forest too. We booked a trip to a nature reserve for a night walk, which was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Good people, very helpful. Great breakfast. Ronny was great to sit around and chat with about the local area and the activities that were around. He suggested great food, great coffee, and was really spot on. Extradordinarily clean bathrooms from what I have seen thusfar in Costa Rica. If you like muscle cars, be sure to ask Ronny about that as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hostel to anyone. It's family own and operated. It's clean and the environment is very sympathetic and friendly. The location is great, in the core of Monteverde. There's also free breakfast that the wife cooks for you :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My friend and I spent a few nights here and had a great experience at Sleepers. It is very close to the local bus stop, which makes getting there very easy. The owner, Ronny, was there to greet us and gave us a sheet of the many informational and adrenaline activities around the area and helped us decide on which ones to do. He set up all of our tours and helped us arrange our days in the most time efficient manner. The breakfast there is second to none--fresh fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, toast and coffee/tea. His wife and cute kids and there, who help with breakfast and the laundry service. We had a small problem with the WiFi for the couple days we were there, but he had it fixed by the time we left and in the interim had computers for us to use. He and his family were very sweet and accommodating and really made for a great experience in Santa Elena. We would definitely stay there again and recommend you to stay there too!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
0.2 km away
Monteverde Backpackers
Monteverde Backpackers
#12 of 34 in Santa Elena

Been to Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel? Share your experiences!